Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Stereo Display Suddenly Stops Changing Colors!

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2009, 05:12 PM

Default Stereo Display Suddenly Stops Changing Colors!

Hey all, sorry if this is posted elsewhere but I've searched to no avail.

I have a 04 xB with the 6-disc pioneer head unit. I recently added an aux port (using a harness i got from toyota, but can't remember the part #) and found it worked like a charm.

however, now all of a sudden the colors don't change on the display like they used to. It's a minor detail, but is driving me crazy. Could I have messed something up while added that aux? I am a novice, but I am quite sure I didn't modify anything else besides plugging harness into the rear of the unit.

Any advice is appreciated!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

the harness has nothing to do with the color change... i have been using the aux harness since 04, and my colors cycle fine ( i don't let the colors cycle often though, i keep mine on tangerine). is it possible that you hit the color cycle button by accident and took it out of 10 color cycle mode?
you can always pull out the head unit, unlug the aux harness and see if that corrects your problem, but i seriously doubt that would have anything to do with it..
question.... do the colors all cycle thought if you try to manually cycle to each color? or do they just not work in 10 color cycle mode?

also if i remember correctly, there are 2 plugs on the harness that can be plugged into the head unit, but only 1 plug need be plugged in and i think it was the smaller of the 2 that gets plugged into the aux/cd changer port..
perhaps you plugged in both plugs? if so, try removing 1...
Old 03-25-2009, 05:47 PM

Thanks for your reply. I didn't word that properly-- what I should have said was, it no longer has ANY color. Just a blah, sort of amber color. The other colors don't work-- either in selected or cycle mode. When I press the color button, it will display "lithium" or "cobalt" etc. but the color remains the same (and it is uhhh-GLY, let me tell you.)

Yeah, I only connected the one plug. The other I just stashed in the back. I'm seriously just starting to feel crazy... hahaha
Old 03-25-2009, 05:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

hmmmm.... i would try (just for kicks) to pull the aux plug, and see if the colors magically appear.. doubtfull that would help, but if so that would tell me that there is a short somewhere... it is more likely that there is something internally wrong with the led's inside the headunit