Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

CONTEST WINNERS: Hotchkis Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2004, 09:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default my proposal:

My only justification for deserving these springs is that I can provide greatest returns to Hotchkis.

The only reason why aftermarket manufacturers give away their products is in hope that they will receive more in return. I can justify donating the Hotchkis springs to my xA because the relatively small investment in doing so will yield more returns to the company than handing them to anyone else on this forum.

I attend a community college where I commute twenty miles round-trip five days a week, so my car is constently being seen on the streets and where it is parked in the school parking lot. With that in mind, I am willing to sport a windshield banner and/or other stickers representing Hotchkis wherever i go. My car is also driven all weekend long each weekend everywhere from San francisco to San Jose to Santa Cruz to be seen during trips with my family and dates. With plans to transfer to San Jose CSU within a year, my daily commute will be 100 miles each round-trip from my house seeing all the stock scions to be inspired to invest in hotchkis products.

Attending all of the car shows I can has always been a habit i share between my friends and I. And, as soon as my car is ready, I will be proudly representing Hotchkis within the shows as a participant here in California where the import scene is relatively large.

I have a Hyper Ground System grounding kit, Pivot Raizin voltage stabilizer, Injen Intake, DC Sports strut bar and Eibach springs as for modifications to my xA now. The reason why i would swap out my Eibach springs for Hotchkis is for its proven performance and a lower stance to accommodate the 16inch 5zigen Fn01R-C's I will soon have installed. My future plans also include the Hotchkis sway bars (a donation of this one would be nice, too).The already attractive xA along with the modifications I have and will have are sure to attract plenty of positive attention people will associate with Hotchkis.

Providing the springs to me will yield a bigger pay off over the other candidates here at ScionLife. Please consider my sincere proposal.
Old 09-23-2004, 10:19 AM
5 Year Member

Because my xB realy wants it. He can't sleep, always thinking about them
Old 09-23-2004, 10:45 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Being a college student taking 15 credit hours and then working 32+ hrs at work doesn't leave much time for tuning since I also never have money. Im trying to get a new club started out here but don't have the mods that everyone else has and springs would be a great start. All my money is to just keep my Box, buy books and classes, and pay insurance. Being just 18 and living on your own is hard enough with going to college to get my education adds to everything. Ive been wanting springs for a while now but could never afford it so hopefully yall will pick me and I can start on some better mods now.
Old 09-23-2004, 11:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think I should be the winner because....................

- I have sweet rims and tires but I'm not lowered yet
- There aren't many girls on here
- My box will even attract more attention once it is lowered
- I'm pretty
- I won't be above taking pictures in front of my lowered box in a bikini...............
- Did I mention I'm pretty?????

So, when will I be getting those?
Old 09-23-2004, 01:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team ScioNRG

La unica razon por la cual yo deveria ganar es:

Porque soy el unico Hispano que ah respuesto a esta pregunta en español y seria un candidato perfecto para demostrarle a la comunidad hispana lo que se puede hacer a un Scion. :D :D :D

TRANSLATION:

The only reason why I should win is:

Because I am the only Hispanic person that replied to this question in spanish and I would be the perfect candidate to show the Hispanic community what sort of things you can do to a Scion. :D :D :D
Old 09-23-2004, 01:57 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

because i hate my job.

I'm thinking of becoming a professional street racer. I know my xb isn't going to win too many races, but i would look cooler losing if my xb was lowered.

And trust me, being a poor college student without a lowered car is much better than being a poor 9-5 working stiff even with a nice low xb. I wish I had a car to lower when i was in college.
Old 09-23-2004, 02:14 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

After reading all the posts, I think we all deserve the springs! I don't have any reasons other than what has been posted.

1. Broke
2. Wanna lower my box
3. Wish I could use hi quality parts
4. Would like to use hi quality parts for free
5. Would love to represent in an area with few scions
6. Would love to start showing my box in comp.
7. Hate the stock ride, but can't afford springs
8. Would make my friends jealous.
9. Did I mention broke?
10. My wife complains about the ride (cause it does suck!) so I don't get to drive a lot. (we take her car) SUCK!!!!!!

