Notices
Scion xA/xB 1st-Gen Suspension & Handling Coilovers, Shocks, Airbags, Swaybars...

My Bagged Box!!! Lots of pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2005, 11:04 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

thanks ^_^
Old 09-14-2005, 03:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

SL Member
Premium Member

Both rides look good, I like the wheels on the Xb alot.
Old 09-14-2005, 03:24 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

love it man.....
which shocks did you use to make it an inch lower...thats what i need cause the set up looks the same...let meknow please
Old 09-14-2005, 03:51 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

where does everyone put their tanks?
Old 09-14-2005, 03:53 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

people put it under the car,behind the custom box for your subs,i got mine on top of my box
Old 09-14-2005, 04:21 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

and what about the compressor, can you put it under? also what about the gallon size? what difference does it specifically make?
Old 09-14-2005, 04:34 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
Scikotics
SL Member

well i got a friend that has a 5 gallon under the car and also the compressor.... you don't need to go over 5gallon but its up to you......
Old 09-14-2005, 04:42 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Team ScioNRG

nice
Old 09-14-2005, 04:48 PM

Default damn that xb is nice

I love the rims. A+++++ on the selection and love th bags. u aint gotta do nothin else to that ride. that things is awesome. i love it. mad props dude.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:01 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member

Scikotics
SL Member
Team N.V.S.
Scion Evolution

ive got 5 gal. w/comp under the car: alot less interior noise really. but then everything is bound to get dirty; and clenliness is part of maintenance...
Old 09-14-2005, 11:38 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Thanks for all the comments guys.

I couldn't get my tank and compressor under my car, I just didnt feel like taking the time to get it in there to fit.

I don't really mind the compressor noise. There really is no mess with having it in my car.

The shocks I just got from Napa that Phil from FBI had put on the rear bracket instructions.

I still got plenty to do to my car. Suspension is done. Working on my interior and stereo now.
Old 09-14-2005, 11:47 PM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by rebelMan
nice!!! now i understand how the lines are ran to the bags and struts. Do you think that over the time the rear of the rear bags are going to wear out from having uneven pressure on them? the rear suspension looks like it puts more pressure towards the front i guess pushing the air against the back walls mostly. Why didn't they just make it put pressure directly DOWNward on the spring (or in this case bag)? And that switch box is PiMp!

How do you only run 2 switchs? This is the setup i want, up & down ONLY! teach me man, thx

Oh, something i've always wondered, when you jack your box up to change oil etc. Do you shoot it up all the way with bags then jack it up? I guess you have to huh? Do the rear bags fall out tho, or does the FBI brackets hold on to em? Thanks
Aight. As for the uneven air pressure, i am running a front and back only. So both front struts will always have the same pressure, except when I am cornering hard or something, the car will lean like all cars usually do, but the pressure will just even out when flat again. Same with the rear. If it was all independent bags, every bag will have different pressure.

Now, to have FB, you run 4 valves. to run FBSS, you run 8. For FB, you have 2 valves for front, and 2 valves for the rear. One inflates, one deflates. With this, all you need is 2 switches, one for the front, that controls up and down, and one for the rear, up and down. You could add a 3rd switch to control pancake, but I think pancake is pointless.

For FBSS, you have 2 valves PER bag. one to fill bag, one to dump bag. Thats where you get all your 10 switches or so.

When it comes to jacking it up for anything, yeah I'd air it all up just to make it easier to get a floor jack under it and then jack stands, or high enuf to be able to drive up onto a lift, depending on what kind of lift it is. Plus it always makes things a lot easier.

When you lift the car off the ground, the rear stuff will not fall out, they don't sit in there like springs, they are bolted and screwed down, so it will hang in there and not pop out.

Got anymore questions, lemme know!
Old 09-15-2005, 12:06 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

why is pancaking pointless? wouldnt it be kinda nice to lift and drop evenly with one flick of a switch? and do you still need 2 dual gauges for a FB setup?

i also forgot to add, 30 posts later, your box is dope, those wheels are crazy!
Old 09-15-2005, 12:15 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I ordered single needle, but they had sent me dual needle on accident. you could run 1 dual needle if you want.

As for pancaking, dropping it is ok, but when it comes to lifting it, the front weighs more, it takes at least 80psi to get it up, for me at least. When you lift it all up at once, it will come up uneven. I can't remember exactly what my buddy told me, who knows air like the back of his hand, said something about how it will lift the whole car, but pressure will go somewhere else and I just can't think of what he said. But thats my opinion, do what you like, it is your ride
Old 09-15-2005, 12:17 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

^ What he said

Normally the back lifts faster because of weight.. Basically because of the weight it takes more pressure to lift the front to the same height.
Old 09-15-2005, 12:35 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member
Scion Evolution

so what would 2 dual needles be good for?
Old 09-15-2005, 01:34 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Originally Posted by peabe
so what would 2 dual needles be good for?
FBSS. Or use just 1 gauge with dual needle for FB.
Old 09-15-2005, 01:40 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

Posted this in another post abuot bags too, but this is the plumbing set up in my car too.

