Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Chassis Tech air cylinder kit (PIX)

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2005, 11:16 PM
5 Year Member

What is that white stuff in those yards? It was 73 degrees here in ALabama today...love the car...
Old 02-16-2005, 11:23 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sadistic
Okay thanks I actually have a stock Xb right now just don't want to waste money on springs if I can't use them.
Wise man
Old 02-16-2005, 11:49 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by unlmtdndeavor
Originally Posted by fusionscion
this kit down, i knew something was up when i asked for an awsome price, and he was like 800 shiped, then was like its not a new kit been out on the market for a while and stuff, but im looking for a really good price, but sorry chassis tech u gots ta go....... lol so which kit is better now, i saw boxillas box on the fbi kit i assume, and i heard the front struts on the easystreet stick when dumped........let me know i am looking into a kit soon, also will i loose handling and stuff, cuz i have holdlines and i like them, but want to dump it at times, i know it could be ____ty, but if you do it right it is better than springs i hear.........let me know though, thanks for the warning on chassis tech stuff.
the easystreet kit was originally having problems with the struts sticking, but that has been fixed
can i ask what was the problem, were the bags wrong or suttin, or do you justh ave to cut more metal now.........are any of these kits fairly simple to install?
Old 02-17-2005, 02:54 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Originally Posted by bBism
I suggest going with FBI mini . great service , great product , great price,
And you dont have to cut your top bracket where your rear spring is! once you cut it your stuck with bags :
This is untrue. The FBI kit is the EASYSTREET KIT with different air management... There is cutting of the perch and there are 12 holes that have to be drilled in the rear of the car to mount the bags.
Old 02-17-2005, 06:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

oic, do you have any price info on this kits, and which is the better kit, would the fbi be better if the managment is swaped, and the perch? is that up front? or what
Old 02-18-2005, 11:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrianxB
And you dont have to cut your top bracket where your rear spring is! once you cut it your stuck with bags :
This is untrue. The FBI kit is the EASYSTREET KIT with different air management... There is cutting of the perch and there are 12 holes that have to be drilled in the rear of the car to mount the bags.
I just spoke with Phil from FBI and he told me that everything is bolt on, you don't have to cut a thing. Although you do have to drill a few holes but not 12 of them. Where did you get this information? Do you know first hand?
Old 02-18-2005, 12:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by BrianxB

sorry bro your wrong
Old 02-18-2005, 01:38 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Our rear kit uses a ContiTech double convoluted 2400# airbag mounted on custom perches that DO NOT require cutting the spring mount off your frame rail! You will need to drill 4 holes per side to mount the upper perch, but your stock spring can be reinstalled within an hour if you needed to. I know the pictures aren't the best, but here's the bag and brackets:

There is enough lift in the front to ALMOST put the front valance on the ground- yeah, it's not necessary, but it looks really cool! And if you don't want to lift it that much, you don't have to!

-Phil
Old 02-19-2005, 04:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

People need to know what they are talking about before they speak.
Assuption is the mother of all f______!
I can attest to Phil and the FBI kit.As I was one of the first with his kit.If not the 1st.
I love the kit and have been really happy with it as well as Phil's knowledge and expert advice.
The only thing I have an issue about,is that its to damn fast!How many people with bags have you heard complain about it being to fast?I didnt want speed.Only adjustable suspension.
I have since slowed it down.Thats the thing with air,you have a lot of different approaches and adjustability to tune the kit to your liking.
When you want to know something about a company's kit,ask someone who has experience with the kit.I do all of my own work.The kit and cups that FBI uses are quality stuff.As he said,you can go back to stock in a matter if minutes on the rear.
I have been really satisfied on my stuff from FBI.
Old 02-19-2005, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

what did u have to do to the front, i noticed u said u can convert the rear back to stock but not the front, thats cool with me though iwouldnt mess with that..... but what did u do, and did you have rubbing issues, i have 18 by 7.5" rims with 215/35 tires, they are slim, i think would work, but did u have to rol lthe fender s or suttin like that..............ooo and how much did u score the fbi kit for......at the moment im leaning to that.................what is wrong with a fast kit, except if its too fast, the bags rip off the mounts, my buddy has a balck s10 nitrogen filled bags went to lift up on the highway ripped off his right rear bag and drown 15 miles with no suspesnion on that side........lol sucked but im sure it isnt that fast.................. hearing good things aobut that kit though
Old 02-19-2005, 09:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

in order to put the front back stock you just mount your strut back on .