Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...
View Poll Results: Best Overall Subwoofer Brand
JL Audio
46.96%
Resonant Engineering
12.15%
MTX (New Line 7500, 8500, 9500)
5.52%
Diamond Audio
4.97%
Crossfire
2.21%
Kicker
19.34%
Memphis
8.84%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Please post xB DB ratings from SPL competition here!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 06:44 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by HyperZ
Awesome info!
I guess I got the bottom of the barrel but these are super woofers and they all hit hard!
I wish they would have tested the Phoenix Gold Ti Elite 12" sub.
Old 08-07-2005, 06:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah... very many companies were asked to offer a subwoofer for testing... some wanted to, but couldn't for whatever reason, others never responded or stopped responding after a while. Maybe next year more companies will represent. The PG sub was discontinued, so it couldn't be included in the tests. Here is a list of subs that were on the list at some point.

JL Audio 12w7 - JL AUDIO IS IN!!! THANK YOU MANVILLE SMITH!!!!.
Diamond Audio TDX - DIAMOND IS IN! D9 on the way!!
Image Dynamics IDMAX - IMAGE DYNAMICS IS IN - THANK YOU!!!!!!! We have recieved the IDMAX
Cerwin Vega Stroker PRO (12") - No response from CV - Driver not included.
JBL GTI Subwoofer - JBL IS IN, THANK YOU ANDY WEHMEYER!!!!!!
MTX 9500 - MTX IS IN! 9500 on the way!!!
PG Gold TI Elite - Item has been discontinued, will not be included
RE XXX12 - Isn't responding to inquiry. Driver will not be included.
Adire Audio Brahma - Isn't responding to inquiry. Driver will not be included.
Kicker SOLOX12 - KICKER IS IN - THANK YOU!!!!!!! TRACY FOCHT !!!!!We have recieved the SOLOX
Orion H2 - ORION IS IN!!!! THANK YOU ORION DEALER!!! WE have recieved the H2
- additions -

Digital Designs 9500 - Stopped responding to inquiry
SoundSplinter RLP - Responded but eventually stopped responding to inquiry. Will not be included.
Earthquake Subzero - Isn't responding to inquiry. Driver will not be included.
Oz Audio Elite - Isn't responding to inquiry. Driver will not be included..
TREO SSX - Isn't responding to inquiry. Driver will not be included.
Old 08-08-2005, 02:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hit a 144.8 with 2 15's on a termpro. I highly doubt anyone will be hitting in the 150's without a wall on a termpro. I can do a 151.3 on an audiocontrol old school meter but the termpro scores much harder.
Old 08-08-2005, 10:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

with a weak kenwood amp and two bottom of the line diamond 12's my buddy jesse ( JESSR ) hit 145.9 db.
Old 08-09-2005, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Here is my set up!

Here is my car......

My car squats low because of the equipment. You can't fit your finger between the rim and the fender. I need to install my stock springs..... I don't like sporting dirty rims but it rained that day....

Here is a close up of the suede and my broken port cover. It broke under extreme air displacement of course.....=) Seriously. The installer is going to fix it....
Old 08-10-2005, 12:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ok wow this post is old cant belive it came back up cool though im all for car audio. Um well when I had posted long time ago I was running 1 10" HCCA orion with only 1000w amp. Now im running 2 Lightning Audio 10" subs and a Lanzar OPTI 4000RMS amp. Yes its is 4000RMS look the damn thing up I dont feel like having someone post a next cause they buy there stuff from Best buy or CC and think that paying 450$ for 800w(peak power not RMS) is a good amp. Anyways I unfortunatlly am useing a pre fab box ATM until I build one for the subs, im also running 4gage wire not alt like im supposed to and last im useing the stock battery and alt. and no im not using a CAP(I dont need one)oh also I have the subs wired to 2ohm not 1ohm or .5ohm like I should be. That said I hit 141.6 at a recent show in colorado. Which was kinda cool cause a guy running 8 8" kickers only hit 141.5 and they didnt have a bass cd for us to use so I just played a high bass song from a cd I had on me. After I fix all my issuses Ill hit(should hit)atleast 150db. And ya I know your all gonna laugh at that too but oh well cant say much for a group that after polled said JL subs are the best subs for power and quality when DD and RE are the ones that win world finals.
Old 08-10-2005, 12:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

why on earth would you run lightning audio subs and a lanzar amp? that's the ghetto-est of swapmeet brands.
Old 08-10-2005, 01:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
why on earth would you run lightning audio subs and a lanzar amp? that's the ghetto-est of swapmeet brands.

