Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...
View Poll Results: Best Overall Subwoofer Brand
JL Audio
46.96%
Resonant Engineering
12.15%
MTX (New Line 7500, 8500, 9500)
5.52%
Diamond Audio
4.97%
Crossfire
2.21%
Kicker
19.34%
Memphis
8.84%
Voters: 181. You may not vote on this poll

Please post xB DB ratings from SPL competition here!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2004, 08:15 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I was to go with kicker I would get the Solo X and if I was to go with Memphis I would get the LVS.....they both are pretty crazy subs...

Does anyone have any input about Orion subs?
I remember their Pro series sounded pretty clean.
I haven't heard their big dog.....it looks heavy duty though....

So how about them DB ratings?
Old 09-02-2004, 08:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I think it's the orion H2. That is one mean sub. I can't get them here unless I have them shipped in state from somewhere. Nobody sells them in colorado that I know of.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah I do all of my shopping online anyway.
The specs look good but it's always good to hear the equipment first hand. I haven't heard anything amazing about them so I guess they aren't really that special....
They do look good though.....
Old 09-03-2004, 02:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Phoenix Elite?
Old 09-03-2004, 02:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

heh..the H2...yea that sucker is a beast...i saw a civic hatch with 4 of them...no rear seat..two of the subs were directly behind the driver\pass. seats...the other two were on the floor. only one amp pushin it too....it pounded
Old 09-03-2004, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Has anyone ever had the Orion HCCA 10's? I have a couple still in their original boxes that have never been used. Thinking about building a box for them. Has anyone heard these ebefore, any input would be helpful. Other option is putting a JL 8w6 under each seat in sealed boxes. Not sure where to put the amp then.

Only time I ever had it measured I hit 142db with 6 JL 8w6's in an Aerostar ext. van.
Old 09-03-2004, 02:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

orion's get pretty loud when a box is built to spec... they were one of the first to introduced the cheater amps... 50x2 @ 4 ohms which ended up at 1000+ @ 1 ohm... etc...

the audio connections had 4 15's in their xb, and many people in the northeast can tell you how loud it was...
Old 09-03-2004, 02:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

heh..the H2...yea that sucker is a beast...i saw a civic hatch with 4 of them...no rear seat..two of the subs were directly behind the driver\pass. seats...the other two were on the floor. only one amp pushin it too....it pounded
Cool....that's actually the first thing I have heard about the H2's....
Has anyone ever had the Orion HCCA 10's? I have a couple still in their original boxes that have never been used. Thinking about building a box for them. Has anyone heard these ebefore, any input would be helpful. Other option is putting a JL 8w6 under each seat in sealed boxes. Not sure where to put the amp then.
Yeah man, If I am not mistaking those are the model above the Orion Pro series but under the H2. They rock.....In my opinion I think they would definetly hang with the W6's. I wouldn't hesitate to invest in building a box for them and getting hooked up. How did you mamage to just come accross the HCCA's it's not like someone would just leave those lying around for anyone to scoop up. They are pretty high dollar subs.....Plenty of Bump potential....
Old 09-03-2004, 03:00 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

About a year and half ago I bought 8 of them at one time because I got them really cheap @ about $120.00 a piece. I sold the rest, made my money back so these two basically didn't cost me anything. I haven't had the time and haven't put forth the effort to build or pay $200.00 for a box. I got the same kind of deal on amps and I have 2 HCCA 225 amps to run them with.
Old 09-03-2004, 03:30 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah definetly worth building a box for....I'm even debating on getting a couple after I read all of the reviews....Check it out and quit being a cheap a$$...haha....j/k

http://ecoustics.audioreview.com/psc...8_1808crx.aspx
Old 09-03-2004, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

one thing i didnt mention about that civic...the two behind the seats were behind the HEADRESTS....on a floating rack mount type thing...they were free air mounted i think, im not sure there was some plexi ...maybe that was the box. it was dark when i saw it so it made was harder to see the plexi
Old 09-03-2004, 03:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Im running 2 orion H-2's pushing it from an orion 5000D amp and an 800 watt amp pushing my high's complete Orion system. This baby "ROCKS" These sub are 2000 watts rms a piece. Plus I dynamated the whole car for deeper and better BASS. Have'nt measured the DB's yet but as soon as I do I will report it.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Here are some pics of my system.

