Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Need advice on in dash Double Din DVD Player

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 07:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Need advice on in dash Double Din DVD Player

So on a whim I was trying to get some speakers, dynamat and an amp but i settled for a dvd player for right now and get the other stuff later. So this is what I got.

http://www.cardomain.com/item/PANCQVD6503U

1.How exactly do you ground the unit to lets say watch it while your not in park.

2. Will I need to upgrade anything such as an alternator or battery to power the tv?

3.Is it going to drain a lot of power while idling. I usually go out to my car on breaks from my dull job to listen to music but if my car is idiling in park for an hour while Im watching the TV am I asking for trouble?

4.Anyone know how much a ticket id if you get caught with watching it while driving I have heard anything from $500-900 from NC to CA.......anyone know NJ???

Thanks fro the feedback and I'll post pics when I finish the install in a couple of days.
Old 07-11-2006, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

1 grounding the radio depends on what wire they are looking for to be grounded... On the older pioneer units you would ground the parking brake lead( thats how it is on mine but again it is older)
2 you should have no problem with your alternator if you have not added massive amounts of power consuming devices ( just a tv, amp dvd, no problems)
3 if the car is running and the alternator and battery are good you should have no problems idiling and watching you r tv.
4 The tickets are various to different areas. I know nationwide it is very very illegal to do this. New Orleans is 300 dollars a buddie of mine got tagged down there. good luck I have a kill switch on my tv. so i can shut it down to say video cannot be played while car is in motion...... also helps to get navigation so you can switch sources if you get pulled over..

good luck hope it helps but again do your research on the grounding if you do it wrong you could fry something..
Old 07-12-2006, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thats a nice unit!