Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Stock head unit

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2004, 05:35 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Stock head unit

Does the stock head unit have audio input jacks? I know there's no tape player, so you can't just use one of those cheap little tape adapters. I keep all of my music on an mp3 Jukebox, and it would be a pain if I had to switch it all over to CD's... are there RCA inputs, so I can just jack it right in?
Old 08-17-2004, 05:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

tC has the same HU as other Scions, and the topic of inputs was discussed a billion and one times.

No RCA inputs, but there are ways to get the singal into the unit and it's not just FM modulator. Search helps.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:09 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well there is a way to get an input into the radio (scion tC, xA, xB).. it's a digital interface by PIE.. i think it's www.pie.net here's the link http://www.pie.net/aux_toyota.htm

you hook it up and then piggyback the factory harness.. it then accepts rca plugs.. you hit cd twice and it goes to the input.. pretty cool, eh? i think it's about $60 or so.. you can contact the company through their website for more info.. i also think scosche makes some.. but the pie looked better to me..

so yes it is an option..
Old 08-17-2004, 08:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Talk about a post where a search would have worked!!!

This one has been discussed a zillion times. Do a SEARCH

Kevin
Old 08-17-2004, 08:33 PM
fry
5 Year Member

Since we're on the topic of the head unit, why the hell didn't pioneer put a pause button on the cd player?
Old 08-17-2004, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fry
Since we're on the topic of the head unit, why the hell didn't pioneer put a pause button on the cd player?
Agree. Would have been nice. I do like the MUTE feature. Also wish the volume controls would have LESS numbers to increment sound. Like going from 1 to 5 on other systems is now like 5 to 45. I don't really need such slight increments.

Kevin
Old 08-18-2004, 03:14 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by sciontc_mich
well there is a way to get an input into the radio (scion tC, xA, xB).. it's a digital interface by PIE.. i think it's www.pie.net here's the link http://www.pie.net/aux_toyota.htm

you hook it up and then piggyback the factory harness.. it then accepts rca plugs.. you hit cd twice and it goes to the input.. pretty cool, eh? i think it's about $60 or so.. you can contact the company through their website for more info.. i also think scosche makes some.. but the pie looked better to me..

so yes it is an option..
Just wondering, does this work with the $0 headunit... the lowest of the optional ones? Thanks... and about the mute button in another post... theres no need since the cd player resumes between turning it on and off
Old 08-19-2004, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SpdLmtNA
Originally Posted by sciontc_mich

so yes it is an option..
Just wondering, does this work with the $0 headunit... the lowest of the optional ones? Thanks... and about the mute button in another post... theres no need since the cd player resumes between turning it on and off
yes it does work.. i contacted pie.net and they said that any of the scion units will do this.. once the unit is installed.. push cd twice and the input will work.. you can also go to their website and contact them
Old 10-28-2004, 04:11 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

so once you hook up the pie interface, do you have a cable hanging out of your stereo panel that you plug into your mp3 player? anyone done this and taken pics?
Old 10-29-2004, 09:29 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im sure you just route the RCA to headphone jack to where ever you want your MP3/Aux-In to be. Like Glove box, or out the bottom of the dash to put it in the center console or whever.
Old 10-29-2004, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fry
just hit mute, im pretty sure it also pauses the cd
Old 10-29-2004, 10:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

mute doesn't pause... and that unit from pie will only work on the single disc player unless they have made one for 6 disc changer now.