Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

For those of you that have the Bazooka Subwoofer...

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 07:18 AM
5 Year Member

Default For those of you that have the Bazooka Subwoofer...

I know that there's been many threads on this but I couldn't quite find what I was looking for.

Anyway, for those of you that have it, I was wondering if you found it to be adequate. I'm not really intertested in earth shaking bass, but I do like a little bump. The thing that is most important to me is sound quality, is it clear? And are people driving by me going to be saying "Man, that's a weak system." I'm definitely not obsessed with having the perfect audio system, but I do want a solid bump with clear sound, I also really like th encasing of the subwoofer, is the subwoofer right for me?
Old 07-16-2005, 07:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

in comparison i would say it hits like a good computer sub. Good beat when inside your car. Pretty silent outside your car with windows up. No rattles.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:08 PM
5 Year Member

Default I'd like 2

I'd like to hear more about it too. Due to location and whether the sound is good with it. Also...how easy is it to or can the stock system have an amp added to it? With or w/o the sub? Can the stock speakers take it? I have only kept a stock system in one car..my BMW Z3 and I am NOT happy with it...it has 10 speakers, a subwoofer, etc. but it is NOT clear sound, the antenna is horrible and a few other problems.

All other cars I've usually put in a whole new stereo with amp, new speakers, etc. But I'd actually like to have a decent system without having to do that. Seems about the only good thing being posted about the new Mustangs is the stereo system LOL.
Old 07-16-2005, 12:46 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think it sounds good. For what you're looking for it would be fine. It also has alot to do with the kind of music you listen to. But quality wise it's a good sub set up.
Old 07-18-2005, 08:50 PM
5 Year Member

I love my factory sound. To me, it's very clear. I could careless if it is loud from the outside or not. All it matter if it is clear inside to me because I'm the one who is listening to it. I have a lot of my friends including some that has a TC complement on my sound because the Bazooka does make a big differents. I sat in my friend's TC without a bazooka and I realize what they were missing.
Old 08-14-2005, 09:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One
SL Member

If you don't want earth shaking (and hatch rattling) bass, than it's a good choice. I had my tC about 2 weeks before my sub showed up at the dealership. It sounds MUCH better with the sub.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

i have to agree. its a good system for stock with the subwoofer. and i also could care less if it was loud from the outside or not.

i have no problems with it, its loud and clear for me. i listen to many types of music and each song sounds nice. i have been told that it sounds like im "jammin" in there from the outside with everything closed,
and if the door/windows are open its loud enough for my brother to get annoyed while he is working in the car in front of me
Old 08-15-2005, 03:59 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

cant wait to order one for my tc.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:21 AM
5 Year Member

It's been two months since I installed mine and nice clean crisp bass. You cant go wrong with it for what your looking for. My brother has a Matrix XRS and installed a single 12" audioban sub with a 1000 watt amp and while the volume is at a reasonable level my sub sounds very similar, but then he turns it up and blows my sounds out of the water.
Old 08-15-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

^lol

yea, i hear we dont have much when the volume turns up, 40-46 is loud enough for me, but imo, if you need it louder then you need to think of something other than a car!
Old 08-15-2005, 05:01 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've got my eye on the self-amplified Basslink II from Infinity:
http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.aspx?ProdId='BASSLINK+II'&Ser=BSL&Cat=PSU

I really like the enclosure of the Bazooka though. For the money though, you're best spending it elsewhere IMO.
Old 08-15-2005, 03:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

As others have said, it is good for a factory setup. You won't be entering any competitions with it, but it's good enough. I do occasionally have people in the back seat ask me to turn the bass down.
Old 08-15-2005, 05:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

All i know is dont buy the bazooka sub from your parts store its wayyyyy over priced, my toyota parts guy even said so, just to to ebay or best buy or some audio store and get some good speakers or a system
Old 08-15-2005, 06:53 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, but if you think you're not only getting a good sub, but a pretty awesome custom box that fits inside the right side of the cargo area behind the wheel well (sticks out a bit from the edge of the opening) instead of having a huge box in the middle of the "trunk" that you have to remove every time you need to haul something, it's a pretty good price - unless you can build a box like that yourself, and even then after materials and labor - i would say it comes out even.

and it sounds awesome. it's not for you if you're looking for the "rattle and buzz" outside, but i want it for me, inside the car. i could care less about how it sounds outside.

i must mention i got the upgraded door speakers and the amp as well. some might think i spent too much, but it was better to finance it with the car, and i didn't want to do all kinds of work to the car as soon as i got it. i wanted to get it and be extremely happy with what i got, and i am.
Old 08-15-2005, 08:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by vynsane
...unless you can build a box like that yourself...
Someone on this site fabricated a custom fit fiberglass box in the same space. I don't remember who it was. I'll see if I can find the thread.
Old 08-16-2005, 01:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah, but if you think you're not only getting a good sub, but a pretty awesome custom box that fits inside the right side of the cargo area behind the wheel well (sticks out a bit from the edge of the opening) instead of having a huge box in the middle of the "trunk" that you have to remove every time you need to haul something, it's a pretty good price - unless you can build a box like that yourself, and even then after materials and labor - i would say it comes out even.

and it sounds awesome. it's not for you if you're looking for the "rattle and buzz" outside, but i want it for me, inside the car. i could care less about how it sounds outside.

i must mention i got the upgraded door speakers and the amp as well. some might think i spent too much, but it was better to finance it with the car, and i didn't want to do all kinds of work to the car as soon as i got it. i wanted to get it and be extremely happy with what i got, and i am.
what comes with the upgraded speakers and amp? Better sound quality? What size amp? What are the upgraded speakers?
Old 08-16-2005, 10:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

moved...
Old 08-17-2005, 03:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ok so does the Bazooka improve the overall quality of the sound or is it only good for bass-heavy music?
Old 08-17-2005, 08:51 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by cnguyen1976
I could careless if it is loud from the outside or not.
i could care less about how it sounds outside.
The phrase is "I couldn't care less." not "I could care less." If you can care less, you obviously do care somewhat. If you could not care any less, you absolutely do not care at all.

Anyway, I got mine through Toyota because when financing, it's only a couple extra dollars per month. I don't really want to pay one big payment all at once for something that may be a little cheaper.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:21 PM
5 Year Member

Default bazooka sub

i have a rockford bd 1500 (mono) amp lying around ..is it possible to connect it to all my speakers and sub so itll sound better??

also i heard you can customize how the sub sounds by the head unit by switching the modes
from Tc, Xc or Xb.... anyone .. thank you

Quick Reply: For those of you that have the Bazooka Subwoofer...