Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Review: Eclipse5435 cd/mp3/dvd/navi AIO on tC

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 01:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I just got my Eclipse AVN-5435 $950. plus tax. I will have it put in when I do the rest of my system. I am pretty sure it does sat radio. I will do XM cause I already have an account. I will just have to buy the adapter.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got my Eclipse AVN-5435 $950. plus tax. I will have it put in when I do the rest of my system. I am pretty sure it does sat radio. I will do XM cause I already have an account. I will just have to buy the adapter.

:o Where did you get it for that price and by God please tell me I can get it there too.
Old 05-03-2005, 05:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Default AVN-5435

Originally Posted by TheBigGuyRy

:o Where did you get it for that price and by God please tell me I can get it there too.
Um well I picked up the phone and called one of my dealers. :D
Old 05-04-2005, 02:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Um well I picked up the phone and called one of my dealers.

Well uh... hook me up too? I'll buy lots of other stuff from you.
Old 05-04-2005, 04:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

What him said
Old 05-04-2005, 04:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

damn when i picked up my avn2454 i couldnt find a dealer in nor cal that would sell the unit for less than msrp! booo!!!!!! btw nice deck!
Old 05-06-2005, 05:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

I'm still waiting for my Eclipse to come in. I gues I can't complain.
Old 05-06-2005, 09:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

haha No, no you can't. not faaaaair

hey do you know how much your dealers charge regularly? I'm looking to get one of these but I refuse to pay more than 1500 MAX for one...... and I'd be feeling kind of sketch to buy something this delicate over eBay.
Old 05-06-2005, 06:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scionetics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TheBigGuyRy
haha No, no you can't. not faaaaair

hey do you know how much your dealers charge regularly? I'm looking to get one of these but I refuse to pay more than 1500 MAX for one...... and I'd be feeling kind of sketch to buy something this delicate over eBay.
Man, I'm not sure but I think dealer on it is like $1200.00. I'll ask someone what dealer is to be sure but I'll bet I'm not far off.
Old 05-11-2005, 04:42 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im thinking about getting the same set-up but just might get the AVX 2494 because it comes with 20 gb hdd and i can upgrade navigation for 300 more.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Can someone verify the correct harness and pin # / color for the reverse signal wire?

Also, what's the best way to tap the speed pulse sensor and reverse signal wires? Use a wire tap from Radio Shack? Is there any risk of damage to the ECU doing this stuff? Should a diode be used?

TIA
Old 05-16-2005, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nice set up im planning on getting one or the pioneer d1. how much does the eclipse avn retail for?
Old 05-20-2005, 05:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Re: Review: Eclipse5435 cd/mp3/dvd/navi AIO on tC

Originally Posted by ramen
The navi software. point of interest. There's no options to choose from categories. I mean, say if I want a fast food place, ideally I want to go under category restaurant, then category fast food, then choose individual places. But this unit, you HAVE TO start with a name. Only after you put in a name, then you can reduce the lists by choosing a category. I find this bothering me the most. How about other navigation systems? So what I do now is I put down one letter as a name, then go to category.
RAMEN... GREAT NEWS... I knew it had to have some kind of catagory search and I found it! The final result will be a list of whatever catagories you choose (up to 5). You can sort the list by distance from the location on the map screen, name, or catagory. You can then select the place you want and it will show it on the map, allowing you to mark it as a DEST.

To start, if you don't want to search for POIs where you are, scroll somewhere else on the map OR use DEST to go to another specific address or town.

Now:

1) Once you have the area you want to search on the map, touch MAP VIEW.

2) Touch POI ICON.

3) Now, I am sure you have been here before.. so go ahead and select the catagories of POIs you want displayed on the map.

4) Go back to the SHOW POI ICON screen if you aren't there anymore.

5) Just hit LOCAL POI LIST on that screen and you're done! You can now sort according to name, catagory, or distance.... distance being default and the most helpful in my opinion.

It sounds more difficult than it is. I know it's easy to over look this function and I agree that it's kind of misplaced. It works GREAT!
Old 05-25-2005, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know this is probably a dumb question, but what happens if you stick dvd into the cd drive? Does it show an error or just spit it back out? I just dont understand why they didnt make both drives play dvds instead of one for cd only...
Old 05-26-2005, 01:54 AM
LED
5 Year Member

I picked one up for $1500, uninstalled. Will be installing it tomorrow. Searched high and low for 2 weeks to get one cheaper, but couldnt. I don't think Eclipse deals with distributors, only authorized dealers/installers. I had to pay retail for it. $950 sounds impossible. Through searching I found the 5435 was about $1299 to dealers. Maybe I'm wrong though. A little less if anything. $1500 was a bargain to me.
Old 07-02-2005, 11:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ya Im digging up this thread again. I just recently Installed the 2494 into my tC and had a few questions. First off, can anyone give a definite answer if the speed is purple and reverse pink? I also just want to make sure what # the pink is, ive seen mixed answers.

After installing the eclipse unit plus running 4g wire from the battery to the hatch I noticed my check engine light is on! I have an inverter hooked into the 4g after it was split into 8g. Only thing other thing we did is run video cables from the hatch to the eclipse unit for my xbox. Anyone any have ideas about the check engine light? Im thinking about taking the car to the dealer next week and see if they can run it through their computer to let me know what problem its having. Btw, the tC is great for runing wires through and being able to hide them.
Old 09-01-2005, 07:49 PM
5 Year Member

I recently got a AVN5495 and I am getting ready to install it in my xB. Can somebody tell me where I can find the speed pulse wire in xB ? Does xB have same E5 connector as TC. If so, where is it located in xB ? Thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cyberguy
SO YOU got the 5495................. Details Details ............ Dying to hear how you like it and cost?

Come on? I'm saving my money up for it right now?

Come on cyberguy
Old 09-21-2005, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member

Default Music Videos

Do either 5435 or 5495 play music video files. What if I burned a bunch of music videos on CD-r, i'm guessin mpegs, would they play in the 5435 or 5495? Also, downloaded movies off of internet that are .avi or .mpeg files. WOuld they work on a burned cd?

Thanks
Old 09-21-2005, 01:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Default Re: Music Videos

Originally Posted by desimamo01
Do either 5435 or 5495 play music video files. What if I burned a bunch of music videos on CD-r, i'm guessin mpegs, would they play in the 5435 or 5495? Also, downloaded movies off of internet that are .avi or .mpeg files. WOuld they work on a burned cd?

Thanks
Music video files?? Not sure what ya mean...

The only thing that will play in the Eclipse units are DVDs. You would have to convert all those clips to a Video DVD (MPEG2). (Nero is pretty handy for this type a thing and VERY easy). Typical movies off of the internet are MPEG4 (in avi format). These also would need to be re-encoded to MPEG2 and put on a Video DVD in order to play.

As a previous owner of an AVN5435 this is as far as I'm aware. The AVN series aren't very "feature rich".

If you want native support for MPEG/MPEG2/VCD/JPEG/etc go with one of this year's model Kenwood. The only thing they lack is MPEG4 support (dag nabit!)

Quick Reply: Review: Eclipse5435 cd/mp3/dvd/navi AIO on tC