Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen ICE & Interior In-car entertainment and electronics...

Why don't the Luminics bulbs last long enough?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 11:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Why don't the Luminics bulbs last long enough?

Is anyone else having problems with their Luminics headlight bulbs not lasting long enough? I've had many cars before where I only had to replace headlight bulbs every 2 or 3 years, if that.

I had my first bulbs for only a few weeks before my 1st one blew. My 2nd one just blew this morning after just a few months. This is my 2nd set, so I won't be returning them this time. Having a lifetime warranty doesn't do much good if I have to keep spending money shipping them back. I'll just go to Wal-Mart at lunch and grab a new set.

What's a good brand to go with that isn't outrageously priced and looks like the Luminics HyperWhites?

(FYI: I've checked my wiring harnesses for my headlights and have noticed no problems at all.)
Old 11-07-2005, 04:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I just got a set of Luminics to replace my fogs. They better not burn out any time soon! I only got them because I found them cheaper than the website price.

I recommend MTEC bulbs, you can get them here: www.automotivelightingusa.com, or you can get Silverstars...

BTW, I bought my Luminics bulbs at a racing shop for $19.99, I didn't order them online... So I saved 10 bucks, but I don't get the 1 year warranty. If they burn out, that's 20 bucks down the drain, but I'll learn my lesson and stick with the bulbs I've been using. I just wanted to see how they look.... (I'm not all that impressed either)

-THE DON
Old 11-07-2005, 05:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Unique Scionikz
SL Member

Default Re: Why don't the Luminics bulbs last long enough?

Originally Posted by GerryWhite
What's a good brand to go with that isn't outrageously priced and looks like the Luminics HyperWhites?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Scion...spagenameZWDVW

found these. reasonable price.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

are you touching them with your bare fingers when installing them? That can certainly do it.

Other than that... I have never heard much good about them once people run them for very long.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by engifineer
are you touching them with your bare fingers when installing them? That can certainly do it.
Other than that... I have never heard much good about them once people run them for very long.
Thanks but I did already know that and I go out of my way to be careful about not getting my grubby paws on them.
What's strange is that, for both bad bulbs, the filaments weren't blown, just something else inside the bulb. And I did do a continuity check.
I went to Wal-Fart and picked up some Sylvania Cool Blue's. I don't expect fantastic results - just some friggin' inexpensive bulbs that might last and don't look stock.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have had no problems out of my luminics UV bulbs. Been running strong for like 7 months now.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:27 PM
TJ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I went to Wal-Fart and picked up some Sylvania Cool Blue's. I don't expect fantastic results - just some friggin' inexpensive bulbs that might last and don't look stock.
Hey Gerry. You can't go wrong with the Sylvania Cool Blue's. They've lasted over 2 years before selling my previous car.
Old 11-08-2005, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I had a problem with uv luminics, fried my harness and fog broke, so I going back stock
Old 11-09-2005, 12:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by TJ
Hey Gerry. You can't go wrong with the Sylvania Cool Blue's. They've lasted over 2 years before selling my previous car.
Thanks, TJ. Sometime ya gotta go with a brand name, right?

I got an email from Luminics saying they had some minor issues with 9006's and tCs. They're seeing about a 2% return rate. We may have a wiring harness problem in the tCs. I dunno...
Old 11-09-2005, 12:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

ive had luminics ultra white for about 2.5 months. I recently bought the New Titanium White with the NEW plug-n-play heavy duty harness from luminics. But before the wire harness i had no problems (knocking on wood )!
i loved the hyper white and i love my New Titanium White!

Im selling the Luminics Ultra White 9006 bulbs, and buyers?
Old 11-09-2005, 07:12 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

what is the diff in the look between the the hyper and the titaniums?
Old 11-09-2005, 08:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

titanium is more of a white than ultra white with a slight shade of blue. they pretty much look exactly the same! Not sure if there is a difference? Juts bought it cause its a new bulb? But im happy with both of them!

still selling the Ultra White 9006 bulbs!
Old 11-09-2005, 09:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had my luminics bulbs since March and haven't had a problem yet.
Old 11-09-2005, 10:33 PM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Gerry, you might want to check THIS THREAD to see what they are selling CoolBlues for in your area - it varies wildly by ZIP code.

(Yes, they have the 9006CB as well as the 9003CB bulbs.)
Old 11-09-2005, 11:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've been running Luminics 9006 Hyper Whites on my car a little over a year now...no problems here so far(knock on wood) and I just bought a new set of Titanium Whites with the harness upgrade, to me the Hyper Whites seem to be brighter!
Old 11-09-2005, 11:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

I had Nyko Blue for over a year and then one burnt out. Now I'm running on Sylvania's Silverstar. Discount Auto Parts is having a deal with buy one get the 2nd one half price. Other then that, I just bought new bulbs on Ebay and we'll see how they go. (knock on wood)
Old 11-10-2005, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I hate to say it but are YOU A MORON? no offense but I have used luminics for years and never had a problem and I attained their new Titanium White and wow they are bright right in my price range and a great bulb. I think you are like these other crazy people who touch the bulb then try 2 use it or hit it on sumthin and try 2 use it that wont work bulbs are super gentle. Don't blame the bulbs im almost 10000000000% sure it was your fault not that of Luminics and if you had the occasional faulty set send it bak and get new ones they have warranty on them.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:10 AM
Admin Emeritus

10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Status, please keep in mind that any of the higher output hotter burning bulbs in a given size will have shorter lives than the lower output, yellowish, cooler burning bulbs. If a person uses their headlights a lot (some have them on every time the car is being driven) the expected 150 hour life of some bulbs can go by very quickly...

It is not necessarily any mis-handling of the bulbs.
Old 11-10-2005, 08:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My Drivers side JDM Yellow High Beam doesn't work, it works when i hit my headlamp though
Old 11-10-2005, 11:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by STATUS
I hate to say it but are YOU A MORON? no offense but I have used luminics for years and never had a problem and I attained their new Titanium White and wow they are bright right in my price range and a great bulb. I think you are like these other crazy people who touch the bulb then try 2 use it or hit it on sumthin and try 2 use it that wont work bulbs are super gentle. Don't blame the bulbs im almost 10000000000% sure it was your fault not that of Luminics and if you had the occasional faulty set send it bak and get new ones they have warranty on them.
Your signature tells all of us why you are so impolite as to flame me for asking a question. Go back into your wormhole and ponder why your sponsor, LUMINICS, must be sooooo proud of you right now.
Don't forget that I got an email from Luminics admitting to a minor problem with 9006's and tC's. Noone has said anything nasty about Luminics.
And the bulbs were NOT touched, slick. Nor were they hit on something. Period.
Why is it people go out of their way to insult someone and then say NO OFFENSE?

Quick Reply: Why don't the Luminics bulbs last long enough?