Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Anyone used Hotchkis comp swaybar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2010, 01:02 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Anyone used Hotchkis comp swaybar?

Does anyone have the 24mm Hotchkis rear sway bar on their box? It's the one they call "competition"? I was thinking about getting it because it is lighter than the stock bar...Supposed to be more rigid than a solid bar also. But, I have zero experience with swaybars. I'm trying to get one for my husband as a gift.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:45 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

Haven't use that specific one as I don't have a B.... but I certainly have experience with Hotchkis products including their sways on my tC. They make a very good quality product. I have both front and rear sways and lowering springs all from Hotchkis... with a few other suspension mods... it rides like it's on rails... Far superior to any other manufacturers I've used in the past.
Like I said... I don't have a B... but just my 2 cents on Hotchkis products in general being solid parts for the money. Hope that helps.
Old 01-20-2010, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member

5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Team ScioNRG

oh also wanted to ask... as per your SL I.D. and avatar here....
Is the Bug yours?.... just curious... I used to restore and also build custom VW's .... even had a '67 Bug I did years ago grace the center spread in Hot VW's
Old 02-09-2010, 07:50 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Yeah the bug is mine I really like diving it, it seems like a toy. Its got a 1914cc motor also, and a Single 44IDF carb that makes it really hard to start when its as cold as it has been.The xB is my husband's car. I'd like to see your bug! Do you still have it? I wish I had more time and money to put in my car It looks pretty good for a Virginia car, but it is going to need a repaint soon...
Old 02-09-2010, 07:58 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Mouse
Haven't use that specific one as I don't have a B.... but I certainly have experience with Hotchkis products including their sways on my tC. They make a very good quality product. I have both front and rear sways and lowering springs all from Hotchkis... with a few other suspension mods... it rides like it's on rails... Far superior to any other manufacturers I've used in the past.
Like I said... I don't have a B... but just my 2 cents on Hotchkis products in general being solid parts for the money. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the info, we put our sway bar on Thursday and it is great! Hotchkis bar looks to be really good quality, and definitely tightened up the rear suspension! Its not nearly so scary to wizz around turns now