Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Energy Suspension End Link Bushings installed!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 06:12 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rogcjms- Order the Energy Suspension End Link Bushing Kit. It's part #ENS-9-8122R. What you get is the bolts, washers, nuts, spacers, and bushings. Some have suggested buying shorter bolts, as the supplied bolts are too long. However, you can use the bolts in the kit by installing the spacer at the very bottom. The only problem is that they stick out from under the a arm about an inch. Hopefully, this helps you out. By the way, it was $23.64 and shipping only took two days.
Old 08-12-2006, 04:22 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by joshsbox
rogcjms- Order the Energy Suspension End Link Bushing Kit. It's part #ENS-9-8122R. What you get is the bolts, washers, nuts, spacers, and bushings. Some have suggested buying shorter bolts, as the supplied bolts are too long. However, you can use the bolts in the kit by installing the spacer at the very bottom. The only problem is that they stick out from under the a arm about an inch. Hopefully, this helps you out. By the way, it was $23.64 and shipping only took two days.
Wrong!!!! All you need is the bushings and washers. Go to Autozone and get the bushings and washers ONLY, they are red. They are under 15 bucks. Then you go and buy the 2-4" Grade 5 bolts and matching nylock nuts from a hardware store. Total mod was way under 20 bucks.

Why buy the kit with the spacers??? You don't use them so why pay for them?
Old 08-12-2006, 04:55 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Team ScionEyed
SL Member

sweet. Just bought some bushings. I'll get them installed ASAP.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:56 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
NM SCIONS

SL Member

hey jethro is there a peticular size for the bushings and washers?
Old 08-13-2006, 05:00 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

No they only come in the size you need. They are the only ones with just washers. You can compare size with the other kits that have the spacers and see they are the right ones. Just without the bolts and spacers. I wish I had saved the part # but they should be hanging in the same area as the other Energy kits.
Old 08-13-2006, 04:16 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

energy suspension has many UNIVERSAL kits and autozone,pepboys, ect...only stock certain ones HIGHLY unlikely to stock the ones needed for our application....youd be better off getting the correct ones needed online......as far as the bolt the one included could be used but IMO its better to go with a higher grade bolt 1in shorter for more reliabilty and strength.....i have done these and a very nice result from them.......i plan on installing the sway bar bushings when i remove the rear lower motor mount to have it filled with urethane
Old 08-13-2006, 10:39 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by deviousXA
energy suspension has many UNIVERSAL kits and autozone,pepboys, ect...only stock certain ones HIGHLY unlikely to stock the ones needed for our application....youd be better off getting the correct ones needed online......as far as the bolt the one included could be used but IMO its better to go with a higher grade bolt 1in shorter for more reliabilty and strength.....
You NEED to READ the OTHER posts before you post.
Auto Zone HAS the Energy Suspension bushings we need for the front application.
The part # is 9.8105R It comes with all the washers needed and the 8 red bushings. Then all you need are the 2 Grade 5, 4 inch long bolts and and 2 NYLOCK nuts.
I got tired of hearing MIS-information and called my local Autozone and got the part# I used on my toaster.
Old 08-14-2006, 01:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

dude i did read the previous post..... dont mock me like im some fool.......your implying that all autozones will have them just because the one you went to does......i know personally that here in tucson not one autozone,checker,pepboys, ect. stocked the complete kits or just the bushings so crank down your testosterone jag off and understand that NOT ALL AUTOZONES HAVE EM!!!.....i had to order mine from energy directly.....thank you and have a nice day
Old 08-14-2006, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by deviousXA
dude i did read the previous post..... dont mock me like im some fool.......your implying that all autozones will have them just because the one you went to does......i know personally that here in tucson not one autozone,checker,pepboys, ect. stocked the complete kits or just the bushings so crank down your testosterone jag off and understand that NOT ALL AUTOZONES HAVE EM!!!.....i had to order mine from energy directly.....thank you and have a nice day
WAA WAA Bite me!!!! My store is a little rural store that doesn't have much at all but they do carry Energy stuff. That being the case most other larger stores should too. To bad so sad that your store didn't carry them but they would have been able to get them from their wharehouse the next day anyhow. STOP giving BAD info to others without knowing what the heck you are talking about.
Old 08-14-2006, 02:39 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

