Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

sub/amp/bass-blocker install

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2004, 07:02 PM
5 Year Member

Default sub/amp/bass-blocker install

Sorry if this stuf has been posted before, but this site is so huge that finding what you need via the search method is very frustrating. I am not satisfied with the bass output of the stock audio setup and will be adding an amp, sub, and some bass blockers for the main seakers. I have everything from my previous vehicle that I ripped out. I was curious if there was a walk-through for taking out the radio and the panels which cover the speakers. I don't want to just jump into this and ruin something. Also, has anyone found the tC hard to work on and maybe suggests going to a B.Buy or a C.City or a Tweeter for the install? Thanks for the input everyone.
Old 10-02-2004, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know enough to do it myself, and do a good job...

But I always have a proffessional business do it...that way, when something breaks, I have the warranty cover it, and get it fixed for free...

:D
Old 10-02-2004, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I did a write up on the front door speakers. Check the Tech section and look for tC door removal. This car has been very easy to work with for the most part. Panels come off very easily. Only problems might arise fomr some people cause the front speakers are riveted in. I just put new CDT Components in the front with some MDF spacers and some DEI Components in the rear again with MDF spacers and it sounds good. I forgot to mention reason I made MDF Spacers is because the speakers are mounted on plastic speaker plates in a tirangle like pattern. I will get some pics of the new speakers this weekend if anyone cares.
Old 10-02-2004, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Front Speakers:
https://www.scionlife.com/forums/vie...hlight=speaker

Rear Speakers:
Old 10-02-2004, 03:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

scions aren't the easiest cars to work on... but if you have even a little bit of mechanical skills then it shouldn't be too bad... if all else fails bring it to a pro...
Old 10-02-2004, 08:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ChefRaekwon
I did a write up on the front door speakers. Check the Tech section and look for tC door removal. This car has been very easy to work with for the most part. Panels come off very easily. Only problems might arise fomr some people cause the front speakers are riveted in. I just put new CDT Components in the front with some MDF spacers and some DEI Components in the rear again with MDF spacers and it sounds good. I forgot to mention reason I made MDF Spacers is because the speakers are mounted on plastic speaker plates in a tirangle like pattern. I will get some pics of the new speakers this weekend if anyone cares.
Yeah, I'd like to see that. I made some MDF panels for my MX-3 so I could mount MB Quart mid-bass and mids in the factory opening. You can see the whole install here.
Old 10-06-2004, 06:02 AM
5 Year Member

Thanks everyone, I'll get it all wired when I get another day off.