Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Picture of xB center console - aux port?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 04:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Picture of xB center console - aux port?

I'm wondering if anyone has a picture of the wire(s) that plug into the center console on an xB. Currently, I am connecting the stero cable from that port to my laptop but i want a cleaner solution.

I want to cut and connect the stero wire I have and solder it to the cables that run to the aux port. This way, I can run the wire under the carpet and into the dash where I want the cable to come out from...

Any help is appreciated as always from the sh00ksta! haha!
- sh00k
Old 03-29-2006, 12:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I guess this is what your looking for, the pinout from left to right is red, gray, white and black. Hope this helps.

Old 03-29-2006, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Proshop! thank you so much for the pics!

Just wondering though - How would I go about splicing a stero jack cable i have into this harness that you've shown me pictures of? I have a radioshack sterojack-to-sterojack cable and want to run it under the carpet, and come out from the glove compartment area...

I appreciate your input and thank you again for the pics!
- sh00k
Old 03-29-2006, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Well im gonna take a wild guess(i am no expert on the aux), but im going to say, that there is a left positive and negative and a right positive and negative at on this harness. Which is which will have to be determined, but you would cut and splice your stereo jack, which should have a left and right plus the negative and positives in to the factory one. The biggest problem is going to be figuring out what is what on the factory aux wires. Im try the red as postive and the gray as negative and the white as postive and the black as negative, then you would just have to figure out whats left and right. Like i said these's are only guess'es , trial and error is gonna have to work, unless somone knows the actual pinout. Hope this helps let me know if you have anymore questions.
Old 03-29-2006, 04:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ProshopXB
Well im gonna take a wild guess(i am no expert on the aux), but im going to say, that there is a left positive and negative and a right positive and negative at on this harness.
Cool - thanks for the tip. I'm going to try to remove 1 set (two) of the wires you mentioned above, then plug in the aux and see how it sounds. if your guess above is right, only 1 of the sides will be playing and that'll help me determine which side is which!

I'll do that this weekend and will let you know the results!
- sh00k
Old 03-29-2006, 05:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool, sounds good let us know what you find out.
Old 04-20-2006, 10:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Did you ever do this?
Old 04-21-2006, 01:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, I sorta did. Rather than hacking up the aux. port that the factory puts there, I connected my stero cable to the port in the stock locataion and just ran it under the console, (above the carpet) and into the kick panel on the drivers side right foot area. from there, i fished the wire through the gove compartment. I have a post with my carputer setup in my signature - i have a pic of the wire running beneath the center console there.

I'm going to be installing LED dome lights into my box in a couple of weeks or so and during this time, im going to run the wires beneath the carpet so you cant see it at all. =]

The reason I didn't hack up the stock port is because I want to keep all the changes to my xB "reversible" for the most part. Meaning, if i decide to bring the car back to stock - for whatever reason, i can do that. I sorta contradict myself by saying this because im installing 18 LED dome lights in a couple of weeks which will require me to hack up (put holes in) the roof liner.......................................................

Again, take a look at the link in my signature. you'll see what i've done there.
- sh00k
Old 04-21-2006, 02:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I need someone with an 06 and a multimeter to put the meter between the Brown and White pins (pins 3 and 4) on the 4 pin jack of the aux connector, and tell me what the volt meter reads both with a plug in the jack, and with out.

I'm almost to the point where I can figure out what's going on, to allow non-06 owners to have an 06 radio in their car and use the aux port.

Or if someone has some sort of functional diagram of those pins on the aux jack.