Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

2" drop springs 4 under 100?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2004, 11:27 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Spider13
I agree that the parts will work, and i will keep them and put them on, for little bit. But I still think the fact that what exactly the parts were never disclosed was wrong. I just think that in the future you need to be very clear what they are. I am basically content, but I still think the auction was conducted very bad.
i agree and that will be fixed today...sorry for the confusion as i was a bit confused myself.
Old 05-19-2004, 09:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

I installed the springs today and am very happy with the look and the ride. Even these springs seem to ride better then stock. I'll post some pics this weekend, after I charge my camera batterys.

Also If anyone else has to do theirs alone. Autozone will let you use a set of spring compressors for free. You just have to leave a $40 deposit while you have them. It made the job real easy.
Old 05-20-2004, 07:31 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

Does the car end up level? Some of the pics make it look like the back end is lower then the front.

Might be interested if the car is level, but not if it's nose up.

Also, other then being about an inch lower, how do you think these would compair with the Tien H-Specs?

And is it a lot smoother then stock?
Old 05-20-2004, 09:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

I am not sure about it being level. I have noticed there is a smaller gap on the rear tire then on the front. But it looks level and sometimes and looks a little lower in the front. But I haven't seen it anywhere absolutly level yet though. I'll try to go somewhere level when i take pics, so you can see it.

The ride is softer then stock. Very comfortable. But I am sure these are not performance type springs.
Old 05-21-2004, 12:43 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
N.G.S.O.

The rear gap should appear smaller then the front, the rear wheel well openings aren't as big (back tires don't need the extra space, they don't turn).

Easiest way is to find a fairly level parking lot and then measure the distance from the front bumper to the ground, then repeat with the back bumper.
Old 05-30-2004, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think I'd pull my support for "LLAMABOB" selling on eBay. Just took a look at the feedback rating page and his rate of returning. People like this should have their ability to sell on there yanked.

I notice the seller (LLAMABOB, aka Hyperformance95) has not left not so much as one single "thank you" positive feedback for a buyer - EVER. BUT, has managed to leave two negatives and a neutral. It's good to see you really appreciate your customers, my guess is you aren't looking for repeat business. Hell, I wouldn't be a 'first-pete' customer with crap like that.

As far as follow-up customer service goes, this guy's a total joke. Save your money or spend a little more with someone who runs his business likehe actually wants to keep it.

**edited** Accidently entered wrong Scionlife users name as the seller (fixed) - if I'd read more carefully I wouldn't make stupid errors.
Old 05-30-2004, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Umm...I bought the springs, I didn't sell them. :?