Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

How do I know whats to low(06xa Bagged)

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 08:35 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Default How do I know whats to low(06xa Bagged)

I am riding on 205/40/r17 with the new easystreet kit. My question is how do i know what is too low to drive at? I do not have the incabin psi guage setup yet( please do not remind me i need it , i know thanks) I am at a ride height with one finger room between the tire and fender(front) and two fingers between in the rear. I ride is smooth and does not rubb the fender well or bounce as if i was on cut springs. Second, is my alignment supposed to go off kilter with adjustment to front, rear, and fully decompressed. My alignment feels the best at the above stated height, any heigher and i have to compesate for pull to the right. I know not to ride all the way up and not to ride all the way down, but what is the definition of all the way down(decompressed??)

Thanks and pictures will be up soon
Old 05-25-2006, 08:48 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member

All the way down .. would be without air. With these suspensions you need to find your comfort level. Based on road conditions, personal comfort level and in your case alignment pull. Once you do get a gauge, you'll know exactly what PSI that is ..
Old 05-25-2006, 09:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

What you have found my friend is called the “sweet spot.” I take it you haven’t had it aligned yet?

What you need to do is take the car to get aligned and have them align it when you have it at the height you like best. This height will be the only height at which your car will be completely aligned, so make sure it is drivable. Any higher or lower and it can start throwing the alignment out of spec. It probably won’t be so much camber with our suspension design but the toe could be out.

As you stated, you’ll be much better off once you get gauges.
Old 05-26-2006, 08:15 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you for your replys, i found the sweet spot at one finger gap in the front and two finger gap in the rear(not tire rubbing at full turn), and as long as i dodge potholes im straight. I have the easy street kit (new) with the dampning front struts and it only bounces a little at very slow speed (school zones at 10 to 14mph) my worrys are
1. how strong are bags
2. i only cruise that low at even smooth pave not on I95(usually 2finger gap in front and rear)

3. had alignment done but i guess trying to find the sweet spot threw it off
I plan to get pics up soon, because i belive in my opinion i have the best 06xa on baggs yet.(IMOP)

Thank you for you help and anything I have not thought of or what you know to help avoid driving issues let me know( i dont want to ruinin my front end struts inperticular)

Ed
Old 06-02-2006, 12:19 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by octagon
i belive in my opinion i have the best 06xa on baggs yet.(IMOP)
Well Dam... now you gotta post a pic.
Old 06-07-2006, 05:28 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I know, how do i upload to the net?? From my email or do I have to do it from one of those create a car domain sites

I belive that all will like what they see
Old 06-07-2006, 05:31 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

From the tech section:

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=60317
Old 06-07-2006, 06:32 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member

Being on bags doesnt throw off the alignment adjustments that were made.

You really should have a set of gauges to know around what PSI that sweet spot that you found is. If you end up riding an inch higher than where you car was aligned, your alignment is useless to you.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:43 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thank you all, and yeah the guages are on the way. I just bought a camara today(power shot something). I have noticed that at lower than the sweet spot my power band is shorter( front end vibrates), but at a little higher(sweet spot the power band is fine. Pics will be up tonight