Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Need advice on tweeter installation (XB)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 04:54 PM
5 Year Member

Default Need advice on tweeter installation (XB)

I'm looking into buying a set of CDT EF-61Cfi/25 component speakers for the front and I was also going to add the TW-25/LP Image Enhancement System. Does anyone else have this setup or something similar in their XB? I'm curious is to how and where you mounted your tweeters?

According to the folks over at CDT Audio I need to mount the component speakers and the tweeters that come with it very close together and they recommend mounting the tweeters that come with the imaging kit on the dash or pillar. I'm assuming this means I need to either cut into the door panel near the door speakers and mount the tweeter or make some kind of tweeter pod and mount that close to the door speakers.

I'm wondering if the imaging kit is worth all the hassle and if I should just go with the components and call it a day. If I do stick with just the components should I mount the tweeters in the dash where the stock ones reside or mount them onto of the dash or on the pillar?
Old 02-16-2005, 09:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just go with the components and call it a day. I have the EF61s in my tC and they sound fine in the factory tweeter spot. I say see how it goes with the factory location and if it sounds like crap then use the enhancement kit. You might find out you don't need it.