Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Misery Loves Company (First Post...kind of long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 07:09 PM
5 Year Member

Default Misery Loves Company (First Post...kind of long)

I will set the stage...

After calling almost every dealership in about a 75 mile radius, and waiting for approximately 2 weeks, I finally located, and purchased my 06' TCM Scion Xb.

I purchased the car just over 1 week ago, on Aug, 5.

Fast forward to Monday afternoon...

Its about 4:45pm and I am going home for the day, I hop in my car and am waiting to exit the parking lot of my office when I catch something in my peripheral vision...

I lay on my horn, and to no avail ... "CRUNCH"

Seems the 75 year old gentleman had not only managed to walk out to his vehicle, but also climb into his late 80's Chevy Suburban (see: Sherman Tank) and back up from his parking spot INTO MY NEW CAR without seeing me.

I wish I would have had the presence on mind to take pictures to acompany this post but unfortunately I did not so I will just do the best I can to descibe the damage.

His bumper hit my car above the drivers side rear wheel well caving in the quarter panel, tweaking the fuel foor, and possibly damaging the bumper, and fuel filler tube.

After exiting his vehicle he had the oddasity to tell me that he didnt see my car because it "blended in with the sky" (damn scion and their fancy names.... perhaps had it been just "silver" instead of "thunder cloud" metallic, this gentleman would be able to discern a shiny silver vehicle from the clear blue sky.

Perhaps it was just my anger but I swear everything this guy said was the wrong thing. Promptly after explaining why he couldnt see my vehicle, he says "well, looks like I only hit you with the rubber bumper...theres no damage to my car"

Are you kidding me? please kind sir..do pour more salt into the wound.

Suprisingly I was able to make in thru my interaction with this gentleman without:

1.) yelling and screaming profanity
2.) punching him in the throat and/or mouth after everything he said.
3.) losing my cool in gneral

I exchanged information with him and even obliged his hand shake as he departed. I immediately called AAA (who consequently he was also insured with) to report my claim.

I worked out all of the details and selected a really good body shop in my area (L & G Enterprises in San Dimas, CA) to do the repairs. I was insured that the vehicle would be returned to me in no less that perfect condition in about 10 or so business days.

I left my Xb with them and picked up my rental yesterday evening. Looks like I will be driving a Seabring for the next several weeks. Wow, it just occured to me that the body shop will have my car longer than I have.

At any rate, the title of this post is Misery loves Company and as such I was wondering if any other members of this cummunity have similar stories regarding their new Scion's, and the ultimate outcome of the repairs, etc.

Thats it for now ..if nothing else thanks for taking the time to read this ... peace everyone.
Old 08-17-2005, 07:19 PM
Max
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Well, nowhere near as new as yours... but here we go at 8 months:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=55304

Also, I did have a lady back into me in a parking lot. I was playing golf, and she did come find me on the course. She just mangled the rear bumper ... $1500 in damage. I had the car for right at a month at the time.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

About 3 weeks after owning.. My 04 Camo XB was demolished.. While driving down the road a drunk driver failed to stop at a red light and right into me, Several Flips and Skids Later I ended up in the ditch upside down in my car which still had dealer tags on it =\

May she rest in peace..

I know own my Current 05 PW XB

Sorry to hear about your Accident
Old 08-17-2005, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

sciondrgn is that your xb on wreckedscions.com upsidedown in the ditch with all the stuff sittin on the headliner?