Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Upholstering the roof

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2006, 10:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^^ thats freggin awsome whare did you get that fabric?? how much was i???
Old 09-30-2006, 11:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by lppro-xb

Thx for the compliment:

Here is the info for the shop I purchased it from...Phoenix Trim & Supply Company and is located at 2359 n. 33rd Ave in Phoenix Az...Their telephone number is 602-269-5825...You may be able to call them up and order it over the phone and have it shipped to you...They have several different colors of CF, I went with the black CF...

I paid $10.10 a yard!
Old 10-01-2006, 01:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how many yards did you have to buy?
Old 10-01-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Depends on what you are wrapping..Just the headliner you need 3 yards to account for any screw ups....
Old 10-01-2006, 08:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by YELOSUB

Thx for the compliment:

Here is the info for the shop I purchased it from...Phoenix Trim & Supply Company and is located at 2359 n. 33rd Ave in Phoenix Az...Their telephone number is 602-269-5825...You may be able to call them up and order it over the phone and have it shipped to you...They have several different colors of CF, I went with the black CF...

I paid $10.10 a yard!
Did you do the back panels also?
Old 10-02-2006, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by Xb_Stud

Thx for the compliment:

I paid $10.10 a yard!
Unfortunately I could not do the back panels! They are a biatch...phoenixtc took them to his upholstery guy and he wanted to charge $150 per side...Of course I said no way so I'am trying to figure out what I'am going to do with them....
Old 10-02-2006, 05:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by Xb_Stud

Unfortunately I could not do the back panels! They are a biatch...phoenixtc took them to his upholstery guy and he wanted to charge $150 per side...Of course I said no way so I'am trying to figure out what I'am going to do with them....
I finally did my headliner and that is the same problem I ran into. I am holding off on the pillars until I can figure what to do with the back ones. Let me know if you figure out something.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I see that in one of the pics the seatbelt is a little slack.. is it b/c of the covering on the b piller?
Old 10-04-2006, 02:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

^^^^No I fixed it...I didnt realize there were 2 groves on the original pillars down towards the bottom sides so I didn't cut them on the fabric...This caused the pillar to sit out too far causing it to bind the seatbelt up...Once the 2 little cutouts were made, they work like a champ...I must say you have a keen eye, nice spot!
Old 10-04-2006, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

any tips on wrapping the pilars? not to sure how to get the top "rounded" corners looking right.
Old 10-04-2006, 06:11 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

dang thats cleann

overall.. how long did that take to do?
Old 10-05-2006, 03:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

The headliner took Randode approx 45min to an hour, but he's done (4) of them now...With you and a friend (definately a 2-person job so that it's done right) it will probably take a couple hours...The pillars took me awhile since I had already wrapped them in suede and then changed my mind and went with the CF....Once I got the hang of wrapping the pillars, I could wrap one in about 30 minutes...I was trying to be a perfectionist so I took my time on the rounded edges and corners...It's important not to rush it and you HAVE to let the spray glue sit on both pieces for atleast 5 to 10 minutes so that when you press them together they bond...If anyone has any questions, please feel free to PM me...I have recieved alot of PM's and have been able to help quite a few....
Old 10-05-2006, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mr_Purple
any tips on wrapping the pilars? not to sure how to get the top "rounded" corners looking right.
Unfortunately I don't really have any tips for you...The first pillar will probably turn out like garbage but that's how I learned and practiced what worked and what didn't work...Remember though, much of the pillar edges is covered by one thing or another...I have never ever done any work of this type and don't consider myself very handy when it comes to doing things...I would have usually had someone else do everything and pay the cost...I had fun doing this and learned a great deal...
Old 10-05-2006, 03:44 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Ok, this is for everyone that has asked or PM'd me about the fabric...I have received numerous questions on where I bought my fabric...Well, I went back to the fabric store and talked with them...I found out that they WILL ship, so anyone that is interested here is the info:

Phoenix Trim & Supply Company
2359 N. 33rd Ave
Phoenix,Az 85009
Telephone number is 1-800-369-5084

The CF fabric is $10.10 a yard! They have LOTS of different colors of CF...Any further questions, please feel free to PM me...They also have ant other fabric that you could think of...
Ask for Ryan...Tell him Tim from Scion sent you...I don't get anything for it but I told him to expect some calls...
Old 10-05-2006, 11:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i had them send me some samples ^^^ so I'll prob. order after i get them and decide what color... this is a somewhat cheep mod that will make a huge defference at shows!!!
Old 10-06-2006, 03:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

^^^^^^^^^^Cool^^^^^^^^^^^^Let me know what you end up going with...If you don't have any of your interior painted I think the Quick Silver CF or the Overdrive Charcoal CF would look SHWEET...When you get your samples you will see what I'am talking about...
Old 10-07-2006, 07:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

dose this stuff strech?? i went to a local shop and they said they could order it for me but its like over $20 a yard... they said its the kind that streches when you heat it wwith a hair dryer....
Old 10-08-2006, 03:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Yes, It stretches in one direstion if that makes any sense...Did you get your samples yet from the place I told you to try? If so, did you like them? If I was you, I would order from where I bought mine and have it shipped...I can confirm that the material I used from them was awesome, not sure about the shop you went to...Either way, good luck and don't hesitate to ask if you have any further questions...Tim
Old 10-09-2006, 02:13 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

no i havent got the samples yet they shold come this week... i cant wate to see them!! i want to do this soo bad
Old 10-11-2006, 11:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

still havent got the samples.....('')

Quick Reply: Upholstering the roof