Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

CONTEST WINNERS: Hotchkis Springs

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2004, 05:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Everybody has a sob story, or some long drawn out reason. I will just be straight foward and honest... Ive never had a hotchkis product, and if they want to stand by their product then they have to make me a believer. There are many other choices out there, why shouldnt I go with them.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

i think i should win cause i never win anything, and im a poor college student, and my grandfathers xb is hook up, and mine is stock, please pick me, dont let me be beat by a senior citzen.
Old 09-24-2004, 05:54 AM
5 Year Member

10. My xB needs something to compensate for a lack of independent rear suspension.
9. It's not a truck or SUV. Who care's about ground clearance?!
8. It would make loading and unloading my bicycle so much easier.
7. Installing springs is a lot easier than dropping the seats.
6. Besides, there'd be too much headroom by dropping the seats, and I can't afford a chop.
5. A lowered xB gets better gas mileage, right?
4. I'm working on building the ultimate anti-Hummer -- lower is better.
3. I'd finally be able to get to center of the roof when I'm washing it without using a foot stool.
2. My new reply to "Hey, what've you got in that thing?" would be "Hotchkis!"
1. The night we bought our xB, my son said, "This car is SOOO COOL! This is MY car!" He's 4 years old. I need the springs to give him a head start on mods.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:31 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scinergy

i would like to win the springs cuz im a poor white boy with a white car and i just cracked my front lip of my car and now i have to buy the front lip in which i was going to buy springs with that money now i cant cuz of the front lip i been saving my birthday money and x mas money for the springs now i dont have money for them cuz i have to fix my front lip cuz its draggen on the floor so this would really make a white guy happy if i were to win this do it not just for me do it for my 8 kids they would really love u for it cuz they drive my car to we all share one car so this would make the way cooler well that what they said cuz the car is all stock and i had it for a while now so plz help us we are poor trailer trash people
Old 09-24-2004, 10:29 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Me, because my wife wont let me buy them!
Old 09-24-2004, 02:02 PM
5 Year Member
Scinergy

1. Because my 30th birthday is coming up in a couple of months and I don't wanna feel old.

2. Because I have really cool 18" rims, but in order to lower my xB, I have to get new tires (215/40's are too tall). Which is going to cost me about $400.

3. Because along with the other "top secret" mods I have ordered this week, these will help my Scion win the contest for ScinergyIA's travelling trophy!!

4. Because I have NO stickers on my car at all (not even Scion emblems). It would be solely a Hotchkis vehicle.

5. Because giving me the springs would force me to buy the strut.

6. Because my 8 year old son would think it was REALLY COOL.

7. Because I live in central Iowa and there are a shortage of Scions in the midwest.

8. Because I'm a GURL

9. Because I work for a college and it makes for a great marketing environment.

10. Because I said "Please!!"
Old 09-24-2004, 03:33 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member

because im only a 17 year old kid and I cant afford anything
Old 09-24-2004, 04:03 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scion Dynasty
SL Member

I feel that I deserve the springs because I am going to scion exposed in philly and I have gone to VIP event II not to mention I make it a point to go to all of the car shows that I have in my area or in any of the states that are a part of the regional northeast. When people ask me about my car I tell them everything about it and explain how the car came to be and tell them about what all has been done to my car and who it was courtesy of. Street Glow, Pioneer, etc. and the only company whos part that I am missing so far that i can think of from my list is you guys.
Old 09-24-2004, 04:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

i would like to win so i can trade them for some tC springs
Old 09-24-2004, 05:18 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I deserve to win Free Hotchkis Springs because three months ago a drunk driver totaled my 2002 Echo, the first new car I ever bought, and my outlook wasn’t quite too good at the time, until I learned about Scion, two weeks later, I was happily riding in my 2004 xA, of course, the xA never gets as much love as the xB, so I was missing out on some love, but, I came to learn about the xA RS1.0, and I found myself thinking, “Why didn’t that drunk guy wait two months to smash my Echo,” because I’d much rather have a red xA than a silver xA, but I thought that maybe I could make my silver xA look nicer with some cool modifications, but that won’t happen because I don’t have any money, I don’t even have enough money to get married, I’m supposed to be getting married next May which is less than eight months away, and we’ve done no planning, because we don’t have any money, I keep trying to get another job, but nobody ever calls back, I did get one call from this lady and we had some trouble setting up an interview, so she said she’d call back, but that was over a week ago, so I’ve also started doing these internet survey things to try and “get paid for my opinion”, but now I get 100 spam e-mails a day and people call my cell phone all the time, I think I’ve made about $4 already, woohoo, I really need another job, because of the wedding but also my fiancée is in debt, and she makes no money, so I’m trying to help her with that, but it’s hard, of course it’s hard, anyways, I have no money for my xA, which by the way, was rear-ended two weeks ago, not so bad though, I just got the estimate done yesterday, and they are going to replace my bumper, everything is covered under my insurance, thankfully, so next week, I’ll get to roll in a rental car for a couple days, I doubt it will be my dream red xA, but as long as it’s not a Dodge Dakota like the last time, I should be OK, so after my bumper is replaced, I’m going to spring for it’s first wash, it’s really dirty, and it’s all stock, by the way, I have a $50 card for Scion accessories, but I don’t think that will buy me a rim, or a sport pedal, or anything nice, maybe, I can buy a shift ****, wow, I’d really like some rims, but that’s not going to happen, I look at them online a lot and I can never get them, so it just depresses me, wait, just a moment ago, my fiancée called and told me she’s pregnant which I already knew because she’s over a month late, so now I have to pay for a baby, which means, even if I did win Free Hotchkis Springs, I couldn’t afford to have them installed, yes, I am happy about my baby, of course I am, but babies are expensive and babies and spring installations will put me into debt, so I’m hoping if I do win some springs, they will include installation, which I know is not the case, so what the hell can I do?

