Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Want an armrest?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2004, 09:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by W0X0F
I installed mine on sunday, Easy!!!! Just follow the instructions. Really helps on the long drives!

sk8ter girl, Jim will ship anywhere!
Which one?
Old 06-25-2004, 09:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by kwicslvr
Originally Posted by W0X0F
I installed mine on sunday, Easy!!!! Just follow the instructions. Really helps on the long drives!

sk8ter girl, Jim will ship anywhere!
Which one?

http://www.jjproducts.net/Scion/index.html. Isn't that what she was asking about?

hmmmmmmmmm maybe i missed something, nothing unusual about doing that :D
Old 06-25-2004, 09:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Im interested in the arm rest! The price should be $100.00 . a group buy sounds great! Bill X BOXX
Old 06-25-2004, 09:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by XBOXX
Im interested in the arm rest! The price should be $100.00 . a group buy sounds great! Bill X BOXX
They just finished a group buy on this, maybe Jim will do it again. Keep buggin him (info@jjproducts.net) and maybe he will! The last group buy went for $109.00. That is cheap for the quality that you get!
Old 07-02-2004, 02:23 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I need one of them too, price makes a difference though
Old 07-06-2004, 08:12 PM
5 Year Member

Default Armrest

I've already found a great armrest on e-bay for my Scion XB.
It has storage in the top and makes room for the handbreak.

Gerald
Old 07-06-2004, 09:17 PM
5 Year Member

Default Installed an Armrest for the xB

I just received an armrest for my xB from a company called Wood Company. Believe it or not, its not wooden, but a black wear resistant synthetic leather that is supposed to outlast real leather. It was easy to install, it only took 8 minutes (including time to admire my work). The armrest has a metal bracket the goes down the side of the cup holder and screws into the bottom. They even included a peice of adhesive felt to cover up the screws at the bottom. There isn't any storage space, but the armrest flips up an out of the way when not in use, and for $89 bucks the price was not bad.

Oh, and these guys actually respond to email. I emailed them with a question before I ordered, and they got right back to me. I am also looking for something to hold items in the back, like the bottle of armour all that keeps rolling around. Anyone see some kind of nets or cargo gear?

Old 07-06-2004, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Installed an Armrest for the xB

Originally Posted by BoxOnWheels
I just received an armrest for my xB from a company called Wood Company. Believe it or not, its not wooden, but a black wear resistant synthetic leather that is supposed to outlast real leather. It was easy to install, it only took 8 minutes (including time to admire my work). The armrest has a metal bracket the goes down the side of the cup holder and screws into the bottom. They even included a peice of adhesive felt to cover up the screws at the bottom. There isn't any storage space, but the armrest flips up an out of the way when not in use, and for $89 bucks the price was not bad.

Oh, and these guys actually respond to email. I emailed them with a question before I ordered, and they got right back to me. I am also looking for something to hold items in the back, like the bottle of armour all that keeps rolling around. Anyone see some kind of nets or cargo gear?

That one looks nice but looks a little low to rest your arm on while driving. Is it comfortable to rest your arm on it while driving? And can u reach the parking brake easily?
Old 07-06-2004, 09:31 PM
5 Year Member

Default height

My arm fits fine, but I am 5 foot 9, so not really tall. :? Although the armrest comes over the back part of the brake handle, it is on a hinge so that when you pull the brake up the armrest moves up too. I can also flip it completely up and out of the way when I want to.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: height

Originally Posted by BoxOnWheels
My arm fits fine, but I am 5 foot 9, so not really tall. :? Although the armrest comes over the back part of the brake handle, it is on a hinge so that when you pull the brake up the armrest moves up too. I can also flip it completely up and out of the way when I want to.
Can u take a pic of the armrest flipped up?? And also did u get the grey or the balck?

Thanx
Old 07-06-2004, 10:11 PM
5 Year Member

I will try to borrow a digital camera... I got the black.
Old 07-13-2004, 08:37 PM

Default xB Armrest

I purchase mine from Zeta products www.zetaproducts.net
It fits great, folds up, & matches the grey interior trim perfectly.
$125 + shipping. I love mine & my local Scion dealer is gonna
stock them.

Old 07-26-2004, 12:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Why spend so much for so little. breunor has plans for a diy armrest/console that can be built for under $20 it works I made mine and love it. the only thing i changed was i used 1/4" plywood and assembled it with small nails.
Old 08-28-2004, 03:16 PM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

Default I want one

I want one
Old 09-01-2004, 07:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Which is the best out of the 5 or so armrests abvailable? I would like to buy one for my Box. Has anyone taking notes of the pros / cons of each armrest?

Thanks!
Old 09-01-2004, 07:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Is there one that has matching fabric and can hold stuff inside the armrest? I have been looking one for a very very long time.
Old 09-02-2004, 04:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There is something to be said for the price one would pay...the TBlizzard armrest has flip up storage, flip-up cup holder, looks stock IMO and has proven to become very comfortable while blending in with the interior pretty closely. It is a non-permanent stop-gap solution until the ultimate armrest comes (padded, matching, flip-up storage with utility power built in... !) along.

I have had it for more than a few months now and the Box would feel funny without it. Nothing against the others, they all do what they say and serve the owners/creators well and honestly, anything is better than nothing no matter which you spend your cash on...

Al.Truistic
aB
Originally Posted by tcm_xB
Which is the best out of the 5 or so armrests abvailable? I would like to buy one for my Box. Has anyone taking notes of the pros / cons of each armrest?

Thanks!
Old 09-03-2004, 03:23 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

why is it that everone has to 'BUY' a console that does a halfassed job when the plans to make the perfect console are available on this site. Could it be no one knows how to use an electric saw or pound a few small nails ,turn a couple woodscrews or cut and glue a little fabric :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? :? SO SAD
Old 09-03-2004, 04:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah, why do you people have to buy a Scion. Go build one yourself. There are toilet, toothbrush, tissue paper (2 ply even) that can be made or anything from eBay. Gee, you people are so so so so stupid is the word?
Old 09-03-2004, 07:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by HemanC
Yeah, why do you people have to buy a Scion. Go build one yourself. There are toilet, toothbrush, tissue paper (2 ply even) that can be made or anything from eBay. Gee, you people are so so so so stupid is the word?
YEA, thats the word I wanted to use but thought better of it. The only thing STUPID is spending $120 plus for something that only does half of the job. I'm sorry ,I didn't realize no one knows how to make anything or do anything for themselves anymore.
MYBAD

Quick Reply: Want an armrest?