Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Sidemarkers?

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2004, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

That's cool...my first vehicle when I started driving was a used white '91 short bed chevy. I really liked that truck. It had some serious potential, too...unfortunately it was short lived. Anyways...

If you enjoy customizing your ride then that's another thing about the xb you're bound to love...the possibilities are endless!
Old 04-13-2004, 06:36 PM
5 Year Member

I really like the look that they have b/c they are so highly unusual from the norm, the billet grille for the front end looks great and after looking at the bluebatmobile.com's kits for the sidemarkers and tailights, i think I will be able cope with the tails and side markers as well! I will truly miss my suburban but burning through 50 bucks a week in gas without breaking a sweat really puts hender on any extracurricular activities I want to do...
Old 04-13-2004, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Suburban, eh? Cool...do you have any pics to post?
What all had you done to it?
Old 04-13-2004, 07:16 PM
5 Year Member

well...the one I am in now is stock....the first one I had was slammed to all get out...then I got my nissan and bagged it... no pics of the burb...too ashamed to post them anyway!!
Old 04-13-2004, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Originally Posted by Dirty
JEEBUS, you guys are totally misinterpreting what I have said and yet nobody has answered the original question I had asked, whether the car was available without the lights....thanx for the help. It is one thing on the whole car that I personally do not like and you replied with a sarcastic remark? wow....
"Today was brought to you by the word 'Standard.'"
Old 04-13-2004, 11:55 PM
5 Year Member

take em out weld up the hole a lil bondo primer and paint and noone will ever know they were there.

i'd think it would be abought 600.00 includeing materials
Old 04-14-2004, 12:33 PM
5 Year Member

I could get it done for way less than that but I am trying to stay away from doing extenxive mods to my new vehicle....this was supposed to be a retreat from building cars/trucks.....____ here i go again...
Old 04-14-2004, 02:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have been building minitrucks and fullsizes for years....I have owned alot of low trucks including a fully bagged nissan frontier with a few other mods.... now with gas prices rising and my waning interest in the bagged truck scene this looked like an excellent compromise between the two, tons of room, which I love, options, which I have missed, and a great price without sacrificing style or getting bagged on for driving a re-designed geo metro(chevy aveo)...
It's not redesigned - the Aveo is a Daewoo vehicle built on a new platform. The Metro was built by Suzuki.

Just a little FYI.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

THen don't buy the car. They're standard and if you're THAT picky about your ride you're not going to like this car. This car has many quirks, if you can't embrace them than you just don't GET it. There are also working sidemarker lights on the rear fender.

But, it's surprising to me becuase sidemarkers are on like 80% of the cars out there now and they're becoming more and more common.Within 10 years you'll see them on all cars and in all likelihood signal lights on side mirrors as well.
Old 04-14-2004, 03:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Last time I checked, I couldn't see the side markers at all from my normal position inside the vehicle.

If they really annoy you I suppose that a body shop could remove them and fill the hole.

While they are at it, have them take off that right hand taillight! After all, cars got along with one taillight for years!
Old 04-14-2004, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by George
Last time I checked, I couldn't see the side markers at all from my normal position inside the vehicle.

If they really annoy you I suppose that a body shop could remove them and fill the hole.

While they are at it, have them take off that right hand taillight! After all, cars got along with one taillight for years! :)
Also--don't forget to have them remove the passenger side mirror...why have a mirror to look at when all you have to do is turn your head?

Weight reduction = good.
Old 04-16-2004, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member

SWEET CHRIST ALREADY I am sooooooo sorry that i got some of you people all butthurt about not liking the sidemarkers....Like I said before and will reiterate once again since it seems as though half of you lack reading comprehension skills beyond that of a second grader that it was a very small insignificant thing about the car that I did not like, overall I was very pleased with it and while maybe written a little poorly or overly sarcastic the entire original intent of this post, while long forgotten, was only to find out whether or not they were available without them. I really hope that this clears things up and ends this post...where on earth is a moderator....
Old 04-17-2004, 01:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

ok step away from the computer...I believe all of these posts are all pretty sarcastic...someone just needs to chill out....

But honnestly can someone do some math and find out how much weight I could save without the passenger mirror?

~WC
Old 04-17-2004, 03:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Will C
ok step away from the computer...I believe all of these posts are all pretty sarcastic...someone just needs to chill out....

But honnestly can someone do some math and find out how much weight I could save without the passenger mirror?

~WC
If you remove, be sure to take out the Driver's side rear floormat to maintain weight balance...
Old 04-17-2004, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Will C

~WC
It's not the weight, it's the aerodynamic drag reduction!

George
Old 04-17-2004, 05:32 AM

SWEET CHRIST ALREADY ...where on earth is a moderator....
He's on the road avoiding a traffic accident by signaling with his side marker!

Old 04-17-2004, 09:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Stylis
SWEET CHRIST ALREADY ...where on earth is a moderator....
He's on the road avoiding a traffic accident by signaling with his side marker!
LMAO HAHAHAHA!!!