Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Troubleshooting OEM Illumination Switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 03:29 AM

Default Troubleshooting OEM Illumination Switch

Hi,

I've read the installation manual over and over for the oem illumination kit and gone through about 4 pages of search result on illumination [kits].

I have a 06 xb that has the OEM illumination and cup holder leds installed. The illumination has not worked since I purchased the car.

I've checked the cig lighter fuse, and confirmed the cig lighter works. I've checked the 2amp fuse under the shifter in the illumination kit wire harness and the fuse is fine. I've checked the T-connectors under the center console to make sure they are securely connected to the cig lighter harness.

I have directly connected power to the cathodes and they light up. All that is left that I cannot confirm is the switch.

Does anyone know what the resistance or readings I should get from the three terminals on the switch with a dmm? Or if that's too technical does anyone know what the functions of the three wires (red, white, and black) going into the switch are for? Maybe I can replace it with another switch (undesirable) or bypass it all together.

Thanks in advance! Great forum!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Not sure what the switch looks like, if it's the round one with a little led, then if you look from the side with the led on top, the top terminal ( opposite to led) is ground. The middle terminal is switched positive power and the bottom one is to the power source (battery + or ignition on)