Old 09-03-2004, 05:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Nice chipz.....
Those subs look heavy duty for real.
What's with the head rest in the rear seats?
You have money to burn or what...haha
Can I ask you how you posted your pics from your cell on to the forum?
I've always wondered how.....
Im running 2 orion H-2's pushing it from an orion 5000D amp and an 800 watt amp pushing my high's complete Orion system. This baby "ROCKS" These sub are 2000 watts rms a piece. Plus I dynamated the whole car for deeper and better BASS. Have'nt measured the DB's yet but as soon as I do I will report it.
Yo....that sounds tight.
I am interested to know how that is going to measure up.
Can those subs hurt you? DO they get crazy loud?
Let me know becasue I am interested in getting a couple possibly....
Old 09-03-2004, 06:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Headrest in rear for shows and for people behind me. :D Save the pics from your phone to your computer. Then register at photobucket.com. Save the pics on your photobucket account. They work on here then. Let me know if need anymore help on that. These subs hit real hard. They are the ones that hit 147+. I really like em. They do great with the deep notes.Think here soon the third sub is going in. Can't wait.
Old 09-03-2004, 06:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hey chips, just wundering, y do u have the subs so close together? and what is the air space in that box?

note/ H2s do have 2000 rms..but the max is only 2500....just so u guys who thought it would be 4000 max..its not
Old 09-03-2004, 07:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Will the H2's sound good with 1000watts going to each of them.....
I have read the HCCA's sound great under their RMS and I was wondering if it was the same with the H2......
The 5000D Orion amp how much it that pushing to the H2 subs?
I have an eclipse amp that is rated at 1000watts per channel at 2ohms...
Old 09-03-2004, 07:08 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What's with all of this commercialized ____? Lets go for quality/price. Audiobahn's companies, and ANABA group's companies (MA Audio and the likes...) sadly enough, kick JL/Rockford/Kicker/Memphis etc asses price/performance when it comes to this commercialized overpriced ____.

BUT, if you want real performance -- go with a company like Resonant Engineering. Great company, their products are unbelievable. You want real SQ/SPL? Elemental Designs has you covered... don't like them? Try Adire Audio.

All great companies, and the "big names" can't even BEGIN to hold a candle to them.
Old 09-03-2004, 07:22 PM
xBMNx

Originally Posted by jdaniels
What's with all of this commercialized ____? Lets go for quality/price. Audiobahn's companies, and ANABA group's companies (MA Audio and the likes...) sadly enough, kick JL/Rockford/Kicker/Memphis etc asses price/performance when it comes to this commercialized overpriced ____.

BUT, if you want real performance -- go with a company like Resonant Engineering. Great company, their products are unbelievable. You want real SQ/SPL? Elemental Designs has you covered... don't like them? Try Adire Audio.

All great companies, and the "big names" can't even BEGIN to hold a candle to them.
well said daniels i totally agrree

Old 09-03-2004, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All great companies, and the "big names" can't even BEGIN to hold a candle to them
Buddy.....I understand where you are coming from. I've heard nothing but good things from all of those brands. Especially XXX and the Brahma's....
You sound upset......Would you like to talk about it?
Kind of ____ed me off with all of your hostility. Make Hulk want to smash.....
I mean what did JL do to you for you to come here bad mouthing their stuff. I agree they are somewhat over priced....
I personally haven't had a chance to hear any of those brands....only heard good things about them....I really don't even know where to find them for sale...
Does anyone?

Quick Reply: Please post xB DB ratings from SPL competition here!