Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

Help Choosing Rotors

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 04:46 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default Help Choosing Rotors

I want some cheap drilled/slotted rotors off e-bay to compliment some upgraded brake pads. They all claim zinc plating to prevent rust and vary from $110 shipped to $160 shipped. How do i filter out the junk and get quality? What exactly would i be looking for? Also if your a shop that sells them can i get your link. I want the rotors and cermaic pads to upgrade my brakes but not spend $900 on a big brake kit by wilwood.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:56 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

FYI, for great prices and quality products, check us out:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=DJ1&...akes/index.jsp
Old 07-23-2005, 09:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i got a set of brembo "blanks" that have been slotted and drilled (brembo does not do both) off ebay, and im very happy with mine, i have not noticed a HUGE difference in stopping, however it does seem to bite better, and sure looks better.......if i can locate my seller ill link his page, its been a while. but he did offer me a warranty...... looking back at it now, i would have perefered to get them from tirerack, but did not think to look thier.
Old 07-29-2005, 08:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I got mine from an Ebay seller called: raceconcepts

At the time I bought mine they had the rotors for $110 with free shipping. When making your comparisons be SURE to watch out for sellers shipping price on the rotors. The price may be lower on some but they will jack the shipping up on ya. Racingconcepts had the best feedback and pricepoint out of them all and I am very happy with the purchase. I can feel a difference in braking over the stock rotors. Just remember that after you install them you will need to give them a few miles to "set in". You may hear some weird noises and such or it may grip TOO much and want to lock a little but I promise once your pads get used to the new rotor it will go away in a few days. Personally, I thought the upgrade was worth it!
Old 07-30-2005, 11:52 AM

I got the same ones off of ebay and have not had any problems. Although it did take the company three weeks to deliver to me because they basicly made the rotors after I ordered them. Got the rotors and pads shipped to me for $110 also.

Pic of my rotors installed:

http://forum.istclub.com/album_pic.php?pic_id=899

Old 08-03-2005, 06:44 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

rotora makes good brakes bit over priced but they are good, brembo also
Old 08-03-2005, 06:47 PM
Banned
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scinergy
Scion Evolution

There will be an xB in Nor*Cal running the Brembo rotors, guess we'll know then.
Old 08-03-2005, 07:11 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
IV ACE

I got Power Slot Slotted Rotors, best upgrade I've ever done on my car so far. Make sure you get some Semi Metallic pads to go with the rotors. When you do an upgrade on something important, such as your brakes, I suggest you go with a reputable company, I strongly suggest you don't go cheap when you're doing a brake job, getting blanks made or slotting or drilling stock rotors is not the best idea. Im my opinion its pretty stupid, but thats my two cents. If you're in or near the San Frenando Valley (Los Angeles) area I know a few shops you can go to to buy your parts.