Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Warranty service requirements?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2008, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Warranty service requirements?

I bought a 2006 xB w/6000 miles on it. At the Toyota dealer I submitted the change of ownership form transferring the warranty me.

The original owner said she changed the oil at 3000 but there's no notation of it in the 2006 Owner's Manual Supplement Warranty and Scheduled Maintenance. I'm assuming the dealer has a record of it on their computer.

At 9000 miles and again at 25,000 I changed the oil using Mobile 1 and an upgraded oil filter. I have the receipts.

My question:

I'm wanting to schedule a service appointment so as to honor the warranty requirements but I'm not sure what to ask for. In other words, I don't want them to to change the oil, but I do want them to inspect the things they would check for a 25,000 mile inspection.

I'm still averaging 32 MPG which to me indicates that every thing's fine.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Kerry
Old 05-24-2008, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
Fail, INC
Club One

SL Member

look at it yourself.... read the manual it is fairly simple and you won't get ripped off from the stealership
Old 05-25-2008, 08:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i hate when people like you always talk about getting ripped off by the dealership becuase i work at a dealership and more than likely you are one of those people who have no idea how to work on your car so when we get it its so baddly screwed up that it will cost alot to fix it

as far as getting your car checked out alot of dealers have a 19 point check that is free if not most will do it with an oil change. as far as the history of the oil changes they will only have that history of the car if all the work was done at that dealer.
Old 05-25-2008, 08:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Re: Warranty service requirements?

Originally Posted by Kerry
...At 9000 miles and again at 25,000 I changed the oil using Mobile 1 and an upgraded oil filter...
Did you go 16,000 miles between oil changes?
Old 05-27-2008, 06:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by ifeldwn02
i hate when people like you always talk about getting ripped off by the dealership becuase i work at a dealership and more than likely you are one of those people who have no idea how to work on your car so when we get it its so baddly screwed up that it will cost alot to fix it

as far as getting your car checked out alot of dealers have a 19 point check that is free if not most will do it with an oil change. as far as the history of the oil changes they will only have that history of the car if all the work was done at that dealer.
How much do dealers charge again? Like $60 an hour just for labor. I went to get my oil changed and the dealer said I needed new tires, I wasn't about to replace them because they have enough tread. 3000 miles later, I went to a different dealer, they said I needed the belt replaced and said the wheels are fine. Hmm, the first dealer found nothing wrong with the belt and a problem with the tires, the second found nothing wrong with the tires but something with the belt, sounds like the dealerships don't know how to work on the cars to me.
Old 05-27-2008, 07:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

dealerships always try to get people on things most people wouldn't know the difference. like 100 bucks to change the in cabin air filter on the tc's that don't even have a air filter in them to begin with lol.

last time i went i had the tech come out and tell me my car was miss aligned and was pulling to the right ..they wanted 180 bucks to fix it .. i called there bluff on that one and told them if there is any problem with it its because of something they did as they just aligned it a few months earlier after installing the trd struts and shocks... the tech went and looked at it again and magically my car was not out of alignment anymore haha