Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

rockford fosgate or ppi amps?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 10:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default rockford fosgate or ppi amps?

i have a yellow xb and i want my ride to sound tight and loud, dont want any rattling. i was recommended both the r/fosgate amp and the ppi amp, which would be the better amp?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

moved
Old 07-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Banned
SL Member

PPI is like eating a golden apple compared to rockford wich is like eating as crappy old rotted red apple with a worm get me? i used to work in a high end stereo store and installed equipment of the sort we never sold rockford because dont get me wrong its great and good and all but they are sold at cheaper stores like c/c and b/b if u want good go get ur ppi awesome all i can say is awesome imho i would not recommend r/f unless you are just doing a quick lil hookup and want to be cheap, like me im all alpine baby thats my one love
Old 07-20-2005, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if this was moved where was it moved to?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

so ppi it is, now let me ask you this, what about the jl subs as opposed to the rockford fosgate subs?
Old 07-20-2005, 10:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by hookupman
if this was moved where was it moved to?
ICE, Electrical and Interior
Old 07-20-2005, 10:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

well there was a rockford demo xb at a meet here in phx, he had 1 - 100 watt amp pushing 4 15 inch woofers. and it was bumping. it was a power T3002 wired @ 2 ohms. MAn it was tight.

I like rockford ( gotta support the local business in tempe)
Old 07-20-2005, 11:08 PM
Banned
SL Member

thats what most people install ppi and 3 jlw10 or something like that
Old 07-20-2005, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by CheCazzo
PPI is like eating a golden apple compared to rockford wich is like eating as crappy old rotted red apple with a worm get me? i used to work in a high end stereo store and installed equipment of the sort we never sold rockford because dont get me wrong its great and good and all but they are sold at cheaper stores like c/c and b/b if u want good go get ur ppi awesome all i can say is awesome imho i would not recommend r/f unless you are just doing a quick lil hookup and want to be cheap, like me im all alpine baby thats my one love
I wouldn't even suggest PPI anymore. True, they are better than R/F, but PPI hasn't really been PPi for the last 3-4 years. IIRC, PPI was bought out, and the quaily just has not been the same since.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i was thinking of getting 2x ppi dcx1500 amps and 3 w6v2 12' subs but i might buy my friends setup, everything but the 12"subs and the playstation all for $350, let me see if i can find a pic and send it to you, what is your email address?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

just post the pic on this site., in this thread. It'd be much easier.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by toastbox
I wouldn't even suggest PPI anymore. True, they are better than R/F, but PPI hasn't really been PPi for the last 3-4 years. IIRC, PPI was bought out, and the quaily just has not been the same since.
so what would you suggest then? i am going for the jl w6v2 12" subs !!!
Old 07-20-2005, 11:27 PM
Banned
SL Member

no ppi is ppi, they are strong i love them but i would recommend SOUNDSTREAM thats what i always loved before i started to use alpine, i like alpine only cause it lasts
Old 07-20-2005, 11:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

JL makes some *very* good amps. If youdon't want to spend thaty kind of money, edi makes great amps that very reasonable priced. Or try Memphis Audio.

Any of those three, you are going to have a very clean system.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

it will be loud and clear and none of that ratling noise right? i am new to this so any and all help would be great and much appreciated, thanks!
Old 07-20-2005, 11:34 PM
Banned
SL Member

look for a head unit if u dont have one get something with high wattage and no speaker inputs on 3 to 4 amp outputs and must be at least 4v pre-outs or more, then you get your 4 chan amp to match all door speakers then you can get a small two channel amp for two tweets that you should add, and counting on the style bass you want just go with one sub or if you like ground pounding which imho is ridicoulus go with 2 or more just go choose your style some bass is better than others but jls are very good and just pick your amps
Old 07-20-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well for the head unit i was thinking of getting the alpin iva-d310 that should work, shouldn't it?
Old 07-20-2005, 11:40 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

no ppi is ppi, they are strong i love them but i would recommend SOUNDSTREAM thats what i always loved before i started to use alpine, i like alpine only cause it lasts
Incorrect. The parent company of PPI used to be ADST, back around 99-2000. I know they ran into trouble, and they were bought out by Directed Electronics.
Anyhow...they definitely changed for the worse at that point. Stuff like the Pro line all disappeared: the famed PPI Pro 12's, the Pro 650 flagship amp, all gone. Also, the naming convention, and the look of the amps all changed from easy to comprehend numbers and a basic look, to some neo post modern crap that looks like it is made in a third world country.

The stuff prior to 99-2000 is *awesome*. the stuff after that, is mid grade *at best*.

If you don't believe me, check and see how many people have one SPL or even SQ events with PPI lately.
Old 07-20-2005, 11:42 PM
Banned
SL Member

whoa cuz i was talking about the company soundstream that is some high end quality stuff, to tell u the truth rockford was good like 6 years ago now its almost like kmart crap thats the end of this anything else he can listen to u just my .2 cents
Old 07-20-2005, 11:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by hookupman
it will be loud and clear and none of that ratling noise right? i am new to this so any and all help would be great and much appreciated, thanks!
Any of those three brands will be loud and clear. Compared to the PPI rockford stuff, it will be night and day difference.

As for rattles, that more depends on your car, and how well it was installed, more than the amps.

Quick Reply: rockford fosgate or ppi amps?