Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

seat cover

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 12:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default seat cover

does anyone have an idea on the measurements on the seat cover for the tc? im planning to have a seat cover custom made back in the philippines but they need to know the measurements for the seat...
Old 06-09-2005, 03:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i dont know the measurements but knew someone who had a set for his camry made in the philippines and you can hardly tell they were seat covers. Make sure you get pics!!
Old 06-09-2005, 05:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

its very cheap to have a seat cover made there and the quality is decent...
Old 06-09-2005, 08:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Does anyone have any recommendations for places that do custom seat covers in the US?

I just checked out ebay, and they have single tone seat covers for $120 for two front bucket seats.

Anyone know of anyplace better? I'd like to do something fancier then just a single tone seat cover.
Old 06-09-2005, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if only we could have the measurements of the seats we could ask my friend in the philippines to makes us a custom one...
Old 07-08-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I'm contemplating buying some neoprene seat covers from wetokole or the pleather seat covers from Coverking.

Anyone have any feedback on either material? Does the pleather (a vinyl product that looks and feels like leather) suck? Does it feel sticky? Does it get really hot in the summer?

How about the neoprene? Anyone know any pros or cons. I think someone somwhere said they had wet okole neoprene seat covers but I can't find the thread. It was a long time ago apparantly.

I like the custom seat covers because they look like you've re-upholstered the car. The "universal" seat covers just look too lumpy for me.

Ed
Old 07-10-2005, 03:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by etli

How about the neoprene? Anyone know any pros or cons. I think someone somwhere said they had wet okole neoprene seat covers but I can't find the thread. It was a long time ago apparantly.
Ed
Use the search - there are a few threads about Wet Okole and pics from people who installed them.

I just ordered a pair of fronts from Wet Okole. I wavered a little bit because they are kinda pricey ($245 shipped), but all the pics I've seen look good, and my tC fronts are taking a beating from rain runoff dripping through the front windows directly onto the seats (annoying). I figure the neoprene will be much easier to clean. I also often get muddy while mountain biking, so hopefully with the Wet Okole I won't always have to be laying towels down to sit in the car.

I guess it will take a couple of weeks for the covers to get to me. I'll post pics after I install them and write up a short review.