Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Trying to finish up my system.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 06:01 AM
5 Year Member

Default Trying to finish up my system.

Well I finally got my sub, enclosure, and amp. I'm running a Pioneer deck with stock speaker and a single kicker 12" woofer powered by an 800W 2 channel Nitro amp. I have a really nice sound with this set up alone, but I want to get more sound out of the door and rear speakers. I figure installing component speakers with a 4 channel amp would probably be the best way to go. Can anyone suggest a good speaker/ amp package that gives alot of bang for the buck. I know every line has a consumer and a competition line that they carry. I'm probably looking to stay somewhere in the middle.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Tone
Old 03-09-2006, 07:02 AM
Banned

I have a set i got from http://www.dlsamerica.com/
They're awesome. I got the UP35 - 3-way system they're being installed at a local shop as we speak. I heard them in another vehicle and was floored by how good they sounded.
Old 03-09-2006, 07:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Echo
SL Member

You get what you pay for in car audio. So dont cheap out here. I would go w/ an alpine v series 4channel and then depending on how much you want to spend, look at midgrade mbquarts, boston acoustic or diamonds. Thats just my personal preferance. I run the high end diamond components all around in my car along w/ 2 12" diamond subs and love the SQ.
Old 03-09-2006, 12:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think this is the age old question on here of what is best to buy and your gonna get a million and one different opinions on the subject. I always recomened name brand (kicker, Mtx, Boston, Mbquarts, infinity, polk, etc) like stated above you get what you pay for. But it all comes down to money and how you think these speakers and amps sound to you, go to some shops or retail locations and give these items a listen to, dont get me wrong they will not sound exactly the same in your vehicle as they do on a wall, but you can get a general idea of what they sound like. Please dont go and just drop your money on what people recomened, do what you think sounds good to you and your wallet, Good luck.
Old 03-09-2006, 02:54 PM

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I saw this Hifonics 4 ch amp in another thread that i was rather impressed with for the price:

http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?...roduct_ID=3397
Old 03-09-2006, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Some good compnent brands:
JL Audio
Elemental Design CLICK HERE
Boston
MBQ
CDT Audio (excellent comps!!)
Focal
Diamond Audio
DLS's are good but a little $$$$
there are others... just shop around and ask questions...

in all reality, your best bet would be to listen to as many comp sets as you can and decide what you like
Old 03-09-2006, 05:25 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks alot for the input guys, this is exactly what I was looking for. I just got into the car audio scene so I was basically looking for the best names in the game right now. I'm liking the sound of the Boston's and the Polks...haven't really heard the Diamonds yet though.

My next question is, if I only replace the front door speakers will this enhance my sound or should I replace all of the factory speakers?
Old 03-09-2006, 05:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Personally, I like to only be able to hear the fronts... my rear speakers are stock ran off the HU, I don't even hear them at all... reason being, CD's, radio, mp3's etc. are all "stereo" recordings(2 channels)...which means for more true, accurate reproduction, you only need 2 channels, front left and front right (for this, amplify a front component set, leave rears stock on the HU and fade them out)...some people don't like that sound, some want a little ambient effect from the rear to give it more of a "surround sound" type feel(for this, amplify a front component set and run equivalevt coaxials off the deck in the rear)...other people want to hear everything from all around them (amplified components up front and equivalent coax's amplified in the rear)
Old 03-09-2006, 06:52 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team Echo
SL Member

The fronts will be noticed the most. The rears are there more for rear fill sound. If you're going for a high sq audio system though, its a good idea to switch them all out. If you havent heard focals or diamonds, you should find a local place that carries them and check them out. You can find some great deals on those speakers online at a few websites and not have to pay the huge markup
Old 03-09-2006, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ if you're going for complete SQ, as in competition, you'd be better off having no rear speakers at all... SQ means reproducing the exact recording the way the producer/recording artist/sound engineer intended... so unless they've recorded it in more than 2 channel(stereo), there's no use in the rears at all
Old 03-10-2006, 03:09 AM
Banned

I got the DLS set because I wanted a bad ___ front stage setup to match my subwoofer setup. I can say I'm very pleased at how they sound judging by the demo car i heard them in and for the price its excellent.