Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Alignment???

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 12:24 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Alignment???

I was riding my bike behind my GF who was driving the XB today. When I was riding slightly to the left of the rear tail light, I could see the front wheel cover. The car sort of looked like it was running like a dog -- IOW, going straight, but the body was at a slight angle. I figured it was an optical illusion, so I moved on over behind the right tail light. I could not see the front wheel cover and the car seemed to look pretty normal. Could this be an indication I need a front end alignment, or do you think it was related to that roll-over accident I had while towing a 19' Airstream?

>--
Peckhammer
Old 04-16-2006, 01:29 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default .....Roll over?....

I never saw a dog run like that.
I have seen cars with what looks like a bent frame going straight but at an angle.
Not since the 1980's but it is funny when you see one. I have to see jet planes doing this all the time, struggling to go straight, I hate that.

There is an offset, the rear wheels do not stick out as far as the front wheels do.
Even if you have no pulls, with or without steering, have this checked out under warranty at the dealer.

And stop making your dog run like that.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i'd say with al of your toys you can afford to spend $60 on an alignment.
Money well spent.
Jeff
Old 04-16-2006, 02:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The Box is rated to tow and roll-over with up to a 25ft. AirStream in-tow. So I doubt that's what caused it.
Old 04-16-2006, 05:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member

it got to be the toe in one of the rear wheels..... most likely the rear left if you couldnt see the front right wheel when behind it.... my sister had a friend in a corolla that caught a curb with the back of her car and bent the rear hub,, and made it do it... so it could be on of alot of things... good luck man
Old 04-16-2006, 05:05 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Capt_pooty
it got to be the toe in one of the rear wheels..... most likely the rear left if you couldnt see the front right wheel when behind it.... my sister had a friend in a corolla that caught a curb with the back of her car and bent the rear hub,, and made it do it... so it could be on of alot of things... good luck man
Well, the car only has 2000 miles on it, and has never been in any kind of accident. I'll have to have the dealer take a peak at it, I guess.