I hope the most deserving person receives these springs. Good luck to everyone!
Old 09-23-2004, 02:24 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

1. becasue they have the nicest springs
2. becasue i use their other products
3. because they will make my ride look very nice
4. because they will also make my ride perform
Old 09-23-2004, 02:27 PM
5 Year Member
Strictly Scionized
SL Member

Default i need those springs

i believe i should win those springs because as a college student in alabama at JSU i don't have all that free money to beable to do all the mods i would like to on my xa and i was just researching and came to the conclusion of trying to purchase the sway bar set and springs from hotckis i was at nopi last weekend and i stood at the hotckis vendor for probally about an hour just talking to the reps. and pricing parts. i would really love to win these springs and on top of that the scion life stickers would be on point to so don't forget about the bama boy trying to do all he can to his scion while putting himself the school . If these are won by me i would beable to save a lil more money and purchase my exhaust from scionlife store and it would make my ride so much cleaner. please scionlife help a brother out please
Old 09-23-2004, 04:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Hotchkis Top 10

10 reasons why I think I should get this kit.
With the reasons SET to spell out "GO HOTCHKIS"

1 – G
Going low is best done with a leader in the field. Hotchkis is that leader.

2 – O
Other manufacturers don’t excite me. AND other spring makers aren’t getting me to think about their name as creatively as Hotchkis has.

3 – H
Help me look cool, help me firm up my ride, help me maintain my permagrin (affixed since the birth of my xA on July 19, 2004). Hotchkis helps.

4 – O
Opulent finishes and extreme attention to detail make me want to adorn my car with Hotchkis products.

5 – T
Total control is achieved when your ride is suspended correctly. That’s right, Hotchkis is just the correctest.

6 – C
Cooooooooooooooool. Hotchkis. ‘Nuf said.

7 – H
Happiness is the knowledge that you’ve given your ride the best components and proper attention. I don’t want to upset the kharmatic universe by giving my baby anything less than Hotchkis.

8 – K
KISS. Keep it simple stupid. The design, installation and performance are simple the best. Why muck up your ride with other kits that require a Ph. D. to install and tune? Hotchkis for me!

9 – I
I just got a set of 17-inch wheels that want to be closer to my body. Lowering the xA with Hotchkis is the finest way to do this.

10 – S
Say it with me people…Go Hotchkis.

Thanks,
Old 09-23-2004, 04:22 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

My wife and kids don't get the whole Scion thing. I want to show them all the fun things you can do to these cars. I would also probably be the only lowered xB in SW Florida. Good advertising.
Old 09-23-2004, 08:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Evolution

Default hotchkis springs

Hello,
I'm Bryan Ricafort and I purchased my Scion Xb in June.
1. I have 19's and my car looks like a 4x4.
2. I have been looking at your site doing research I even logged in.
3. You're located in So Cal and I am in So Cal as well
4. I can come to the shop to pick up the springs
5. I have been searching for the right springs
6. I'm a college student and times are rough (since semester started)
7. I have a Polar white scion with bronze rims and those are very rare
8. I want to start showing my car and springs is one the most important options
9. See number one again.
10. I have a member in my club sponsored by hotchkis
11. I can do anything you ask. Promote, advertise or recommend.
I definitely should win I have eleven reasons. :D
Old 09-24-2004, 12:00 AM

1. I'm broke.

2. I like free stuff.

3. My girlfriend says my box looks like crap with 18's and no drop, she won't ride with me, and that makes baby jesus cry.

4. You can't pick up chicks to make your girlfriend(who wont ride with you) jealous when you look like a lifted shoebox.

5. My system got jacked and I'm spending all my money on replacing that, but I'd love to take a break from it and install some springs.

