Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

CONTEST WINNERS: Hotchkis Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 01:53 AM
5 Year Member

1.I have had my box for since june and have been limited on what I can do to my car this time around.

2.Thus far I have a sub in it and nothing more.

3.Do to lack of funds that is all that has been complete on what was suppose to be considered a new project.

4. I am looking to get my intreast sparked to get this project going like I have with vehicles in that past because I know the xB has alot of potential.

5. Lowering it is the 1st step to get a project truely started.

6. I am a nice guy

7. Once a project gets close to completion the repesentation both companies would recieve is worth more then its weight in gold.

8. Well respected in the Arizona Custom car community,

9. Stock height cars are no fun

10. Again I am a nice guy
Old 09-23-2004, 02:12 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I believe that I should win these springs because I have onyl had my xB for 2 months and I have been going to shows and slowly adding things to it as I go. I would be a great candidate for getting the Hotchkis springs seen by a lot of people. I attend every show that comes along in my area and I even go to out of town ones that I can make it to. I have been thinking of getting lowering springs but have not decided on a brand yet. By winning these it would solve my problem while advertising for Hotchkis. I like to keep things neat and if I ended up with Hotchkis springs that would also mena I would end up with Hotchkis sway bars and strut tower brace. Having these products on my car would be a nice investment for the company because they would be seen at shows like the NOPI Nationals, Daytona Beach on Spring Break, and many many more local shows. If I am picked you would surely agree that you have made the right choice and be confident that I would represent the company well.

Erik
Old 09-23-2004, 02:32 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Before buying a toaster, I used to drive a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse. It wasn't that fast in a straight line, but on ultra high performance summer tires and some suspension work, I've had quite a few people ask me why I don't brake... and my reply was always, "Because I don't have to."

I know the xB is slow. You know the xB is slow. The Geo Metro that just passed you at the traffic light knows the xB slow. Don't get me wrong, I love my xB, but it's the last car that I would ever have thought about buying. I drooled over Honda S2000s and BMW M3s, but my Scion xB is more than just a box with 4 wheels: there's something about the xB that makes it so much more fun than anything else I've ever driven.

As a Scion owner, how many times do you sit in bumper to bumper traffic, look at your car and grin? I don't know about you, but I do it every day. It doesn't matter if I'm driving on a winding back road or creeping along in 2nd gear at 10mph -- I love driving my car. Speed is irrelevant to me.

We both know that you're reading these forums because you have a passion for Scions. Owning a Scion is more than discussions about horsepower and 0-60 times: we make threads about how elated we were when we found out that we could fit two mountain bikes in the cargo area. We also posted our best gas mileage.

I guess you could call me a "ricer" or an "import tuner", but I have no power-adder modifications on my car. I don't believe in straight line acceleration either, but I also believe that a well-tuned suspension more than makes up for it.

I will probably never install a DC Sports 4-in-1 ceramic header, a full header-back exhaust system, or the Blitz supercharger. However, my plans do involve lightweight alloy wheels, high performance tires, a chassis frame brace, an anti-sway bar or two, and some TRD shocks/struts and springs (unless someone would like to donate a JIC Magic FLA-T2 setup to me).

When the next season of SCCA Solo events comes around, I would like to show people that I can do just as well in a toaster as I could in a sports car, if not better. My friend actively races his Honda Prelude VTEC and he says that I should just race my Eclipse because the xB isn't worth it, but there is never a substitute for good handling -- on or off the track.

Anyways, if I could manage better lap times than a highly modified H22 with twice the power output of an 1NZ-FE, it might put an end to that Honda ego problem... and give Scion owners something to brag about.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
AlphaSquad

SL Member

I should get them because you guys would'nt sponsor me and because my xB is so damn original!

Tilt hood
Polished Diamond plate splitters(front,side and rear)
Hundreds of LED's(inside and outside)
Painted Dash and Engine to match

Just look at my profile!

Did I mention Hotchkis would'nt sponsor me?
Old 09-23-2004, 02:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
DeepSouth Scions
SL Member

Default Why I Need a Drop

Its kinda hard trying to explain to somone elese why I think I need something, just does not feel right. But here is my story.

