Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Scion xB Wiring Colors

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2006, 06:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok here is a great question I just install my cold cathodes and sents I got rid of my rear wiper this is what I used as my switch for the CC.. (works great ). here is the prob. I wanted to use the lights when the car is off but I need the ignition switch on so I hunted the wires and I used the white w/blue stripe. as ground,and black w/2 silver dots as power...(as this is the only way it would work)this is w/ignition on. I cant figure out how to use the switch w/ignition off,I have tried just about everything. I hope someone has the knowledge out there to help...I love the switch because it is more factory and hidden and who would have known

Thank you Eddie
Old 08-03-2006, 05:50 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Radio Mute Button

Originally Posted by hobby8691
Has anyone re-wired their steering controls to include a mute button? I would like to have my mode button become my mute control. I know there must be a pin on the back of the radio that will provide a remote mute - anyone explored this?
Take look at the links in my posts https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=131494 .
That is a full wiring diagram for the 2006 xB iPod-ready stereo.

Changing the FUNCTION button to MUTE will not be a trivial task. As you can see, each button connect different resistor into the circuit. Unless there is undocumented resistor value which will activate the MUTE function, you'll have to do some serious rewiring.

But I think that the "clock spring" has few spare connectioons going up to the steering wheel.

So, you could cut the traces on the button circuit board, wire up the MUTE button through the "clock spring" and down to the radio. Then you would need to open up the radio and wire your new MUTE button in parallel with the radio's MUTE button.

Too much work IMO.
Old 04-18-2020, 08:11 PM

Default Where’s the diagram?

Lol
Originally Posted by scionlife
CREDITS: This article was written by a dedicated Scion Life member. Please let out Inazuma know if this article was helpful to you!

DISCLAER: Scionlife.com does not take any responsibility in what you do to your car. This FAQ could be filled with incorrect information. You could be voiding your warranty if not installed by a certified mechanic or dealership. It is quite possible that you can totally mess up your car by using this as a guide to install anything. This can result in serious bodily injury, death, dismemberment, sexually transmitted diseases and so forth to you and anybody else in case of an accident resulting from failure to take safety precautions and/or following the instructions in this write-up.

Preface:

I know a lot of you will want this precious info Its from a good source. I will be installing an alarm in the next few weeks and will be taking questions from anyone who needs help. Anyways, enjoy!

-- Inazuma
Scion XB Wiring Colors

NOTES:
*1 Meter these wires while turning the key in the driver door key cylinder. Unlock requires a double pulse. Can also use the passenger door key cylinder wire for unlock, which only requires a single pulse. It is blue/red (-) in the passenger kick in a 14 pin plug.
*2 Also found at the top of the fuse box in a 13 pin plug.
*3 The data link connector is below the fuse box. The tach wire is in pin 9.
*Administrator's Note: this Post is over 15 years old and the Original Diagram has long expired and no longer available.

____

Last edited by MR_LUV; 05-15-2020 at 12:55 PM. Reason: Added Administrator's Note
Old 05-15-2020, 12:25 PM
SL Member

Originally Posted by hobby8691
Has anyone re-wired their steering controls to include a mute button? I would like to have my mode button become my mute control. I know there must be a pin on the back of the radio that will provide a remote mute - anyone explored this?
Doesn't holding the mode button until it powers off stereo = mute or hold vol dwn until silence happens? You got 2 easy options already there......or just reach out and touch mute on the stereo.