Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

About my Dropped xB

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2003, 07:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default About my Dropped xB

I noticed that alot of dropped xB's seem like the rear is lower than the front. Is there any reason for that? is it a bad thing? what can we do to solve that problem if it is a problem?
Old 12-24-2003, 07:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

A lot of the springs are like that. usually because the rear is lower, the car looks level. To fix it you'd either need to get springs that are lower in the front, coilovers set lower in the front or chop a coil or 2 off of the front spring..

HTH
Old 12-24-2003, 09:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

that's dangerous to be cutting the spring like that. you're better off just buying the coilovers. it'd be safer and easier for you and you can get it to what you want instead of trying to judge it by 1", 1.5", 2" ect. or judging it by coils.
Old 12-24-2003, 10:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Or you could just buy a set of springs that drop the front more than the back. There are a few companys that make them.
Old 12-24-2003, 11:03 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tbblizzard
that's dangerous to be cutting the spring like that. you're better off just buying the coilovers. it'd be safer and easier for you and you can get it to what you want instead of trying to judge it by 1", 1.5", 2" ect. or judging it by coils.
i know its considered a "sin", but i'm using the spy 2inch and it did sit lower in the rear than the front. from feedback from some very knowledgeable people on scionlife, i cut 1 coil in the front, and it really evened it out without much difference in ride. you will notice that some manufacturers are making the fronts lower than the rear to compensate. good luck!
Old 12-24-2003, 11:18 PM

a lot of eibachs are known for the rear being lower. The set up is front drop 1.6 and the rear is 2.0. Really wierd, but I found that cutting ONLY half a coil from the top/front will level out the car.

I performed the surgery myself on scionjohn 's car. I removed the front spring and cut half a coil from the top. Both spring in the front, we dropped the car and it leveled out PERFECTLY. I can send a pic on Saturday if you want.

Old 12-25-2003, 12:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

check out scionaraxb's ride:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4579

it looks like the front and rear have the same clearance and it looks pretty level to me....

i think his looks good with the Spy 1.25' drop....
Old 12-25-2003, 09:52 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

get the TANABE DF Springs there 2.2" in the front and 2" in the rear it makes the car look more even
Old 12-25-2003, 10:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by autobotxxtonyxx
get the TANABE DF Springs there 2.2" in the front and 2" in the rear it makes the car look more even
That's what I'm getting. $159 you can't beat that for the price .
Old 12-25-2003, 10:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by tbblizzard
that's dangerous to be cutting the spring like that..
The rears would be more dangerous to cut because of the way the spring is shaped. The fronts wouldn't be as much of a deal because they are going to be compressed AND locked with a nut.
Old 12-25-2003, 11:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stylis
I performed the surgery myself on scionjohn 's car. I removed the front spring and cut half a coil from the top. Both spring in the front, we dropped the car and it leveled out PERFECTLY. I can send a pic on Saturday if you want.
Hey stylis, I have yet to cut my eiback 1/2 coil. How is the ride?? is it the same? I will wait for pics. Please dont forget.
Old 12-26-2003, 05:26 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got the same issue with the TRD springs. Not only the does the rear sit lower, but its soft as hell too. Even the smallest amount of weight slams the rear.

Im debating on just buying some ground controls for the front along with some better shocks and struts. Hopefully KYB will come out with those soon too.
Old 12-26-2003, 04:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i got the trd ones, i'm hoping they sag like that, my car needs to sit lower than it is right now. does it rub because it's sagging so much?
Old 12-26-2003, 04:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

my goldlines 2" drop sit perfeclty level..really nice!
Old 12-26-2003, 07:59 PM

This saturday scionjohn will be at my place, we will take pics and he says the ride is perfect. John drives all around the bay area in the worse road conditions and he says it rides smooth.

Old 12-26-2003, 09:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Stylis
This saturday scionjohn will be at my place, we will take pics and he says the ride is perfect. John drives all around the bay area in the worse road conditions and he says it rides smooth.
Great hope to see the pics soon, thanks Stylis
Old 12-27-2003, 05:13 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

as na'im stated, he cut the spy front coil. if you look at the spring, there are three coils that are touching. by cutting one, you're really not altering the ride quality and they are already compressed and have no "spring" to them. i'm going to cut mine one of these days also as I want a bit of rake to my ride, especially when I have three other Drill SGTs in my ride that outweigh me by 30 lbs each! I was dragging so bad, that my Tanabe muffler tip scraped with them in it!

squirrel
Old 12-28-2003, 03:20 AM

here is scionjohn's ride and he has the front eibachs cutt. Tell me what you think.

Old 12-28-2003, 04:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

are there any more pics?
Old 12-28-2003, 09:44 AM

what other pics do you want to see?

Quick Reply: About my Dropped xB