Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

what size speakers drop into the xB?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 10:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Digicon
i thought the doors were 6.5s and the rears were 5.25
Actually the front door speakers are what's called "oversized 6.5's" or in other words 6.75 inch speakers . the oversized ones are harder to find but pioneer offers two or four as well as other brands just not as many options as a 6.5 but that .25" was worth the search for me.
Old 05-24-2005, 01:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Im gonna put some memphis audio 6.5s in the front. I know i should know this but are there speakers on the back 2 doors?
Old 05-24-2005, 08:27 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

there are no rear door speakers , there are rear hatch speakers. they are 5.25 inch.
Old 05-24-2005, 10:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by aireck
this info will help me in my quest to upgrade my sound system....
thank you!!
Thanks! thiats an awesome price range. cuse i would like a box but it isnt practicle for me cuse i also work out of my car. (newspaper delivery). i upgraded the speakers in my old car with cheap lighting audio pieces and i loved the result. even though the speakers in the focus were pretty big.

how do the speakers hit without a box? i have a kenwood MP-7028.

would those tweeter speakers be overkill on the sound?
Old 05-25-2005, 03:07 AM
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

The front door is two screws and one pop rivet. Then just grab the spot at the bottom of the panel towards the front and pop out towards you. then the panel comes off. Oh yeah also just pop up the window control with a screw driver abefore taking the panel off and you can just pull that through with having to unhook the connector. You are done on the front. I put 6 1/2 in the doors after you remove the rivets I just cut out the speaker and cleaned up the factory baffle and the speaker just screws onto the baffle. Perfect clearance from the window and don't have to spend extra money on a spacer.

The dash can take any 4' speaker just bend 2 of the tabs and put in and you are good to go there.

The back is alot to take out but can be done with time and a little help from a friend as well as a cold beer or two. You need a 8mm allen wrench to remove the panels in the back.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

lol i didnt have any allen that large so i used a huge star bit , lol.
Old 05-26-2005, 03:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
Originally Posted by firesquare
time to get Funky

now if i can decide finally on a speaker theme. you mind me asking what that set you back?
I have the same model pioneer's sort of
ts-g1040 4" dash speakers , for 16.50 shipped ( ebay surplus )
over size ( correct ) pioneer 4 way 6.75 ts-a**** 32.00 shipped ( ebay surplus )
and 5.25 2 way pioneer ts-g series 16.00 shipped ( ebay surplus )

All were BRAND NEW but in slightly messed up packaging and missing instructions and speaker wire.
but.... for all 6 interior speakers at less than $$65.00!!!!!!!!!!

I'm running all these off my pioneer deh 7600 deck , and then I have older pioneer 10" impp subs in underseat boxes , powered by a pioneer gm-x862 760 watt amp for the subs.
If you can't tell I LOVE pioneer. my next addition will be either another pio 10 inch sub in the new scosche box , or a custom rear false floor/integrated hidden sub /sub box and a pio 12"
Well, I have one 10" and one 12" IMPP sub that I'm trying to get rid of...I'm replacing those with the speakers cause the wifey disaproves
Old 05-26-2005, 03:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

bah the wifey can gether own car :-P
Old 06-01-2005, 11:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

well i got a return check from NY and i spent it on a pair of Type S 4 inch speakers. ad the difference and look is night and day. cant wait to do the doors and rear.

are the front rings hard to get? or who can i go to to get them where they would have them in stock?
Old 06-01-2005, 11:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

well i got a return check from NY and i spent it on a pair of Type S 4 inch speakers. ad the difference and look is night and day. cant wait to do the doors and rear.

are the front rings hard to get? or who can i go to to get them where they would have them in stock?
If you mean the rings for the doors, I got mine at Best Buy.

"One Ring To Guide Them..."

Sorry.
Old 06-02-2005, 02:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

I made my own templates from mdf . I can send people the paper template for it for 1.00
Old 06-02-2005, 02:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I made my own templates from mdf . I can send people the paper template for it for 1.00
how bout for .50 J/k

wait, are you actualy saying all you need to do is drill pilot holes and screw them in?
Old 06-02-2005, 02:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by TJandBOXCARWILLIE

If you mean the rings for the doors, I got mine at Best Buy.

"One Ring To Guide Them..."

Sorry.
I got mine from www.cardomain.com after the idiot at Best Buy didn't even know what I was talking about. Scosche SAT6 for the front doors are $7.95. Scosche also has part #SASCN656 to adapt 6.5" speakers to the rear of the xB for $13.95. You do not have to mount your rear speakers thru the side panel. I peeked behind the panels and there is lots of room there. I'm making my own adapters out of plywood so the tweeters on my Pioneer Premier 6.5" 4-ways will clear the backside of the side panels. There is 1.25" of clearance from the metal where the speaker mounts and the back of the grill. I'm using 1/2" plywood and will seal the speaker to the side panel with foam rubber insulation strips.

I'll will be installing my rear speakers and Pioneer Premier 4-channel amp on Sunday 6/12/05. I will take pictures and post here when my upgrade is complete.
Old 06-02-2005, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

sounds good. best buy did the same thing, looked at me and said whats an xB almost
Old 06-02-2005, 07:38 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Fail, INC
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Sorry about your experience at Best Buy. The local one near me, the audio install guy drives an tC, so maybe that is why he knew what I was talking about. Plus has worked on a lot of xB's...

Again, sorry (not that I work for Best Buy, but still...you guys went there 'cause I told you that is where I got mine)
Old 06-02-2005, 09:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

how bout for .50 J/k

wait, are you actualy saying all you need to do is drill pilot holes and screw them in?
if you really want it for .50 i can do it for ya. I used the huge sheetmetal screws and drilled/ screwed them into the stock three holes.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how bout for .50 J/k

if you really want it for .50 i can do it for ya. I used the huge sheetmetal screws and drilled/ screwed them into the stock three holes.
im all the way in NC. how thick would you say is the sheet metal? im gonna go pick up some front ones today maybe, depending on last week's paycheck they owe me
Old 06-02-2005, 09:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the sheetmetal is very thin , like 18 ga .
Old 06-06-2005, 10:16 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

OK guys, now for the question that has haunted me.
HOW DO YOU INSTALL SPEAKERS???
i mean the wiring and stuff, is it plug and play, is there soldering involved, do I need to pull wires and strip and splice and dice for it to work. I'm thinking of replacing the front two first, what do I do????
Old 06-08-2005, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have older pioneer 10" impp subs in underseat boxes ,
Are the boxes actually under your seats or in the back still? I was measuring under the passenger front seat and thought the area was only 9"x9"x___ (something like 3"). I want to do a sub but don't have the money to have a custom box made to replace the floor cubby thing in the back and definitely dont want to loose cargo room.

Quick Reply: what size speakers drop into the xB?