Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Remote start trouble with Viper 771XV

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2004, 12:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by dgHotLava
Originally Posted by BrianxB

He clarified that he was holding the clutch in while activating the remote start so that is not the issue at this point.
it will still need to be done.....
I'm either going to set up a relay or just bridge the connector on the clutch.
Old 12-16-2004, 03:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Remote start trouble with Viper 771XV

Originally Posted by reign
I'm having trouble with my remote start on my Viper 771XV alarm. When I go to initiate the remote start by pressing the * button twice, it goes into remote start mode. the LED lights and the parking lights flash every few seconds, but nothing happens. Doesn't crank .. nothing. Any insight would be greatly appreciated :) It's getting cold out there, so remote start would be wonderful!
Even with a bypass module it should still at least crank a little. You can try it with
the key in the cylinder to make sure. Might be stupid but did you make sure to wire the starter the right way. Maybe it is shooting power back to the switch? If you get light flashes I would think it may be the starter wire.
HTH,
JT
Old 12-19-2004, 08:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad
SL Member

How many flashes are you getting? First I will tell you that you shoud have just used
a Clifford and used a 750 or higher alarm with intellastart will work with a stick safely . But back to your problem if it is not trying to crank it most likely is not yhe transponder bypass but could be that the starter wires are reversed. If you are getting four flashes your hood pin is stopping the remote start.Please PM me with more details so I can help you out more.
Old 12-19-2004, 02:26 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

older cliffords don't always work to well below 15 degrees ... and sometimes we get that type of weather around here...
Old 12-20-2004, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by reign
Originally Posted by BrianxB
Wait, I just checked DEI. Did you forget that your car has a SECOND STARTER WIRE? Did you use another relay and wire this up? I bet that is your problem. The other day I did a remote start in a Nissan and I was sick, I forgot to wire up the second starter wire and it acted the same way your car did.
Which wire should I use to energize the relay?
On the remote start satellite relay pack there is a 4 pin harness that plugs in next to the ribbon cable. It contains the colors blue, pink, orange and purple. The purple wire pulses Ground during crank so use this as your trigger to one side of the relay and wire teh other side to constant 12 volts. Wiring the second starter relay is as follows:
85- Constant 12v
86- purple wire on the 4pin harness
30 - Constant 12v
87- to second starter wire in car

As for bypassing the clutch, I wrote up a small thread about how to do it on the xB, if the tC shares the same switch it should work fine. Here is a link. https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=36795

If you need anymore help, just PM me.

- Brian
Old 10-13-2005, 12:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

Hey, so I'm bringing this post back to life because I need to know what the deal is with the Viper REmote start that we're getting installed. everything seems to be inorder and its all hooked up, (have already double checked all the wires) BUT, it seems that when we try to remote start it blows a fuse( ignition fuse under the hood) , it only does this when the second starter wire is hooked up through the relay but it is hooked up properly and outputing 12v anyway the car will start going through the process but wont crank and then it blows the fuse...and the car won't crank at all... any info or help would be a great help!
Old 10-14-2005, 03:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I am guessing you caught the wires near the fuse box... instead of the harness...
double check the igntition wires.. there are two there that are the same color... meter and find the right one...

good luck