Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Another redundant shock/springs question...

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 12:41 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Default Another redundant shock/springs question...

Sorry guys, I really hate to start a thread over this because it's so redundant, but If I don't act quick, I'm going to lose the deal. Here is the situation, I currently have 17x7 Konig Holes with a 45 Offset wrapped in 215/45/17 Toyo Proxes 4. Right now, I'm having NO rubbing issues, and I want to keep it that way. The roads in PA are absolutely dreadful.
My goal is to have a smoother, more comfortable ride. I know nothing about this kind of stuff, but I know someone who is selling Tanabe DF210 springs and 2 rear Monroe Sensatrac Shocks for $200. Is that a good price? I would have bought them already, but I'm nervous about a 2" drop. I was originally going to go with Tein H-Techs. Do you guys think I would be okay with the Tanabe Df210s and the Monroe Sensatracs, or should I just get the H-Techs and the Monroe's? Like I said, I want the smoothest ride possible. I'd appreciate any help you guys can offer!
Thanks so much!
Old 08-23-2006, 01:07 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The less of a drop the springs give the softer the spring rate is going to be. DF210's are great. I have and love them, but its not going to give a smooth ride. If rubbing and losing fillings from your teeth on rough roads are an issue, go with a slighter drop.

For me I'm rolling 215/35/18's on DF210s. I have zero rubbing, and my rough ride is from the skinny rubber under me, and not from the springs. The trick with the tanabe springs is that after 2 months you'll find that it lowers you a little more than 2". If the PA roads are that bad, go with the tein or TRDs.
Old 08-23-2006, 01:25 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

^^^Thanks so much, thats what I needed to know!^^^
Old 08-23-2006, 04:05 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

Look at the Tein S-Techs that JSC Speed is offering in the sponsored sale section...He quoted me $140 shipped to Az...In my opimion, the H-Techs won't be low enough for you...I have the Gold-Lines and have so for over 20,000 miles and I love them...IMO, I think the S-Techs will offer the vest compromise of what you are trying to accomplish...
Old 08-23-2006, 04:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Wagonistas
SL Member

BTW, the S-Techs are a 1.7" drop in the front and a 1.5" in the rear...As you already know, the DF210's and Gold-Lines are a full 2" drop front and rear, with the DF210's settling even lower than that...
Old 08-23-2006, 05:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Do you think the S-Techs will be okay even though the roads in PA are awful? Also, since they don't make the Monroe's for the xB in particular, is there another brand I could go with that will do the trick as well as the Monroe's?
Old 08-23-2006, 05:44 PM
RMS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

YELOSUB speeks the truth. All I will add is I had H-Techs and they felt too "sloppy". Mainly because of the spring rate, it is lower than stock. I now have S-Techs and am very happy with them. I have just enough clearence when I pull into the driveway. As far as rough roads go, I Just dodge the potholes, I'm sure we don't have as many as you do.

Seach Monroe, many threads on them.

PaRaGoNViCtiM - You never got your springs?
Old 08-23-2006, 05:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by PaRaGoNViCtiM
Do you think the S-Techs will be okay even though the roads in PA are awful? Also, since they don't make the Monroe's for the xB in particular, is there another brand I could go with that will do the trick as well as the Monroe's?
search. this has been covered already. use shocks for the echo.

and you'll have no probs with stechs. their not stiff, and not too low so city roads aint bad.