Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Pics of your Passport 8500 installed?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2005, 09:30 PM
5 Year Member

Default Pics of your Passport 8500 installed?

Does anyone have pics of a passport 8500 installed in their tC or any other scion?
Old 03-22-2005, 09:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

No pic on me, but the 8500 is just to the left of my mirror up high and the remote mute/led box is mounted inside the pocket just below my climate controls.
Just a jab of the finger away from the 5 speed and its muted.
Old 03-23-2005, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Pics of your Passport 8500 installed?

Originally Posted by pearldrummerms
Does anyone have pics of a passport 8500 installed in their tC or any other scion?
I know that Motozen has the passport 8500 hard wired onto his car with the remote mute button. it was a good clean install, but unfortunatly the pics that he had posted earlier arnt working any more. I'd pm him for the pics, here is the post he origionally started.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...452&highlight=

Just to give you an idea of what the mounting should look like here are some pics of my install.

you should mount the radar detector up high somewhere (it works better this way)

I put the mute button and the remote arrows in the little cubby hole behind the gear shift, you can see it easily while driving, and is hidden away so that if you take your radar detector down, there will be no sign of a radar detector system in your car.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:16 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Where did you tap into power at? My dealer said there are a few places you can tap into power that won't void your warranty. Anyone know of these? I assume the cigarette lighter is one.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by fuzzbawl
Where did you tap into power at? My dealer said there are a few places you can tap into power that won't void your warranty. Anyone know of these? I assume the cigarette lighter is one.
Go to PepBoys and get the Add-A-Circuit by LittelFuse. You can plug it into an existing fuse socket and run another circuit from there.
Old 03-26-2005, 03:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

at the two wires coming of the back of the cig lighter, just test with a multimeter with the key on. radar detector will turn on/off with the rest of the car. If you use 16 ga or smaller wire it tucks really nicely and you won't see a thing.
Old 03-28-2005, 07:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by timinaz
Go to PepBoys and get the Add-A-Circuit by LittelFuse. You can plug it into an existing fuse socket and run another circuit from there.
Do not add a circuit this way. If you ever remove that littelFuse peice, the factory fuse will not stay in correctly ever again.

The cig lighter is the best place because it is ignition controlled.

Jason