Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Toyota Steering Wheel Sticker

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 03:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Toyota Steering Wheel Sticker

well, i'm trying to get a thick sticker made to cover up the scion emblem on our steering wheel and change it to toyota. what i'm wondering is if anyone else on here would be interested in this product. i know i don't necessarily want to get rid of my steering wheel and think others out there might feel the same. please post up if you're interested.
Old 11-07-2006, 11:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

someone has to be interested. aren't you tired of that scion emblem? especially if you have bb badges or ist grills and toyota emblems, this is a cheap way to get rid of the scion logo. someone help me out here!
Old 11-08-2006, 11:36 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I'd be in, but I wouldn't want a cover - I'd want something to fill in where the Scion logo was after removing the log altogether. Keep us posted - maybe a shot of the item in question?
Old 11-08-2006, 12:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

You're messing with the air bag in the steering wheel when you do that. Better think about that!
Old 11-08-2006, 12:17 PM
5 Year Member

SL Member

Why would you want to remove the SCION emblem for a Toyota emblem? That makes as much sense as puting a lexus emblem on your car.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YNPaul
Why would you want to remove the SCION emblem for a Toyota emblem? That makes as much sense as puting a lexus emblem on your car.
not really since there's already Toyota emblems on your Scion...look under the hood. Toyota/Scion is one in the same. In Japan, there's no such thing as a Scion.

but anyways...I would love to get a Toyota emblem on the steering wheel in place of the Scion as well. I don't know if it's possible though...it's pretty "in there"
Old 11-08-2006, 03:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i know what you mean, but my idea was to have a pretty thick sticker made to cover it all up, not really like a vinyl overlay or something along those lines. again, i can't put up pics because i don't have a prototype or anything like that, but i'd like to show some of the site sponsors that there is a market for this. and considering what i think it would take to make this happen, i doubt it would take a major financial investment from the manufacturer so the price would be a lot more reasonable than swapping out the steering wheel. besides, i like the factory steering wheel, i just can't stand the scion emblem.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:55 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by YNPaul
Are you not connected to what is going on? Dude, a lot of us run Toyota badges on our Scions. It (for me) is representing the car in Japan - kinda a back to it's roots type of deal. It is a Toyota, afterall. Hell, every window and every marking on the car says Toyota.

Stay lame...

Also, as far as the air bag deal, is it just a cover? In other words, doesn't it come off so you could handle it, etc? My idea was to remove the Scion logo, find a Toyota steering wheel logo that would fit in the area and replace it. I'd have to use a Dremel to grind down the raised areas that come up through the Scion logo, but if it is actually all one piece with teh air bag assembly, I wouldn't try that....
Old 11-12-2006, 12:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

if you want to go JDM why dont you buy the JDM steering wheel, thats what i plan on doing
Old 11-12-2006, 12:48 AM
jct
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

you'd have to replace the airbag with a toyota ist one