6. Hotchkis sounds neat-o.

7. I have NO mods other than wheels and a system, in the words of Oliver Twist, "Please, sir, may I have some more?"

8. I don't live where huricanes hit, so I don't need the extra clearence to drive in floods(sorry florida people).

9. All the other people in this thread club baby seals, you don't want the bad press.

10. If you don't pick me, Baby Jesus will cry...then you'll be no better than my mean girlfriend....you also might go to hell, God doesn't like it when people make baby jesus cry. So if you think about it, giving them to me, would save you from eternal damnation...if you think about it.

Old 09-24-2004, 12:26 AM
5 Year Member
Team ScioNRG

Default 10 Reasons

1. I love my xA
2. I have the Hotchkis Strut Bar
3. I plan on getting the rear sway bar by Hotchkis
4. The ride since installing the Strut Bar is about twenty times smoother (ahhh, no body roll!)
5. I have a set of 15" Enkei rims from my old car that I love and don't want to go bigger, the springs would help with the tremendously large wheel gap on the lovely little xA.
6. The xA is my daily driver and I am willing to put Hotchkis logos on my car anywhere that people will look
7. I try to participate on this site as much as possible and offer any advice or experiences I have had to anyone who wants help
8. My dealer commended me on my tint, and said that he was glad I was doing something to it besides just floormats, in the form of my TRD exhaust, TRS clutch, Hotchkis Strut Tower Bar, and plans to drop it to get that sticky road experience.
9. I keep the car meticulously clean in order to best represent the xA as a beautiful machine, since everyone and their mom buys the Mini and Civic HB around here.(I love driving by the Mini dealer and seeing people point at my wedge)
10. I am going to put a Hotchkis decal on the car anyway, and it would be best in my case to have the matching springs to go with my strut bar, so as to leave me from looking like someone who isn't brand loyal, which I am sometimes to a fault.

These are the reasons I thought of, but one other thing is that I am going to ask very nicely. Please consider me for the giveaway, or if not for the giveaway, for a consideration in the sponsorship department. I plan on participating in car shows as soon as it is possible. I am going to the Scion Exposed in Philly and would love to show people what an xA with Hotchkis only suspension looked like. I am only working my fulltime job right now, so that leaves my weekends free to be a rolling billboard at carshows and events for Hotchkis.. Thanks for you time.
Old 09-24-2004, 01:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default winner

umm, first off i tell things str8 up and try not to "front". but anyways i have the hotckis strut on my box and i think it would be cool to lower my car...... and the best reson why i should win, is the fact that i have never won anything in my life, and i already have a lava xB with many upgrades, and IM ONLY untill the end of this month and it would be an AWSOME BIRTHDAY PRESENT
Old 09-24-2004, 02:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

because I'm being totally selfless and saying that you should give them to Roy (IAxB), my clubmate, even though they would look better on my Lava .

-Alex
Old 09-24-2004, 02:54 AM
5 Year Member

Default Springs

Because my birthday is the 29th of September... and my glowing Xa would SO rock dropped!!

Old 09-24-2004, 03:02 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

10. i am on my third set of springs and don't care for them
9. i have spent so much on my car i am to broke to try new springs
8. they had a display at magnaflow nationals which is put on by my club kontradictions
7. i have their strut bar
6. i have never won anything before
5. i can get a hotchkis tattoo if paid for :?:
4. i broke up with my g/f and i need something to curl up with at night
3. i will represent the company with a positive attitude
2. i help out as much as i can on scionlife
1. i am the number one poster :D
Old 09-24-2004, 03:37 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

I'm from Iowa.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Please give me the springs because I said please.

I drive a very lonely xA in the Memphis area where the enthusiasts are all driving xBs. I can't afford to do ahlf of what the xB owners are doing to their rides but would REALLY REALLY like to find a way to get girls to stop saying my car is cute and to get guys to say it is cool instead.

Oh and again because I said please.

Josh Travis

Ship To:
2698 Quito Drummonds RD
Drummonds, TN 38023

Quick Reply: CONTEST WINNERS: Hotchkis Springs