Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Air Runner - "Maxed Out" @@ more pix 03/21

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 04:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

If I am not mistaken, that is his water trap.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

yep it's a "Industrial" up to 300psi water trap with a site glass. I also will have a safety valve for 175psi and a 1/8" port Schraeder valve for backup. I will be posting more pics soon.
Old 02-21-2006, 05:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

How are those Air Zenith compressors working. Last 2 compressors I had were the Viair 325 x 2 (they both died) and then the Thomas 337 x 2. The Thomas wouldn't heat up as fast, but they also filled a little slower. Boy I miss my old truck...ugh.

I did manage to dig up a picture of it!

That's with the back lifted.
Old 02-21-2006, 06:50 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Toy_xbox
yep it's a "Industrial" up to 300psi water trap with a site glass. I also will have a safety valve for 175psi and a 1/8" port Schraeder valve for backup. I will be posting more pics soon.
Nice man, you and your VIP/Exec/Industrialness

I'm wanting to get a second compressor as a back up ... i'm thinking about getting an AZ one so i have 2 different compressors. It would make me feel better that one might fail because of some reason and the other will keep going etc. I just don't want to be stuck because of a dead comp. ... that would be a lot of down time with the xB and that would suck. Would there be any negatives to having my Viair 450c and an equivalent AZ (probably with twice the CFM)?
Old 02-21-2006, 07:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by GLN305
How are those Air Zenith compressors working. Last 2 compressors I had were the Viair 325 x 2 (they both died) and then the Thomas 337 x 2. The Thomas wouldn't heat up as fast, but they also filled a little slower. Boy I miss my old truck...ugh.
I know that the AZ are re-buildable and honestly I have not fully tested my system yet, however I know from talking with AZ crew they stand behind their product and are dedicated to have the best built, looking, and long life air compressor on the market most of all the websites that sell air suspension kits/parts have the AirZenith available. IMO the AirZenith was the best for all the requirements I needed for my system for performance, look and longevity.

Originally Posted by rebelMan
Nice man, you and your VIP/Exec/Industrialness

I'm wanting to get a second compressor as a back up ... i'm thinking about getting an AZ one so i have 2 different compressors. It would make me feel better that one might fail because of some reason and the other will keep going etc. I just don't want to be stuck because of a dead comp. ... that would be a lot of down time with the xB and that would suck. Would there be any negatives to having my Viair 450c and an equivalent AZ (probably with twice the CFM)?
Shouldn't be... IMO if you have a cutout valve and/or check valves on both compressors it shouldn't be a problem. I am putting a inflation schrader valve in my tank for backup but don't think I will ever tap out the AZ to it full potential. Just Low and Slow, up for bumps, down for shows, stock height for the Po-Po and cocked for the ladies :D
Old 02-22-2006, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Cool man ... i love the slowness. Once i get my front done i'm going to work on getting the system to the right speed and make sure it's even ... i just think having it slow is more "luxury"ish ...

BTW, on break @ work today i was flipping thru an Import Performance mag that was laying in the break room and damn ... guess who's xB was in there . It was coo tellin people that i've talked to u and stuff ... of course they don't believe hardly anything
Old 02-23-2006, 04:29 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Cool to see another (former) Dakota owner in here. Was yours an R/T? It looks like it probably was by the picture. What components did you use when you bagged it?

I have a '99 R/T myself. It is bagged and set up to lay 22s. Unfortunately circumstances have dictated that it sit in a field with an unpainted frame for the last 2+ years.
Old 02-23-2006, 04:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by RTon20s

Cool to see another (former) Dakota owner in here. Was yours an R/T? It looks like it probably was by the picture. What components did you use when you bagged it?

I have a '99 R/T myself. It is bagged and set up to lay 22s. Unfortunately circumstances have dictated that it sit in a field with an unpainted frame for the last 2+ years.
Yeah, it is an R/T. I used Western Chassis control arms w/Slam bags up front. For the rear I did a huge step nothc and a Pete and Jakes chrome 4-link with Firestone 2600's. I had three 3 gallon tanks and a three Thomas 337 compressors. I ran all 3/8" line and 8 SMC 3/8" valves. It moved OK, but I wanted to go 5/8" all around. I decided to sell it when we were gonna come to Germany since it would never pass the inspection here. Luckily a friend of mine bought it and it now has a new 4-link, 2 5 Gallon tanks, Slam bags on all 4 corners and 4 x ViAir 500 compressors. I loved that truck, I had massive amounts of engine work and alot of chrome under the hood. It was fast, low and beautiful. Memories.......
Old 02-23-2006, 05:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Sounds cool. I haven't done anything to mine motor wise, as I kept having overheating problems that never got resolved. And probably never will now until I tear the motor down myself. I am on my third rear end and second transmission though. Transmissions tend to crack though when the rear end the dealership rebuilt screws up and causes you to throw a drive shaft on the freeway.
After all that was replaced I got the suspension started. Still not quite finished though. The front has one-off upper and lower control arms and a plated frame with Contitech bags. The rear is a complete one-off subframe wishbone set up with Contitech bags and a fuel cell and battery mount behind the axle. I run two 6 gallons under the bed, 8 ODE 1/2" valves and 3/4" line. No compressors right now, as I was working on an Engine driven compressor but it came up missing at the shop I had the truck in.

Once I get out of my apartment and into a house I will be tearing into it again.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

looks great man.
Old 03-01-2006, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Thanks ^^^

I am posting a couple of more pics of the test fit I did during the install.

I had a delay on the install waiting for a 37 degree stainless steel tube flaring tool to be delivered so that I can do some hard line work, but may have to go with all braided flex to make it for the SE Anniversary show

Old 03-02-2006, 05:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Ah, the curse of the little red X. Try again.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:36 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by RTon20s
Ah, the curse of the little red X. Try again.
Thnx MSN groups must of had to bounce the system, pix are back up again...
Old 03-12-2006, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

I wasn't able to finish in time for the SE 2nd Anniversary But here is a couple of pic's snapped while I had the compressor/tank rack out on the work bench...

Old 03-12-2006, 03:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

That's nice man

Does that bracket come with the airrunner kit?
Old 03-12-2006, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

That's nice man

The Air Runner kit came with a nice Stainless Steel piece, but I had to custom fabricate this frame to make it as low as possible and to mouunt the Air Zenith compressor
Old 03-12-2006, 07:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Toy_xbox
That's nice man

The Air Runner kit came with a nice Stainless Steel piece, but I had to custom fabricate this frame to make it as low as possible and to mouunt the Air Zenith compressor
Sweet. I wish i knew how to make a bracket or someone that could make me a good custom one
Old 03-14-2006, 01:09 AM
5 Year Member

very nice.
Old 03-14-2006, 08:37 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

looking good
like the undercar setup
Old 03-15-2006, 02:46 PM
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

Toy_xbox,
I have the AZ compressor as well and was wondering how much vibration you get with that mounting bracket.
I have my compressor bolted directly to the sheet metal and it makes my entire car vibrate like crazy. I plan to mount a plate between the compressor and the sheet metal and pad it with some dynamat to cut down on noise and vibration, but I was just curious as to your experiences with noise & vibration with the AZ.
Thanks for your input.

Quick Reply: Air Runner - "Maxed Out" @@ more pix 03/21