Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Please help! Removing Interior Panels W/ pics- xB

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 06:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Please help! Removing Interior Panels W/ pics- xB

Hi all, after a year of owning my xB, I am adding an Infinity basslink to my stock system.

After extensive searching on SL, I have concluded that I need to run the power cable from the passenger firewall, and down the side of the car to the rear.

This leads me to my post. I am asking anybody to post pictures to help my remove interior panels.

My main concern is the passenger side cargo panel. And the panel that runs up to the seat belt.- what are the tricks to removing them?

Any positive replies with pictures would be appreciated
Old 06-21-2005, 06:26 PM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, all I did was yank off the door sills and ran it that way. The wire you can tuck up under the panel if pulled on (not taken off all the way). I just ran it under the door sills. I didnt remove the seatbelt assembly, i just pushed the wire underneath it and it works great. Cant be seen at all. Is this helpful? I have no pictures but im trying to explain best i can

scott
Old 06-21-2005, 06:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You have to take the back seat out to get the black piece that covers the strut tower off.
Old 06-22-2005, 12:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Come on! dig up those pics!
Old 06-22-2005, 05:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

As far as the back went for me when I installed a 4ga. power wire, I just took a metal coat hanger bent into a straight line, fished it through from the trunk area until it came up by the sill in the rear door (wich I took off), and taped the wire to it, and yanked it back. It worked fine for me.
Old 06-22-2005, 09:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Okay, I got you some pics. Sorry if I leave something out, or if you have any quesitons, just ask me, Ill try to straighten things out.
Here we go,

The first panel to take off is the door sill panel.

Just reach near the back of it and pull straight up, once you get to the front, it may take some doing, but just pop it off.

After you work it off, the next thing is the panel to the front of it, below the glove box.

Just pull near the front of it until it comes off of that little bolt thing. Then pull up from the rear, where you took of the first panel, and gently pull it up. It should just pull right up and come off.

Moving to the rear, take the door sill panel off just like the front.

For the pillar between them, just rotate the seatbelt thing to the bottom and pull from the bottom and work your way up to the top.

When you have one side off, the other side just slides off. pull it out from the side of the seat and its away.

Run your wires where you just took your panels off, but dont put them back on until you've fully wired it up. That way you can make sure you have enough wire to run them properly.

Now, move to the back and remove that little box container thing. And you can see where I ran my wires. (sorry, these next few pics may be blurry)

To run the wire to the back you dont need to take the rear panel off. All you need to do is take a metal coat hanger, and unbend it.

Put it under the rear panel and CAREFULLY! push it through. You may want to put a little electrical tape on the end so it doesnt scratch. DO NOT FORCE IT. It may take some doin to get it through, like pulling it out and bending the wire. If it doesnt go in and you push it a little harder, and it doesnt move, pull it back out and try it again. Get it till it comes out the other side.

After you get it through, tape your wire onto it, and pull it back out slowly. Tape it really good to the wire, or it may come off.

Make sure you have enough wire to replace the panels, and put them back on the same way you took them off.

Hook up your wires and your ready.

My first time doin this kinda thing, so, like I said, if you have any questions, just ask.

Hope that helps!