I got my 2005 Camo xB for my 16th birthday, and am very happy with it. As everyone, I have plans for my xB, lowering, wheels, grills, emblems, lights, security system, tint, etc. Needless to say, that is alot of cash (for me). I have a full load at school right now all AP, Honers and Accelerated courses with debate competetions almost every Friday and Satuday at the top high school in Arkanasas, Fayetteville High with a 3.5, and I barely have time to write this note. A job is somthing I cannot get until summer rolls around if I am not out college searching and taking tests I still would not have enought to get started on my list. Any spare change I have is spent on gas and food at school. A set of lowering springs would he extremly helpful, in helping me get closer to my compleated list. Fayetteville is a very twisty area and being able to turn those corners fast are important :twisted: . I have been looking at Tein, TRD, Hotchkis, and Goldline very closely and am looking at your spings because of your rep and quality products. I have only herd good things about your company and think it is very nice to offer these springs to the members of ScionLife. I am rocking the twist caps, and will be for a while, and a set of springs would definatly enhance the stance and apperance. My parents are not really keen on me modifying my car, making it all the more harder to get things done. But they cannot say no to a free set of springs... I am living in Fayetteville Arkansas a town in North West Arkansas and have one of the 2 xB's and the only camo xB. Not like it does not stand out already, but springs would only add to that attention and of course bring attention to the company who made it happen. My xB has never been to a carwash and I take very good care of my car and its accessories and will always sparkle. Also, I am a rather active member of ScionLife and have been around for a while and post when I can. ScionLife is a great site and has helped me in the past I hopefully it will this time too. You can look around and see many post about me asking about prices and my lists of things I want done. It is something I want badly.

That is in the ballpark of 10 reason maybe a little more
Thanks
-Nathan Thomas

After reading this thing about 7 times I think I am ready to post
Old 09-23-2004, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

why should I win the Hotchkis lowering springs ........ Hmmm, lemme see.

I can not think of any reason better than any already listed here. Have a mortgage, 2 kids involved in theater which drains my bank, wife has fixed income on disability due to car accident 7 years ago ........ we all have expenses to go with our wants and need lists.

I have a clean TCM xB sittin in my driveway that would look sweet lowered by Hotchkis and push me to get those rims I keep eying up.

Thats my .03¢ ....... Thanks 4 listening
Old 09-23-2004, 02:58 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

well, first I would like to get a Hotchkis front windshield banner, but it would be so uncool to have the banner without Hotchkis parts on my box.

As for the springs themselves, I need to have surgery do to an arthritic right hip and left knee. The lowered springs will help me get in and out of my xB will less pain, both before and after I have surgery [please insert great rivers of tears here]. so others may WANT them or cry POOR for them, for me it is a MEDICAL necessity. Which is the same reason I bought the xB in the first place.

edit: my insurance company has stated that the springs are NOT a covered Item on my insurance plan
Old 09-23-2004, 03:01 AM
Banned
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. I am a poor high schooler, not a college student, who is trying to find adequate funds to make it to school while still making my Scion xB look cool.

2. I have 17 inch wheels (not these 19s or w/e people above have) and if you have seen my wheel gap....you would see I need them incredibly badly.

3. I am one of the founders of a Nebraska club which will have its first meeting October 3rd. I would love to have a nice looking box to show with other Scion lovers.

4. Hotchkis is one of the best aftermarket companies out there. I know there products, I know there quality, and I know it's best. I might have done this if other companies did this but I especially want the quality that Hotchkis has to offer.

5. This is a very petty reason but my car is one of the top vehicles in my parking lot at my school. With it lowered I know it would be best by far.

6. My insufficient funds will cause me to miss out on any lowering. Without this kit I would probably never get it lowered and everyone knows how sad that would be. The xB handles ok but is nothing compared to Hotchkis.

7. I am a complete, all out Scion fanatic. I'm willing to travel all over to show my Box. I love my car. It is just missing something like springs.

8. Very importantly I dont know how long I can go being asked "Is that a 4x4 SUV?"
Not only does it kill ego to think my box is 4x4 but it makes me realize how other people view my ride.

9. There are not many Nebraska Scions out there right now and I would be even in a more select crowd lowered. It would make me stand out a little better.

10. The Scion-Hotchkis relationship would be a breath of fresh air most of all. I love my Scion. I love Hotchkis. I think I need these badly. They are a must for someone like me without funds but is looking to have a great box!

I'm just asking for consideration just like many others. Good luck to everyone else wanting these and hope it goes to a good owner!
Old 09-23-2004, 03:30 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

1. i use the xb as a means to support my community
2. would love to have a badass car but school and family comes first (not to mention that i have college to think about in another year)
3.i have a pair of lowering springs that im currently using, but i would like to auction them off to raise money for my schools journalisim department
4.my dads funeral costs...nuff said
5.trying to get sponsorships just to make my car payments, and the look of new lower springs would prolly help.
6.i love the sound of speedbumbs attacking the bottom of my car. CrUnCh!!!..!! jk
7. the feeling of installing a new part on my car makes me feel good
8.my kids would probly like them too. (they call my car daddys ice cream truck)
9.so i can ____ off my ex
10.so i can drag my ex's dead body down the road a few feet after i run her cheatin ___ over.
Old 09-23-2004, 03:39 AM
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

I beleive I am the perfect canaidate for the lowering springs because of my misfortune I can no longer afford to customize my xb. I am just out of High School and I work 45 hrs+ I also enter my half stocked box into events such as NOPI and others. I am one of the five members of Scion Evoultion Memphis Chapter that was started up only a month ago. We need some sponsership badly and I feel this would help get sponship

Picture of my misfortune coming home from NOPI
Old 09-23-2004, 03:51 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Hey there...

