Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Problems with the 6-disc

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2005, 08:10 PM
5 Year Member
Team N.V.S.

Default Problems with the 6-disc

I recently sold the 6-disc from Scion to someone and now he's having problems with it. It was refurbished so before I sent it I put it in shipping mode. Now he got it and installed it in his Tacoma but can't get it to work properly. He said he followed the steps and took it out of shipping mode once he installed it. Problems is it shows that there is 6 cds in it when there isn't any in. He tried pressing eject button but it shows "eject" on the screen and then goes back to the radio station. It seems as tho it's still locked or something? I know it works because I tested it before I shipped it. Anyone know what's going on?
Old 10-09-2005, 08:33 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Problems with the 6-disc

Originally Posted by jz05tc
I recently sold the 6-disc from Scion to someone and now he's having problems with it. It was refurbished so before I sent it I put it in shipping mode. Now he got it and installed it in his Tacoma but can't get it to work properly. He said he followed the steps and took it out of shipping mode once he installed it. Problems is it shows that there is 6 cds in it when there isn't any in. He tried pressing eject button but it shows "eject" on the screen and then goes back to the radio station. It seems as tho it's still locked or something? I know it works because I tested it before I shipped it. Anyone know what's going on?
Hey, I'm the one who bought it, here is whats happening:
I just took my dash apart and inserted the plugs to test the unit before putting everythigng back together. It was sent to me in the shipment mode. When I powered it up what shows on the display is: upper left hand corner it shows 6 discs and below that it says "cd in" (there are no cd's in it) Below that it shows "FM1 1ch 87.9" all of the buttons are locked out when I press them. The only thing that functions is the power button. I tried reversing the "shipment mode" instructions as displayed on the top of the unit with no avail. I have the manual and there is nothing that references it either. I am thinking that there must be a certain sequence of buttons that you press to get it in the normal mode. Any ideas or help?

Thanks,

Tim