Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

air ride question? first one.

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2005, 01:37 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Default air ride question? first one.

i have the easy air kit made by airlift , but will the front go any higher, because the rear is way up there but the front just does not go as high, what pressure is every one riding at during normal driving.....front and back please.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

The airlift kit lifts alot more in the back then it does in the front. If you run shorter shocks in the rear, it won't look so weird at full lift. I don't run gauges so I can't tell you what PSI I run at. But I drive with the front about 85% full and the rear about 50% seems to ride the best that way.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I could never get my airlift front kit to run the right way. It bounced really bad and the struts locked up.
Old 05-17-2005, 04:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

After endless parts swaping, I really think I've figured it out. A couple of tweaks here and there and its all good. It just sucks they can't seem to send working parts the 1st, 2nd, or 3rd times.
Old 05-18-2005, 01:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

well here i go again , i finished the install and leak test i went to test drive the xb but, for some strange the ABS light is on, and the car wont go in drive, it starts and everything, even the airbag light is on and the svs what ever that is. some one please help me , i am so frustrated that i am ready to rip this car apart.
Old 05-18-2005, 04:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

I've read this can be caused by a pinched abs sensor line somewhere. I am not sure where to tell you to look, just make sure your brake lines and abs lines are clear of anything that will pinch them.

Also may try unhooking the battery for a while and let the ECU reset, this may help if you just ____ed off the computer somehow, but I'd bet you got something pinched somewhere.
Old 05-18-2005, 12:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

thanks i will doble check all the lines make sure i did not zip tie the hose to one of theses sensors.
Old 05-18-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

fixed everything !!!!!!!!!!, but when i drive i hear a thump in the front end sounds like the strut is loose any one else has this happening?
Old 05-18-2005, 11:41 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

It may just be loose, or some airlift struts there is some issue with the front, they make some noise. There is another thread here somewhere, that says they are shipping some kind of fix it kit.

Did you have a line pinched?
Old 05-19-2005, 12:54 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

it was the stop light fuse was not making a good conection so when i changed the fuse and made sure it was poering up everything dissappeared......
Old 05-19-2005, 10:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I have a small clunk coming from the right front strut as well. They told me to first try tightening the nut that attaches the strut bearing plate to the strut. And if that doesn't fix it, they have a spacer/rubber washer kit they will send free of charge. I only had one bag blow on me and that was the front right, because the pinch seal, didnt seal well enough. So after I replaced the bag, that's when I started getting the clunk in the front right.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

i have a cluck on both sides, when you tightend the nut that attaches the strut bearing plate to the strut, how much of the thredded bolt came thru the nut and what did you use to tighten the nut....my nut is only flush with the bolt i feel that it is not tight enough but when i try to tighten it more every thing just spins.
Old 05-20-2005, 03:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

It should be way tighter, You shouldn't be able to move that top plate up and down on the strut, it should rest on a little ridge on that strut shaft. mine had a ton of thread, actaully so much i had to cut the little rubber covers on the top of the strut tower, because the threaded part was so tall.
Old 05-20-2005, 06:36 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'm planning to do the airlift kit by easystreet. you guys recommend once all the things are tweaked and fixed? any of you guys running 19's with the kit? no cutting of anything involved?
Old 05-20-2005, 08:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

^^^hey guys^^^

i just finished getting all the parts to my airlift kit, and will have it on soon; but i'm self proclaimed knowledgeable at this air stuff since ive researched it for over 3 years now...(switched cars 3 times too)

**when it comes to the 'clunk' noise=call up airliftcompany.com & press 3 for the easy street air tech support. talk to jim or jeff~they'll send you the anti-clunk washers (it was a problem in some kits)

**when it comes to running 19's..ehh, ive seen 20's the ride was isht (no offense to the person who had it) but it's a show, not a go/driveable mod, at least IMO for daily driven: also, w/18's and up, depending on your offset you'll have to/want to roll the inner fender lip and remove the bumper brackets in the front, as well as the plastic liner (that's y im going 15's or 16's..)

~tesh

Unless i dont come back to this thread, ill answer q's for neone, or pm me
Old 05-20-2005, 09:42 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Mr.George, def. tighten that nut more, like Spider said. There should be almost an inch sticking through. As for pressures, I have had my kit for about 5 months now. The fronts, I usually run about 90psi, and the rears about 50psi for daily driving.

MattB
Old 05-20-2005, 04:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
sIcKsCiOnS

Originally Posted by rcstprez
Mr.George, def. tighten that nut more, like Spider said. There should be almost an inch sticking through. As for pressures, I have had my kit for about 5 months now. The fronts, I usually run about 90psi, and the rears about 50psi for daily driving.

MattB
hey mattb, what did you use to tighten the nut i used a ratchet, but it starts to spin after a few turns, did you use an air gun? let me know asap,

also how did you run your front air lines? pics if you have them...
Old 05-20-2005, 11:45 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i have 19x75" Niche F-16's with 215/35/19 and +45 offset, and plan to bag it, just making sure things will be fine and not worry about cutting or rolling any fenders cuz i don't plan on doing so.
Old 05-21-2005, 02:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

I used an air gun to tighten the airlift bags on the front of my car and then used and air gun to take them off to return them a day later. I still dont reccomend their crap to anyone.
Old 05-21-2005, 04:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Oh man, I am having nightmares already. I am also gettin ready to begin installing this kit from FBI. Why is easystreet only sending parts to fix a problem? Shouldn't there be a whole new strut? Once again, how does anyone :know: the pressures if there are no guages at each corner? This has crossed my mind several times and have seriously considered adding four pressure gauges in the car to monitor the bags. I don't want any clunks, rattles etc. If I do I'll sell this kit and buy Airrunner. Can't beat JDM bolt on kits you know. I won't complain just yet.

Quick Reply: air ride question? first one.