Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

how to get the VIP camber/stance....

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 06:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

i love that JDM VIP style.. wide wheels, with the tires stretched and a 3-6 degree camber.. ahhhhh niccee.. that two tone bB looks sick..
Old 10-15-2004, 10:49 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

cambered out isnt my style but it's nice. not me but still nice. i like havin no wheel gap but i dont really like the camber part of it. it's all good tho. no hatin here.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:33 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by ChefRaekwon
Oh those are useful. If you need them apparently your to low or you have no idea how to buy wheels with the proper offset.
Dude, have you ever been to California? Lip, tip and tuck is the cit!

Originally Posted by MyBoX
Toy xbox, did you get new wheels ?? Which style did you decide to go with ?? Sean
Just ordered these yesterday for my Christmas/New Years present... :D :D :D

Old 10-15-2004, 08:43 PM
ayS
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

yeah i need a good reason to spend some quality cash on some rims too...you just gave me a good excuse toy box! hehe....
Old 10-15-2004, 10:07 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

the funny thing is that vip is a fullsize car look, that aside i think it looks great on a box, and to all these people worried about tires, who cares, not like you need a tire that has a r compond or a zr rating, it just needs to be black round and holding air...remember these are not performance vehicles, so big lip and lots of tucking with stretched can be what its all about...hey ryan think ill need some camber with my 13s?

brent
Old 10-15-2004, 10:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Default Re: how to get the VIP camber/stance....

Originally Posted by xBofMNx
Originally Posted by MIKE DEGUZMAN
and this is coming from someone in minnesota, land of the true jdm style tuners....
well if that’s JDM I want no part in it...like I said before the only place I could see using something like this would be on a trailer queen show car otherwise be prepare for buying new tires a whole lot faster than you would with out them....as for the rice comment yes they are rice because there not practical (imo) and yes I regret ever owning a scion if this is the way that the owners are going to be looked upon
Audio Mods
Headunit: Eclipse CD5423,EQ: Audiocontrol EQS,X-Over: Audiocontrol 6XS,Amp: USA Amps USA-4300X,Front Speakers:,CDT CL-641,Rear Speakers:,CDT CL-6X,Amp: USA Amps USA-600,Subs: (2) Dayton 12-inch DVC

Body Mods
custom front grill

And you are telling me THAT stuff is practical...? Did your car not come with speakers and a headunit? What about a front grill, didn't get one at time of purchase either? Get real man, 95% of all cars would be "rice" according to your standards--even yours.
Old 10-15-2004, 10:25 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Oh those are useful. If you need them apparently your to low or you have no idea how to buy wheels with the proper offset.
Yea apparently some people like their wheels flushed with the fenders instead of sunk in the wheel wells rubbing on their shocks--whattya know!
Old 10-15-2004, 10:34 PM
xBMNx

Originally Posted by JDMxB
And you are telling me THAT stuff is practical...? Did your car not come with speakers and a headunit? What about a front grill, didn't get one at time of purchase either? Get real man, 95% of all cars would be "rice" according to your standards--even yours.
i bought the xb just for a audio system other than that i could careless about it

Old 10-15-2004, 11:02 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
StyleWagons
SL Member
Scion Evolution

That kinda stuff is like wearing your pants 5 sizes too big and hanging off your ___ with the cap turned backwards and all... Real cool when you're 15, but when you get a little older you know better.
Old 10-16-2004, 12:31 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by JDMxB
Yea apparently some people like their wheels flushed with the fenders instead of sunk in the wheel wells rubbing on their shocks--whattya know!
yeah if theyre rubbing on the shocks theres a prob . just run with 7 to 7.5 wide rims and you have no probs a bigger tire slows you down and a heavier rim slows you down. and i know these cars aren't performance cars but you dont wanna make em even slower do you?
Old 10-16-2004, 02:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Scott17
That kinda stuff is like wearing your pants 5 sizes too big and hanging off your ___ with the cap turned backwards and all... Real cool when you're 15, but when you get a little older you know better.
Ok I am 40 and I guess I don't want to grow up

