Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Scion Headquarters requesting owner feedback!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 03:47 PM
5 Year Member

Default Re: Scion Headquarters requesting owner feedback!!!!

Originally Posted by SCION_HQ
Hey everyone,
1) What manufacturer/brand of audio head unit do you have in your Scion, if you've replaced the factory head unit with an aftermarket unit?

2) Please let us know why you chose to change your factory unit? Or why you didn't select to go with the upgrade factory unit?

3) What manufacturer/brand of audio head unit would you select for your Scion, if different than above? Please let us know your first and second choices and why?
1) Still stock

2) I didn't go with the upgraded factory unit because $260 seemed like quite a premium when the only feature that appealed to me was iPod control... I hate to say it, but in the spirit of honest feedback... if the stock HU didn't have the AUX port already, I probably would have bought the upgraded HU.

3) In prior cars all my aftermarket stereos were sony units, and if I could have my pick, I'd pick sony.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by EXPERIENCE
Had the upgrade 5cd Scion unit, it sucked....Also just like all factory units you could not add amps to it, Why not spend a few xtra bucks for preouts? I am using a Clarion with 5 pre outs. When I buy the RS3 I hope i can have the option to have a hole in the dash and no speakers, so I don't have to throw them in their deserved place "the trash can"
Actually you can hook an amp and all that stuff to a factory unit. They sell the kits at Circuit City for about $20. I forget what they are called though. It hooks to your rear speakers. It sounds normal and is easy to do. If you really want to keep the stock unit its worth it. If you are going through the work of new speakers and an amp just buy the better radio though.

I almost forgot. I got all stock audio at the moment. But I will get speakers and radio in the future probably.
Old 11-01-2005, 09:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Scion Headquarters requesting owner feedback!!!!

Originally Posted by SCION_HQ
Hey everyone,

We here at Scion Headquarters, in the spirit of "Kaizen" or "continuous improvement", are seeking a little feedback from vehicle owners regarding the vehicle audio systems in the 3 models. If you would be so kind, please respond with your feedback to the following questions:

1) What manufacturer/brand of audio head unit do you have in your Scion, if you've replaced the factory head unit with an aftermarket unit?

2) Please let us know why you chose to change your factory unit? Or why you didn't select to go with the upgrade factory unit?

3) What manufacturer/brand of audio head unit would you select for your Scion, if different than above? Please let us know your first and second choices and why?

We appreciate your candid feedback and look forward to your responses.

Thanks in advance!!!!
1. Eclipse Brand HU

2. Wanted to build a high quality sound system. Stock HU had no RC outs nor built in crossovers.

3. Eclipse.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I still have the stock sound in both vehicles. I'd like to have a volume **** and a PAUSE BUTTON.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

If other models were available.. I would not think of them if they are made by Pioneer. Speaking from an owner of 3 pioneer car units (including this one), a friend of about 5 others who have owned pioneer car and home units and a gf who has had 2 pioneers in her cars as well as my father who owns a 100 disc changer at home... they are not worth it. EVERY one I mentioned above started having issues with loading or playing CDs within 2 years. Most of the above became completely useless shortly afterward. Mine in my tC sounds nice, but is the touchiest unit in the world when it comes to smudges and small scratches on discs. When I go aftermarket I will never consider Pioneer again for this car or any other. Just my .02 though.