Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

powered subwoofer recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2004, 08:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default powered subwoofer recommendations?

I am looking for something simple to install so I figure I should probably go with a powered tube of some kind, can anyone recommend any good ones that don't suck like the bazooka?

BTW: bazooka was top notch a few years back I thought what happened? All I hear is people saying they are not worth the cash.
Old 04-23-2004, 08:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I think that they are still good, but they are not worth what the dealer is trying to charge. Shop around for the Bazooka :D
Old 04-24-2004, 02:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I used to have a kicker substation it was made really well and hit hard.
Old 04-24-2004, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

The Infinity Basslink sounds pretty good, ask Dave(toy xbox) because he had one installed in his box before he went custom.

Hope this helps,
Old 04-26-2004, 03:40 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Get the Kicker, then the Bazooka, then settle for Infinity if you have to..

Infinity sounds like loosely tightened drum...
Old 04-28-2004, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by KAuss
Get the Kicker, then the Bazooka, then settle for Infinity if you have to..

Infinity sounds like loosely tightened drum...
Depends on your setup... I had it with the stock 6 cd head unit it was clean not to overpowering and the space used was very minimal. I then went to Alpine PXA-H700
Processor setup and I had much better control of the bass.

The best thing about the basslink is that it uses less space (more mounting options), more of a factory looking installed item instead of a add-on and to me is just right to hear and feel the bass without going overboard.

I recommend it to anyone who wants a nice looking powered sub solution to enhance their factory system
Old 04-28-2004, 08:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

ive got the infinity basslink mounted in the rear cargo area (up against & parallel to the rear seat...if that makes sense...) i agree that it is a convenient alternative to the Bazooka Tube... it gives a very clean and accurate low end...

if you get it...my only advice is do not have in any way, shape, or form, any expectation / want / or need for a real deep low end sound. that's not what its about...it sounds really clean with almost any types of music, but when you get into stuff like hip hop / rap stuff...the low end is not very satisfying...

good luck!
Old 04-30-2004, 01:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by xB ey
ive got the infinity basslink mounted in the rear cargo area (up against & parallel to the rear seat...if that makes sense...) i agree that it is a convenient alternative to the Bazooka Tube... it gives a very clean and accurate low end...

if you get it...my only advice is do not have in any way, shape, or form, any expectation / want / or need for a real deep low end sound. that's not what its about...it sounds really clean with almost any types of music, but when you get into stuff like hip hop / rap stuff...the low end is not very satisfying...

good luck!
How do you have yours installed? Do you have the original deck? If so did you install it with high power inputs? Where did you run the wires from?
Old 04-30-2004, 01:41 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Rayman

good luck!
How do you have yours installed? Do you have the original deck? If so did you install it with high power inputs? Where did you run the wires from?
originally i went with the stock deck, but have since changed to a panasonic. sorry, i dont know the model number off hand. I believe the basslink is running straight from the deck. the wires are running down the side of the car / door...
Old 04-30-2004, 02:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

good luck!
originally i went with the stock deck, but have since changed to a panasonic. sorry, i dont know the model number off hand. I believe the basslink is running straight from the deck. the wires are running down the side of the car / door...
Oh well I know how I have to do it. I'm just looking for an easy way out but don't really think there is one the way I want to set it up. I just hope it sounds good after it's all done.
Old 04-30-2004, 05:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

good luck!
Oh well I know how I have to do it. I'm just looking for an easy way out but don't really think there is one the way I want to set it up. I just hope it sounds good after it's all done.
The link below is the owners manual to the infinty basslink

http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Ow...SLINK%20om.pdf

I did the input source connection to the basslink from the rear speakers it worked fine. I later purchased the toyota wiring harness for the bazooka to get a factory connection to the head unit and never used it. It would of been a cleaner install but it was working fine the way I originally set it up.
Old 04-30-2004, 10:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Toy xbox

good luck!
The link below is the owners manual to the infinty basslink

http://manuals.harman.com/INF/CAR/Ow...SLINK%20om.pdf

I did the input source connection to the basslink from the rear speakers it worked fine. I later purchased the toyota wiring harness for the bazooka to get a factory connection to the head unit and never used it. It would of been a cleaner install but it was working fine the way I originally set it up.
Thanks. I was going to do that but I was also thinking of running the front speakers to the back also so the subwoofer can act as a crossover and not let the lower frequencies go to the front speakers. They don't seem to like the lower frequencies too much. Maybe I'll just get some of those add on crossovers you can attach to each speaker to block those lower octaves.