1. I think I deserve the springs for many reasons. I am a college student with a
major in Business with emphasis on marketing and advertising.
2. Because of this, I can not go out and spend lots of money on my beloved xB.
3. I work 40hrs a week graveyard for a grocery store stocking shelves and such.
4. I love to go to shows and automobile events and sometimes will even stay up
more than 24 hours to do so. My xB has been in the Sacramento
Autorama/Import Motion.
5. I am part of Team NVS (North Valley Scions) and love to spread the word about
Scion and the products that companies have for them. When people stop me, I tell
them about Scion and show them what parts and mods I have done. Members of
my local dealership has thanked me for sending people their way.
6. I have no sponsors, but would gladly display your logo on my vehicle.
7. Your springs have been on my mind "really", but I have not been able to buy them.
8. I am always on this site and spread the word about it to people who ask about
Scion and parts for them. I also tell them about where good places to get parts
are.
9. I just want to end with I will not let you down and would be a very happy person
and could not thank you enough.
Thanks for you time. :D
Old 09-23-2004, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I have the Hotchkis Swaybar (the first thing I chose when I purchased my xb) and why not have the matching springs. Cant afford to do any upgrades or trick it out like I want. But those springs would be perfect on my car, besides no one takes care of there car like I do and those springs needs to go to someone who values there car like I do. I visist the Hotchkis web site every day and dream of putting many of your products on my car, this is my chance for my dream to come true . If not the springs Ill be more than happy to have my first sponsorship from Hotchkis.

Think about it.
Old 09-23-2004, 04:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

I think i would be the perfect candidate for the hotchkis springs because I had the money in my hand for the goldline special that vividracing had ready to go after it took 6 months to save up *My dad had kidney surgery and I paid for his hospital stay for the 3 weeks* and the night I was going to order the springs I get pulled over by the cops for crossing a double yellow line and it ends up costing me $147 dollars to pay the fine!!! hehe I also have the ticket and the hospital receipt to prove it
Old 09-23-2004, 04:26 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

I deserve them because you don't have to spend money to ship them. I can go ahead and pick them up myself. Then I will post them on ebay! LOL!
Old 09-23-2004, 04:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Premium Member

Top Ten Reasons I Deserve Free Hotchkis Springs...

10. Because I have a stock xA
09. Because the xA looks so much better with a drop
08. Because I'm a poor college student that can't afford springs
07. Because my xA sits taller than any dropped xB
06. Because even with full cargo, my xA still sits taller than any dropped xB
05. Because I'm tired of putting "JDM Rockchips" as a mod on car show applications
04. Because I heel/toe turns and I need better suspension :twisted:
03. Because an xA spring install FAQ would be given back in return :D
02. Because my dad asked if we can take my "truck" to the gun range
01. Because too many people use my sideskirt as a step
Old 09-23-2004, 05:13 AM
5 Year Member

I should get them not just for the looks, but for performance. I'm not gonna grovel about being a college student, yeah I also go to college full-time and work full-time, but just because they give being a college student shouldn't have bought the car in the first place if they can't afford the aftermarket parts that they want.
Old 09-23-2004, 05:46 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

...because xA's have a 4-inch wheel gap ('nuf said)
Old 09-23-2004, 06:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I think i deserve to win because i am on my way to fixing my car up. Ive ordered some wheels that are taking a while and these springs would go perfect when i get my wheels installed someday. So please give me the springs. It would look flush with 18 " wheels don't let me ride around without that scionlife style. another reason i should get these is because i got scionlife stickers on both sides of my xb.
Old 09-23-2004, 06:52 AM
5 Year Member

Well it would be a great birthday gift for my wife! since she loves her XB.

But being so far from the U.S. it cost so much to get one out to Guam.

And maybe we could Promote/Advertise for Hotchkis here on our Island @
local shows.
Old 09-23-2004, 07:11 AM
5 Year Member

1 I purchased 2 XB's
2 I go to Shows
3 I wan't to represent
4 I want to be sponsored
5 I only have enough cash to customize on of the XB's
6 I would definetely represent
7 Back to the money thing I support my wife and 2 kids I am the only one working.
8 I think it would be really cool to win
9 I would sport a huge Hotchkis Sticker on the ride
10 My wife would love it she has the car I haven't fixed up yet.

11 Most important "I want to be Pimp!"

Quick Reply: CONTEST WINNERS: Hotchkis Springs