Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Need an anti-theft device you can count on? Check this out..

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2004, 01:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

FYI never advertise that you have GPS tracking... pro's will hunt down for it if you do...
Old 03-18-2004, 04:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

well, maybe not that, maybe a "flames shoot out when car is tampered with"

you know what i mean
Old 03-18-2004, 05:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

haha flames...

anyways i was thinking, no matter how much you pay for a electronic alarm, theres only 1 battery in your car, and it takes theives a matter of seconds to get to it.

while GPS is tracking this and calling you on the cellphone, how fast can you get back to your car? i understand it gives you some peace of mind over regular alarms, but for the price you pay for the unit, the "HARD" professonal installation.. all that adds up.

andthey can still bust ur window, cut the battery wires,,, jack your headunit... amp and sub or whatever just by yanking it out within what? a min or two?

if that happened, u'd be down a ____load of cash from the alarm and installation and in the end your window is broken, your stereo is gone, and you're going to have to repair and fix and replace everything that went wrong.

i just hate thieves.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

if they want it bad enough, they will get it... my job however is to make it as hard as possible for them...

they already stole one civic from me so far... they are not gettting another car...
they constantly try to steal my my other civic, but have yet to be successful, knock on wood.
Old 03-19-2004, 03:17 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

http://www.cnn.com/WORLD/africa/9812...r/240x180.html

This is great!
Old 03-19-2004, 02:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Originally Posted by hahajoey
im not an electronic expert, but can't i just reach behind the plug like where th fusebox is and just cut the wires or connect them together to make it work again?
An armored steel cable protects the wires from the rear of the Ravelco base on through to the engine compartment, where all the connections are made and camouflaged.

Again, no anti-theft device is full-proof. Also, depending on the area in which you live or work, you may want more or less security features installed. If you live in the backwoods of Maine, you probably don't need LoJack, a GPS enabled car alarm, wheel-boot locks, and a built-in flame-thrower. A dead, stinky fish on your front dash might be enough.

Dylan
Old 06-03-2004, 06:36 AM
5 Year Member

Dylan, i must say, it sound slike you are trying to sell these for a living, are you a dealer? Im a viper security system fan myself. Im going to purchase the one that was on pimp my ride with the little LCD screen keychain.
Old 06-07-2004, 12:30 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Valet 554R is basically the same (literly they are the same, both manufactured by directed electronics) as the viper 791 or whatever their high end alarm system is....its just as expensive but with the valet you get 2 remotes and a lot more features, i.e. tell what your car temp is inside the car from your remote, roll down or up windows, all the bells and whistles...

I have it, its cool... thats my 2 cents

i flew through the posts on here... but noticed someone said every car has 1 battery and they will find that... i dunno if anyone else posted this, but if you tend to spend this much on a car alarm you usually throw in a much smaller battery hidden in the car somewhere

ps - installation of car alarm by an experienced pro is crucial

eddie G
Old 06-07-2004, 03:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just get a descent reasonable priced alarm system installed and have a good INSURANCE POLICY....... That's all you need guys......L8R...
Old 06-07-2004, 06:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by MrLavaLava
Just get a descent reasonable priced alarm system installed and have a good INSURANCE POLICY....... That's all you need guys......L8R...
i 2nd that, you only have to worry about the joyriders, not the pro, they'll take anything they desire

you pay for insurance right, let them steal it if they want.....just dont keep any valuables in the car
Old 06-09-2004, 12:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

you could always sleep in your car, and if anybody wakes you, you could say;

"*cough* Can we help you?"

odds are they'll say " No, I must have the wrong car, I thought this one was mine", run away REALLY fast, or just pass out
Old 06-09-2004, 04:29 PM
xb
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if want no one start your car, just wired the the ignition wire to the power window or power mirror whatever bottom you know, then u need to press that bottom while u start your car :D my frined did that to his G-35 , the guy couldn't move his car out off the driveway in the parking lot, until he finished the dinner and started it himself, then give a big tip to the parking boy..

it's real cheap to get that done, and u can hide it where ever you want.. but nothing can do with the tow-truck
Old 06-09-2004, 05:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

When I cruised with my bro he used to just pull the fuel pump relay in his Mustang 5.0

I thought that was kinda slick but I think on our boxes we would have to open the hood every time
Old 09-27-2004, 09:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Someone said "Just don't keep valuables in the car"

Well geez, I better take out this DVD head unit, remove those subs and amp and go ahead and take off these 18's as well! J/K

I actually agree... If they want it they'll get it. Just pay your insurance, use alarms, clubs and wheel locks to make your car unappealing to thieves. And for god's sake, don't leave that stack of $100 bills on your dash!! Even I'd break your window for that!
Old 09-27-2004, 10:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Where can you get one of those car covers that look like a ratty ___ chevy citation like in the hyundai commercial? :D