-----------------------------------------------------------

This is what my set up looks like. Plumbing and what not. I don't really know how the wiring goes so I can't really make up a wiring diagram.

This is all plumbed for half inch valves and lines and fittings.

I recommend these parker fittings. http://www.parker.com/EAD/displayCat...desc=PRESTOLOK

I have things color coded, so here we go.

With a 2 port tank and compressor. Lets start with the blue fitting off the tank.

This is what is off the tank. 1/2" to 1/2" hex nipple. male to male:

This is what the hex nipple is going into, 3 way 1/2" union tee:

This is what the air compressor goes into then into the 1/2" union tee, a 3/8" female to 1/2" male bushing:

This is what the air pressue goes into, same thing as above actually. so use that link, haha.

Now... The orange off the tank is a 1/2" push to 1/2" male swivel:

The T after the orange 1/2" push to 1/2" male swivel, is just a 1/2" T push connect:

Now to the valve blocks. From the airline the block is a 1/2" push to 1/2" male, tthis is used on each fill valve:

Now is the extruded cross, 1/2" all around:

From off the cross, each one of these go between the block and valves, 1/2" hex nipples:

From the block to my gauges, I use a 1/2" male to 3/8" push connect, a 90 degree could be used too if wanted:

Since we are on the gauges, I use a 3/8" push connect to 3/8" female into the back of my gauge:

Back to the valve, on the valve that fills the bags, a 1/2" male to 1/2" push connect is used:

From off that, we go to a T push connect, 1/2" on all sides:

Now for the rear bags, the rear bags on a firestone 2500lb is normall 3/8" port. From off the bag, I used a 3/8" male to 1/2" female, looks like it doesn't get much extension, but it gives just enuf:

Then from that extension, I use a 90 degree 1/2" male to 1/2" push connect:

You do the same thing basically for the front, with all the valve stuff. When it comes to the airline and such from off the front valves, you just use a 1/2" push connect to your struts, that go to 1/2" push in connect to 3/8" male I think it is, they were the fittings that were given with the struts.

I hope this was helpful. I think it is. Ask if you got questions. (this took me a good hour to do, haha)
Old 09-15-2005, 03:09 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
KAD
SL Member

Originally Posted by Sittin_Pretti_Box
Originally Posted by rebelMan
nice!!! now i understand how the lines are ran to the bags and struts. Do you think that over the time the rear of the rear bags are going to wear out from having uneven pressure on them? the rear suspension looks like it puts more pressure towards the front i guess pushing the air against the back walls mostly. Why didn't they just make it put pressure directly DOWNward on the spring (or in this case bag)? And that switch box is PiMp!

How do you only run 2 switchs? This is the setup i want, up & down ONLY! teach me man, thx

Oh, something i've always wondered, when you jack your box up to change oil etc. Do you shoot it up all the way with bags then jack it up? I guess you have to huh? Do the rear bags fall out tho, or does the FBI brackets hold on to em? Thanks
Aight. As for the uneven air pressure, i am running a front and back only. So both front struts will always have the same pressure, except when I am cornering hard or something, the car will lean like all cars usually do, but the pressure will just even out when flat again. Same with the rear. If it was all independent bags, every bag will have different pressure.

Now, to have FB, you run 4 valves. to run FBSS, you run 8. For FB, you have 2 valves for front, and 2 valves for the rear. One inflates, one deflates. With this, all you need is 2 switches, one for the front, that controls up and down, and one for the rear, up and down. You could add a 3rd switch to control pancake, but I think pancake is pointless.

For FBSS, you have 2 valves PER bag. one to fill bag, one to dump bag. Thats where you get all your 10 switches or so.

When it comes to jacking it up for anything, yeah I'd air it all up just to make it easier to get a floor jack under it and then jack stands, or high enuf to be able to drive up onto a lift, depending on what kind of lift it is. Plus it always makes things a lot easier.

When you lift the car off the ground, the rear stuff will not fall out, they don't sit in there like springs, they are bolted and screwed down, so it will hang in there and not pop out.

Got anymore questions, lemme know!

You have been VERY helpful man! Thanks, i feel pretty confident i know the basics now! All i have to do now is start piecing together all the parts. Thanks a ton for that diagram too, i responded to u in the other post about it.

As far as the dual needle goes, i would run 2 lines to the gauge from the 2 extruded cross blocks? I'm assuming the needles are different colors as well right? Any link to a good gauge you recommend? Also, where can i get those shocks for the rear that are shorter?
Old 09-15-2005, 04:53 AM
10 Year Member
5 Year Member
SL Member

I messed up a lil part on the diagram, the line on the extrude block should be going to the bag, not the tank, i'll fix that tomorrow.

KP Komponents makes a good 200psi dual needle for like $15. It has 2 needles, one red and the other black. Go to www.suicidedoors.com, I got a lot of stuff through them too.

I got my shorter shocks from NAPA, but I haven't put em in yet. I don't remember the part number, but when you get the rear brackets from FBI, it comes with instructions on how to install the brackets and a number for the part for the shorter shocks.

Quick Reply: My Bagged Box!!! Lots of pics!!!