Ya that is a pretty cheap set up as far as "name brands" go but , my hats off to him cuz bass all sounds the ____in same when its for SPL.
In regards to the 4000WRMS ...uhhhh I doubt you getting that with a 2ohm load...maybe 2000W which is still alot but dude your gonna toast your electrical systems.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

This thread will never die!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-10-2005, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ya know this is a great site for anything scion but God do most the peolpe here do not know car audio. ok first 3000RMS at 2ohm not 2000, second I did run the car at a 1/2 ohm for 2 days and didnt have a problem and I drove over 60miles like that thats 4000RMS although it might have only been pushing more like 3500-3800 due to the fact that I dont have the alt gage run through the car yet and anything over a 1/4 the volume was popping the fuse off the battery. Next my subs and amp the amp is 1800$ msrp(no i didnt even spend close to that cause I got it off a guy from sound domain) also the subs are the Storm series there highest endstuff I belive retal 300$ each but thanks to ebay I payed that for both subs. The subs handle up to 3000RMS each. also my HU is a 500$ unit that I also payed 1/2 for on ebay so all together around a 3000$ system.....what ghetto.
Old 08-10-2005, 03:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the brands are ghetto. i knew the amp wasnt cheap. the subs are crap tho. but if it slumps. and when the fuse at the batt starts popping maybe your should change something.
Old 08-10-2005, 05:54 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok fine there Ghetto like I care Id rather have a ghetto brand of audio than name brand crap like(oh god im gonna tick alot of people off now) audio bond, Rockford fosgate, sony, pioneer, MTX, pyle, kicker, and JL. Yes they are crap and the only thing they make that is not crap are there comp. series stuff that you have to order from them by knowing someone, sure MTX has one awsome sub there RFL same with Rockford fosgate but its there team RF sub for there comp. team and pioneer has one great sub find but there all 1000$ subs that I havent see any of you guys use. Now I dont care about what F-ing Brand it is as long as it can handle the power and sound great to which my subs and amp do thats another thing amps god I dont wanna hear that you have a 1000w amp by any of these companies listed as being great amps they all have low S/N ratio, and they over rate there amps you dont buy an amps cause it says it has 1000w bridged or peak power you look for RMS that is its true power your not running your subs at that power unless it is its RMS I buy amps and subs based on RMS and S/N ratio to which mine have high marks in both. One last thing the reason my fuses were popping was the amp is trying to draw off 300amps off a battery that prolly only puts out 160-180 I also am running 4gage not alt gage that make a diff. and to really show off how about I buy a 17v altinator and yellow top battery and run the alt gage wire then the amp will put out 6000RMS.
Old 08-10-2005, 02:06 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yes they are crap and the only thing they make that is not crap are there comp. series stuff that you have to order from them by knowing someone, sure MTX has one awsome sub there RFL same with Rockford fosgate but its there team RF sub for there comp. team and pioneer has one great sub find but there all 1000$ subs that I havent see any of you guys use.
The RFL is the worst sounding sub in the world....... It's made strictly for SPL!
Is your set up strictly SPL or do you street beat?
Sounds like your in SPL mode do you know anything about SQ?
I honestly think your giving your amp more credit than it deserves.....
I'm not hating by any means so don't get offensive with me because I don't want to get ____ed off either and as we all know forum thuggin is pointless. Just think about what you are saying.
With anything over 2000watts you need 0gauge and definately upgrade your electrical.
Be careful because as good of a bargin that you got you don't want to burn your amp up......
Old 08-11-2005, 12:35 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

As of this time yes my system is set up for SPL, yes the RFL is for SPL only and as for SQ yes HCCA, Elementle Designs, and Eclips make great SQ subs as for amps its all about the S/N ratio HCCA made some great SQ amps but U.S. amps make the best S/N ratio amps or atleast they did havent checked them in about a year or so. And as for upgrading my electrical system ya I know that already I need new alt, alt wirering, battery, 0gage wire ran to the amp and no I dont need a CAP the yellow top and new ALT will be more than enough.
Old 08-11-2005, 01:30 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I understand what you are saying about the S/N and the THD and all that good stuff but there really is a hellof a lot more to it than that. I get the idea though.
My amp has a S/N of 120 and that is one of the major factors that I looked at.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:27 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yes there are other factors involved in the quality of the amp and subs. And When im done trying to do SPL comp stuff ill clean out the Tc and do a hole custom job to it for SQ. But im about 2 years from completing that goal. It tends to cost more to do a great SQ setup than just a loud SPL setup.
Old 08-11-2005, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

what do u think about memphis makubex? i have a 15in mojo dual 2
Old 08-12-2005, 03:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Mojo's kick A$$ although thats about all I like from memphis as far as there subs go. Ya If you burp that sub with a 4000RMS of power you can hit real hard. They also sound good to.
Old 08-12-2005, 03:48 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

by the way reign_man how is the leaf village is naruto causing any trouble. lol
Old 08-12-2005, 05:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

naw man the village is fine. narutos out getting garra back

but as far as the power, im gonna run 1500 rms.

makubex....does that name come from getBackers?

Quick Reply: Please post xB DB ratings from SPL competition here!