Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Durability of TRD Struts

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 04:43 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Default Durability of TRD Struts

As some of you may know my car humped a telephone pole the other day. My front passenger side wheel has been push back towards the door by about an inch. Now my major concern is that the strut has been damaged in the collision and what really sucks, is, it is one of the TRD Shocks from TRD peformance suspesion package offered by Scion.

Now while I'm praying the the damage is not to the strut, if it is, would it be possible to replace just one strut or am I going to be footing the bill for a whole new set of four?

Has anyone noted any issues with these struts bending or failing under conditions like what my poor car has gone through?

I will be removing the strut to inspect it sometime in the next few days and to get a much closer look at the damage caused in the accident.
Old 11-12-2005, 01:47 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

You cant really answer that question because no crash is the same. I can say that you I doubt youll be able to order just one strut unless there is a specific part number in Toyotas parts list for it.

Your strut may be alright though if the upper strut bushing "bent" enough to keep the strut rod from bending. Good luck.