Besides I really think that this is a preference in style not performance, IMO I want a "Imperial" cruiser to rock and roll until the next Toyota "Supra" car is available or they release a 3SGTE GT xB

So to get back to the original thread we need 3 and 5-degree camber plates, anyone got a connection?
Old 10-16-2004, 08:57 PM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

VIP Tuning did start off with luxury car then made is way to vans and wagons in Japan. Don't hate the style, appreciate it! I didn't know there are numbers of VIP Tuning people out there. I thought I was maybe one of the few here in SD. Seems like its global. Seems like Van is the only connection to this dilemna. Maybe we should demand more to make it a priority for the camber kit to be made.
Old 10-16-2004, 09:30 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

The truth of the matter is, this VIP sh** is unsafe. That much camber also puts a damper on traction and road handling. Then, to be even MORE unsafe, add to it some seriously bad fitting wheels (reverse offset, RWD style deep dish) and stretch some seriously undersized 13 dollar walmart style rubber on them!!! AWESOME!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 02:16 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Team N.V.S.

Originally Posted by Toy xbox
Dude, have you ever been to California? Lip, tip and tuck is the cit!

Originally Posted by MyBoX
Toy xbox, did you get new wheels ?? Which style did you decide to go with ?? Sean
Just ordered these yesterday for my Christmas/New Years present... :D :D :D

Nice choice man, Can't wait to see them on your car !!! Sean
Old 10-17-2004, 02:49 AM
5 Year Member

Originally Posted by MIKE DEGUZMAN

all other comments can be left in your moms pants with the crabs....
So THAT'S what happened to those crabs. I've been looking all over for them!!!
Old 10-17-2004, 02:05 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by velocitybb
Seems like its global. Seems like Van is the only connection to this dilemna. Maybe we should demand more to make it a priority for the camber kit to be made.
I started this thread to get his attention, hopefully more people will start posting for the kits.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30920
Old 10-18-2004, 03:04 AM
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

Originally Posted by Toy xbox
Originally Posted by velocitybb
Seems like its global. Seems like Van is the only connection to this dilemna. Maybe we should demand more to make it a priority for the camber kit to be made.
I started this thread to get his attention, hopefully more people will start posting for the kits.

https://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=30920
Van, I hope you see this thread? If there are any VIP Tuners out there, it would be nice if yall back up Toy xbox on demanding the kit a priority!!!!!
Old 10-23-2004, 03:08 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

There IS a purpose for negative camber... and in fact, ALL cars have negative camber from the factory! WOWOWO! Yes, believe it or not...
so the question then is, how much is too much? My Q45 has like -7.5deg in the back.

Why? Because I'm running really wide and low offset wheels in the back and because I wanted to experiment and determine the limits of what I could fit underneath the stock fenderwells of the car. It's also fun to confuse people because 99% of the population has never seen anything like that. I agree, my Q's rear is extreme, and to the layman, it looks like I've got broken axles... so it's understandable when people say that they personally don't think it looks right, cuz I can honestly agree with that to a point. (BTW, the Q handles amazingly well)

I think that for most folks, as far as appearance is concerned, neg camber beyond -3 deg will look "funny." It also depends on the wheel/tire setup because some may exaggerate the amount of camber more than others, aesthetically, but once you get into the -4 deg plus range, people can definitely notice that something is awry regardless of your wheels/tires. I suppose as long as you keep the neg camber "sedate" looking, there is no one who could argue with the looks you can achieve... for example, I'm willing to bet that even those who do not like any form of neg camber would have to agree that this setup looks ok:

Old 10-23-2004, 07:00 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

nicely put van.. your Q45 looks clean. are those club linea's that you have on them??
Old 10-24-2004, 01:03 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

thanks... the car's pretty rough tho, as a daily driver.. you can see all the paint scuffs on the bumper and the cracked fog light, and dented fender... all from the previous owner though! >HAHA<

The wheels are actually work vs-xx all around...

Quick Reply: how to get the VIP camber/stance....