Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Chassis Tech air cylinder kit (PIX)

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2005, 01:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Chassis Tech air cylinder kit (PIX)

hey here is a pic of the new air suspension set up i installed, http://www.cardomain.com/member_page...24_25_full.jpg acutally not but i am ordering the kit and should produce similar results, just messing around with photoshop and came up with that i likey.....
Old 02-15-2005, 02:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Becareful with Chassis Tech products. They tend not to last as long as you want. I bought a compressor and some airbags for my truck and the bags were cheap and also the compressor kept on overheating.
Old 02-15-2005, 07:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

how does the chassis tech system compare to the easystreet and airlift?
Old 02-15-2005, 07:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please for the safety and well being of youf XB stay away from Chassis Tech, it will break. Go with either the easystreet or FBI mini set up. Both are really good and will last longer then Chassis Tech
Old 02-15-2005, 08:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

stay away from cylinders

get bags/air struts
Old 02-16-2005, 01:18 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

this kit down, i knew something was up when i asked for an awsome price, and he was like 800 shiped, then was like its not a new kit been out on the market for a while and stuff, but im looking for a really good price, but sorry chassis tech u gots ta go....... lol so which kit is better now, i saw boxillas box on the fbi kit i assume, and i heard the front struts on the easystreet stick when dumped........let me know i am looking into a kit soon, also will i loose handling and stuff, cuz i have holdlines and i like them, but want to dump it at times, i know it could be ____ty, but if you do it right it is better than springs i hear.........let me know though, thanks for the warning on chassis tech stuff.
Old 02-16-2005, 02:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Saw the Easy Street Cavalier last year at a show, and a buddy of mine is sponsored by them... they are AWESOME. extremly high quality parts and the guys from the company I talked to last year were great to deal with.

Was fun watching them lay frame a cavalier.
Old 02-16-2005, 03:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

Boxzilla's box is an all around FBI kit...

Ive done about 3 weeks or more of research on the fbi vs. all other kits, and hands down, price to worth ratio.

I have also seen 8 or more kits up close, and after seeing the install on boxzillas box, omg. i'd get that any day.

my advice? call 1-877-324-6464 for Fender Bender International, and ask for Phil; the resident expert on xB air.

~Hitesh
Old 02-16-2005, 03:33 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

to each their own I personally like the easy street kit better but just do the research and either choice you make will be a good one as both kits that are out there are good ones.
Old 02-16-2005, 05:42 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fusionscion
but sorry chassis tech u gots ta go.......

This is an email I got from teampneumatik.com

I would go with them

The scion kit includes front air struts (ajustable shock with easystreet
airbags). 4 inches of stroke
The rear includes easystreet sleeve type bags. 5 inches of stroke
It comes with a 100% duty compressor, a 5 gallon tank, 4 smc 3/8 FAST
valves, brass top quality fittings, airline and everything you need to hook
up everything together.

The complete kit is: $ 1424.00 US

Please let me know if you want to place an order or if you have any other
question.

Thanks !

Joe Nathan

http://www.teampneumatik.com
Toll free: 1-866-699-9AIR(9247)
Old 02-16-2005, 09:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by fusionscion
this kit down, i knew something was up when i asked for an awsome price, and he was like 800 shiped, then was like its not a new kit been out on the market for a while and stuff, but im looking for a really good price, but sorry chassis tech u gots ta go....... lol so which kit is better now, i saw boxillas box on the fbi kit i assume, and i heard the front struts on the easystreet stick when dumped........let me know i am looking into a kit soon, also will i loose handling and stuff, cuz i have holdlines and i like them, but want to dump it at times, i know it could be ____ty, but if you do it right it is better than springs i hear.........let me know though, thanks for the warning on chassis tech stuff.
the easystreet kit was originally having problems with the struts sticking, but that has been fixed
Old 02-16-2005, 11:14 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I suggest going with FBI mini . great service , great product , great price,
And you dont have to cut your top bracket where your rear spring is! once you cut it your stuck with bags plus with FBI you can install it all under the car so those of you with custom speaker boxes in the rear as my self this is the kit for you!

Give the guys a call @ 1-877-FBI-MINI
everyone I have spoke with knows there stuff
Old 02-16-2005, 11:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

the fbi kit is good but the double convoluted has too much lift for me , and fbi runs easystreet front setup , it is interesting to me that team pneaumatik is just re selling the easy street i wonder what they have changed / havent changed. the fbi switchbox and air management is better than easy street . Oh one last thing only a small piece of the rear spring mount needs to be cut and can be reused for stock spring use.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Another thing i've noticed is that when dealing with vendors in this line of parts... you gotta ask A LOT of questions up front, and ask that they provide things in writing before you give them your money. My friend bought some parts from a big name air vendor and they ended up just having stuff drop shipped to him from the manufacturers... but the best part is those manufacturers had never made anything for his car even though they said they did, and to make a long story short.... it was NOT A GOOD EXPERIENCE.
Old 02-16-2005, 12:13 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by hotbox05
the fbi kit is good but the double convoluted has too much lift for me , and fbi runs easystreet front setup , it is interesting to me that team pneaumatik is just re selling the easy street i wonder what they have changed / havent changed. the fbi switchbox and air management is better than easy street . Oh one last thing only a small piece of the rear spring mount needs to be cut and can be reused for stock spring use.

lift is a good thing when you need it. its all about how low you can go
as for team pneaumatik i spoke to them and gauge (project fusion) special deal.
and both told me they where using the same items but team was higher priced then the special. and your correct that FBI has the best air mangement and the best sytem . I have looked for many months and have talked to alot of people
and FBI got my business and friendship!
Old 02-16-2005, 10:54 PM
5 Year Member

Which kit is it on the FBI site that you guys are using on your Xb's? I'm really considering bagging mine. I know on trucks you can use lowering springs with the bags can you do that on the Xb's also? Thanks in advance.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:06 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

most people run the basic air management with the easystreet fronts and fbi rear.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:09 PM
5 Year Member

Thanks for the quick reply. So could I add this on top of say the tein lowering springs or do you use just the kit? I had both on my Chevy but these are a little different.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:10 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sadistic
Thanks for the quick reply. So could I add this on top of say the tein lowering springs or do you use just the kit? I had both on my Chevy but these are a little different.

you would do away with your springs.
Old 02-16-2005, 11:13 PM
5 Year Member

Okay thanks I actually have a stock Xb right now just don't want to waste money on springs if I can't use them.

Quick Reply: Chassis Tech air cylinder kit (PIX)