Regardless, if I win some Free Hotchkis Springs, life would just be peachy.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:45 PM
5 Year Member

Default Give me the spings!

1. Because My wife won't let me get them.
2. Because My wife won't let me get them.
3. Because My wife won't let me get them.
4. Because My wife won't let me get them.
5. Because My wife won't let me get them.
6. Because My wife won't let me get them.
7. Because My wife won't let me get them.
8. Because My wife won't let me get them.
9. Because My wife won't let me get them.
10. Because My wife won't let me get them.
Old 09-24-2004, 08:59 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Don't have 10 reasons why I want them. I would like to lower my BOX. The main reason I haven't been able to is my Wife thinks it is low enough and I can't seem to sway her into my way of thinking. My best chance at a proper ride height would be to get them for free and then she would have to let me swap them out, then see it does truly ride better and Look better with such a fine product. Thank You and good luck to All
Old 09-24-2004, 09:04 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Default Pick me Pick me

I would like to win the springs mostly cause my husband really wants them but I personally think that a house is more important. Since The BOX is my daily driver, of course I would LOVE to be cool with springs.

Good luck to all.
Old 09-24-2004, 09:46 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

I really need these Hotchkis lowering springs more than anyone. I am a 4 ft. tall dwarf with one leg shorter than the other. I am bald, have a unibrow and a prominent third nipple which keeps me from riding around shirtless while perched upon the phonebooks atop my xB's seats. Instead of the stock handle above the drivers door in my xB, I had to install straps comparable to those on NY subway trains so I can hoist my happy, tiny ___ up into my ride.

Once I get these springs installed, I will no longer need an engine hoist to hang myself over the engine compartment to work on my motor. I will be able to use a step stool. I can loose the straphanger and get in my ride simply by using the curb. C'mon guys ...... make a little person happy :D .
Old 09-24-2004, 10:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Scinergy

Hey, that last guy took my idea! Okay, let me try again...

Because I'm a parts guy and I'm freakin' RICH! That's right, my car has all the mods and I got most of them for FREE BABY! Giving these springs to me would simply be following the natural order of things. If one of these "poor college students" walked away with them it would upset the status quo and begin a very bloody revolution. You don't want blood on your hands, do you? So, just end this now and send them my way. I'm sure you already have my address.

-Alex
RICH BABY!!
Old 09-25-2004, 12:44 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default PLEASE!

OVERHERE, OVERHERE, PLEASE!

I THINK I DESERVE THEM CAUSE I HAVE HAD MY XB FOR ABOUT 8 MONTHS NOW, AND HAD SO MUCH PLANS FOR IT WITH MY CREW SCION EVOLUTION. BUT A DEATH IN THE FAMILY WOULD HAVE ME NOT ONLY THE MAN OF THE HOUSE BUT THE FINANCIAL PROVIDER FOR MY TWO YOUNGER SIBLINGS! I JUST WANT TO HAVE WHAT I THINK I DESERVE. AND THATS WHAT IVE ALWAYS WANTED, A KILLER XB! PLEASE !

PLEASE! please. i just want something that doesnt come with a price!
Old 09-25-2004, 12:48 AM
5 Year Member

Default Why I should win...

:D Hey Wes,
My names Tim, I work the only Stand alone Scion Dealership in Oregon. I just recently bought an Xb in the Blue Onyx Pearl and I would like to "Pimp my Xb" to show it off to my cool customers. Plus I could get your springs on our Accessories list so I can make your company more money. And mine. LOL ... Good luck every body.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:34 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member

Because my birthday is in september and that would make an EXCELLENT gift.
Old 09-25-2004, 01:39 AM
5 Year Member

hey, why do i think i could use them. well i am 17 years old. and im in collge. i have a part time job. and get about 10-20 hours a week. that thats what im trying to live off of. as anyone knows that is barly making payments. it imposible to find a job in CA when ur only 17. i finaly got the one i have now but its a nice 30 miles away. the drive is actuly very nice in the scion. i live with my parents. and they also have a scion. so we are a scion family. my only mod. i have on my car is the dent i got when it rolled forward into a chain linked fence. i dont even have cash to fix that. all the cash i get goes right into my gas. with my girlfriend living an hour away the gas doesnt last to long and so i dont get to see her much. the new springs would be put to very good use. i have started a club here in fresno, but im like the only person that doesnt have any real mods. id like to put some style to my car other than my dent.
Old 09-25-2004, 02:10 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I think i should win because that would be a great corner stone to what can possibily be a great looking car.......wait the xb is already all of that! :twisted:

Quick Reply: CONTEST WINNERS: Hotchkis Springs