Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

For those of you that have the Bazooka Subwoofer...

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 03:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: bazooka sub

Originally Posted by kRosano
i have a rockford bd 1500 (mono) amp lying around ..is it possible to connect it to all my speakers and sub so itll sound better??

also i heard you can customize how the sub sounds by the head unit by switching the modes
from Tc, Xc or Xb.... anyone .. thank you
no way to hook up that amp to your stock speakers.....it's only one channel...and it's 1500 watts which would blow almost any stock speaker or subwoofer....
Old 08-24-2005, 08:40 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by DTRUONG_112
what comes with the upgraded speakers and amp? Better sound quality? What size amp? What are the upgraded speakers?
from my one test-drive with the stereo on, yes it is better sound quality with the upgrades. the amp is only 100 watts, but it's enough for me. it's mounted underneath the driver's seat.

i'm ashamed to say i don't even know the specs of the upgraded speakers, i just figured if i was going to get the sub and amp, i might as well get all three pieces and have them figured into the financing.

with that said, my mirrors shake on bass hits. can't be all that wimpy to do that! i also have pretty clear sound during highway driving with the windows down and the sunroof open. it's not useless to have the stereo on with the glass open like in other cars i've been in...
Old 08-24-2005, 08:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^^ the only thing upgraded in the tC is the bazooka sub....there isn't an external amp, the amp's built into the sub enclosure.....it's ok for stock...

the speakers are the same no matter what....Pioneers...
Old 08-24-2005, 10:02 PM
5 Year Member

I do have a question for you fellas if any of ya'll know it.

How easy is it to take the Bazooka out from a TC? Could you show me the detail of how if it is easy?

The reason why is that I want to change some of the light bulbs in the back light, and of course I can't because the Bazooka is in the way. I notice that it rock back and forth a bit so that mean something is holding it. I don't want to do it wrong and then reget what I did. Any help would be nice. Thanks
Old 08-24-2005, 10:08 PM
LED
5 Year Member

The basslink fits out of the way, not as out of the way as factory, but you're not losing much trunk space. It's way cheaper, and sounds a bit better. No brainer IMO. Basslink II has more power than the original basslink, so perhaps it sounds way better than bazooka. Definitely more thoughtful, efficient design with the infinity.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:28 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by SCI_TC_GUY
^^^ the only thing upgraded in the tC is the bazooka sub....there isn't an external amp, the amp's built into the sub enclosure.....it's ok for stock...

uh, no. go to

http://www.scion.com/scionConfigApp/...tination=index

and build your own, and look at the features under "sound". you can buy a door speaker upgrade with the 100 watt amp without getting the sub. therefore the amp isn't in the sub enclosure, otherwise you could only get the amp with the sub.

anyway, i've got an amp under my seat that i didn't put there, so you're wrong. twice.
Old 08-25-2005, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

personaly i dont like the bazoka sub because it dose not hit hard enuf for me and it git destorted when i turned it uo but i have only heard the 8" in a matrix a a few years ago so i could be wronge
Old 08-25-2005, 01:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

*up
Old 08-25-2005, 03:24 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member

I think the tC sub is great. It sounds good AND with the custom enclosure that tucks it into the side of the trunk. gotta admit thats pretty good.

wow, some spellcheck is good
Old 08-25-2005, 05:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by vynsane
Originally Posted by SCI_TC_GUY

uh, no. go to

http://www.scion.com/scionConfigApp/...tination=index

and build your own, and look at the features under "sound". you can buy a door speaker upgrade with the 100 watt amp without getting the sub. therefore the amp isn't in the sub enclosure, otherwise you could only get the amp with the sub.

anyway, i've got an amp under my seat that i didn't put there, so you're wrong. twice.
I think it may have to do with where you are located because I see the same speaker upgrade option and I'm in Chapel Hill NC. However, there was no such option listed when I was a Scion Manager up in OH, nor is their a speaker upgrade on Scion's accessory pages. I'm guessing it is something that Southeast Toyota offers so you're both right.
Old 08-25-2005, 12:45 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by lowrightor
I think it may have to do with where you are located because I see the same speaker upgrade option and I'm in Chapel Hill NC. However, there was no such option listed when I was a Scion Manager up in OH, nor is their a speaker upgrade on Scion's accessory pages. I'm guessing it is something that Southeast Toyota offers so you're both right.
i was thinking that was a possibility, as well... hell, the dealership i went to still has '05 6 disc changers available!
Old 08-25-2005, 03:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by cnguyen1976
I do have a question for you fellas if any of ya'll know it.

How easy is it to take the Bazooka out from a TC? Could you show me the detail of how if it is easy?
1. Using a flat screwdriver, carefully pry around the edges of the speaker grill just enough to coax it out a little bit. DO NOT bend the sides of the grill.
2. Slowly work the grill out of the enclosure.
3. With the grill out, remove 10 Phillips Head Screws from around the circumference of the speaker. BE CAREFUL NOT to damage the speaker with your drill or screwdriver.
4. Remove and unplug the speaker.
5. Remove two nuts from bolts protruding from the back of the enclosure. (One is kind of hard to reach off in the back of the left side of the enclosure.) BE CAREFUL NOT to hit the amp with your tools.
6. Disconnect the wires running through the back of the unit to the amp.
7. Pull the enclosure straight out (towards the driver's side of the car).
8. Installation is the reverse of removal.

IMO, the hardest part is removing the grill without damaging it. The rest is easy.