Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

goldlines vs tanabe df210 who wins?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2005, 12:19 AM
5 Year Member

Default goldlines vs tanabe df210 who wins?

goldlines vs tanabe df210 who wins?
Old 01-31-2005, 12:28 AM

The cheaper one?

Old 01-31-2005, 12:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by cloudnine
The cheaper one?
what are the prices?? i got goldlines for 148 shipped and i love them.....the 18's sit perfect in the wells now.................... how much for tanabes???
Old 01-31-2005, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

I say Tanabe DF210 only because I have those springs on my xA..haha.
Old 01-31-2005, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Defined3
SL Member

My DF's were like $145.00 shipped, thanks to some of the fellow ScionLifers who helped me find that price.

I just installed them today & I can't say I have a complaint about them. The xB is low as h*ll and the ride is quality considering a 2" drop. I love em :D

I have also heard good things about Goldlines as well !
Old 01-31-2005, 01:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

i'd say tanabe , but please do a search. please please please , i mean god - damn this has been talked about like 1,200 times , lol
Old 01-31-2005, 01:05 AM

Originally Posted by fusionscion
The cheaper one?
what are the prices?? i got goldlines for 148 shipped and i love them.....the 18's sit perfect in the wells now.................... how much for tanabes???
Goldlines are cheaper then Tanabes by around 20 bucks and perform pretty much the same.

After that, it's all about the name brand you feel more comfortable with ^.^

Old 01-31-2005, 01:11 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

You could always just decide on color.......lol
Old 01-31-2005, 01:55 AM

Lol~ yea don't get Tanabes because their white and dirty easily!

...It's true!

Old 01-31-2005, 01:57 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

What color is your ride? I ordered Goldlines because I have a Camo box. White would have looked funny. I think the quality and ride is about the same.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

Originally Posted by fusionscion
The cheaper one?
Goldlines are cheaper then Tanabes by around 20 bucks and perform pretty much the same.

After that, it's all about the name brand you feel more comfortable with ^.^
lol i got the goldlines because everybody said they were a better quality, they are lovely, i love them... tanabes are about the same, goldlines broke me with the no sag guarentee...... tanabes sag over a period of time.. both great drop springs though.... goldines are yellow, and tanabes are purple... right?
Old 01-31-2005, 02:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Some tanabes are white, some purple.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:10 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got the goldlines i like the yellow color and the price was nice too like $148 not to mention the guarantee not to sag and the life time warranty you can't go wrong with goldlines,with 18" wheels and goldlines the xb looks a whole lot less boxy,i also notice that the ride is a lot better that the stock spring love my goldlines...
Old 01-31-2005, 02:20 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sol
Some tanabes are white, some purple.
the earlier tanabe's were purple, around mid 2004 they went to white. i got mine in january 2004 and they were purple. specs are the same though
Old 01-31-2005, 03:52 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

actually tanabes are normally cheaper than goldlines , the cheapest i can find gold lines are like 189 shipped and tanabes for like 149-155 shipped.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:19 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I've heard a lot of good things about Goldline and also the df210. Both seem to be great springs, I've heard that Goldlines are a little bit higher in the front then the rear. Most scion owners I've talked to with Goldlines cut the front to drop it more. According to Goldlines website it states 2" drop. Tanabe's website states 2.2" in the front and 2" in the back.

From Tanabe's website it also states about no sag:
Load Setting
We subject a larger load to our coil springs over the specified maximum safety load according to car models. By fully loading the spring 100%, we are able to fully determine whether the spring has been given sufficient tolerance. After this process, we paint the coil springs. Highly resistant to sag and deformity, high-quality and superior performing coil springs are born.

Used exclusively by several of the top winning JGTC and Formula Nippon race teams, the durability and strength are continuously tested on the track and proven as race winners. Whether your suspension tuning desires are for street or race, we have applications that meet and exceed.
Old 01-31-2005, 08:21 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Also when someone gives a lifetime warrenty for their product they know their product won't last. It's just their way of getting business.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:28 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Originally Posted by kidkamel
I've heard a lot of good things about Goldline and also the df210. Both seem to be great springs, I've heard that Goldlines are a little bit higher in the front then the rear. Most scion owners I've talked to with Goldlines cut the front to drop it more. According to Goldlines website it states 2" drop. Tanabe's website states 2.2" in the front and 2" in the back.

From Tanabe's website it also states about no sag:
Load Setting
We subject a larger load to our coil springs over the specified maximum safety load according to car models. By fully loading the spring 100%, we are able to fully determine whether the spring has been given sufficient tolerance. After this process, we paint the coil springs. Highly resistant to sag and deformity, high-quality and superior performing coil springs are born.

Used exclusively by several of the top winning JGTC and Formula Nippon race teams, the durability and strength are continuously tested on the track and proven as race winners. Whether your suspension tuning desires are for street or race, we have applications that meet and exceed.
I got Goldlines for $149 puls shipping ar Next Level Motoring.
Old 01-31-2005, 11:30 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

Also when someone gives a lifetime warrenty for their product they know their product won't last. It's just their way of getting business.
Thats a pretty general statement. I've had a few things with lifetime warrantie and never had a problem with them. Maybe they do it because they believe in their product.
Old 01-31-2005, 04:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sol
Thats a pretty general statement. I've had a few things with lifetime warrantie and never had a problem with them. Maybe they do it because they believe in their product.
Maybe they do believe in their product but maybe they expect it to fail later on

Quick Reply: goldlines vs tanabe df210 who wins?