you really are delusional arnt you?.....i am a manager of a shop and deal with many distributors on a daily basis.....i contacted every one of the retail stores i stated knowing they carry SOME energy items but not much.....with no luck finding what i needed forcing me to order directly from them.....now you state that im giving bad info or somthing.......if saying dont rely on your local store and save the effort by ordering online and saying not all stores stock the same things is bad info you are the most dense person ive encountered
Old 08-14-2006, 02:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Oh well I wasted enough time on you. Just stop encouraging people to order the whole kit from places where they need to pay shipping.
1. They don't need the whole kit
2. The kit costs over 8 dollars more then just the bushings and washers.
3. Most all places that sell Energy stuff will have this part number in stock.
Seems to me you are the dense one if you can't understand the words you are reading. If that's the case you might as well just throw your computer in the garbage now and save us from having to read your lame advise. You prolly don't even know how dumb you sound and I hope people can read what you say and know it's nothing but bull.
Bottom line is that AutoZone carries Energy stuff and I am 95% sure that most can get them without having to order them on line. Just ask for part # 9.8105R
Old 08-14-2006, 05:48 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Boy oh Boy it is heating up in here!
Old 08-14-2006, 05:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

Originally Posted by swede
Boy oh Boy it is heating up in here!
Not really. I just didn't want someone getting the wrong info and took a stand against it. It's been that sort of day. Sorry If I came across a bit strong. I'm just tired of dealing with a certain sort of people if you get my meaning.

On a brighter note... Has anyone that wanted these parts made a trip to the store to see if they had that part #?
Old 08-14-2006, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
ScionERA
SL Member

sorry to hear its your time of the month.......but what "wrong information" is being given?...........i mean really explain to me how suggesting to people that obviously have internet access......to look for the part online as ONE OF THE OPTIONS......not the only option like you seem to be making this into, is giving out "wrong information"???
you state to me that i should read the previous post......did you even read what i had wrote?......by your ignorant reply i didnt think so......i never said you had to buy the complete kit (bolts,washers,bushings,& locknuts) i did say "i know personally that here in tucson not one autozone,checker,pepboys, ect. stocked the complete kits or just the bushings".......you can be bent all youd like, make conspiracy theories,rant on with your "this guy is BLAH BLAH BLAH because he stated his personal experience and i cant comprehend that simple idea so hes tell you BS and bad info" comments......i dont know what ever floats your boat ..... i have better things to do and to all who read this all i ever ment to state was there are more options then relying on your local parts store.....they may have the bushings and they might not in my case they didnt......its up to you if you want to seach your area for them or just order them online they come in complete kits or just the bushings w/ washers no matter what way you go or how you get em im sure youll like em i know i have.......and your not wrong in any way or stupid for choosing one way to obtain them over the other even tho in some peoples eyes you are Cough...jethro.....Cough.....just enjoy the ride and happy tuning
Old 08-14-2006, 06:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

You stated that is was "HIGHLY" unlikely that AutoZone will have them. That is just WRONG plain and simple. In what way are people to believe that?

You also told everyone to get the whole kit but why buy stuff that you don't need? ie: spacers and bolts that are too long to use
You push your opinion like it's gospel. It also sounded like you didn't read any of the other posts before you shot off your mouth. You sound like a fool.
Do us all a favor and just go away. We were doing fine before you stuck your nose in and started spewing your untruths. You are too opinionated. Thats your main problem and it wouldn't be a problem if you were right! GO AWAY PLEASE???
Hopefully you didn't chase everyone away or give them a bad impression of this site.

It's also funny how in your last post you completely changed what you said in your first.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
NM SCIONS

SL Member

hey hey no fighting now. Well went to Auto Zone today for something else but I saw the engery suspension kits. I did see just the red bushings and the spacers only for like $10. They also had them in black too. I may pick them up tomorow and install them.

Question though, are these only for the front? or can they be put on in the rear. The kit comes with 8 bushings
Old 08-20-2006, 01:20 AM
TJ
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Just for the front
Old 08-21-2006, 09:55 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've had this done for a while now. It's definetl worth the $15.

i've noticed better hadnling, and better ride!

4 bushings go on each side. it goes: bolt head-washer-busshing-swaybar-bushing-washer-washer-bushing-control arm-bushing-washer-nut.

at least that's what i'm imagining in my head atm.
Old 08-23-2006, 05:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Music City Scions
SL Member

say that 5 times fast...LOL
Old 08-26-2006, 07:20 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Do the polyurathane bushings make noise. I was talking with a guy at the tire store and he said that if I install the endlink bushings that they will "squeak real bad." Is this true?
Also, is it tricky to get the stock end link bushings out? Do you have to spread the arms apart to get'em out?

Quick Reply: Energy Suspension End Link Bushings installed!!!!